RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
awaisbhalli

Media Player for watching movies in FSD3 or Aurora

Is there nice media player which could play movies in all the vdo formats and music like mp3 (which i can paste in the remaining space of my 2TB RGH HDD)?

If not !!!! I request Someone can please make another excellent addition for all of us users !!!

At first Aurora is a Dashboard, not a Media Player solution. Its highly unlikely we see a Media Player feature in Aurora in the future.

xmplayer or ffplayer.(or ffshow or something name skippin my brain right now, simple search should find the video apps available)

they work okay, xmplayer is xell i think and videos need to be 720p i think? i dont use them much at all. stock player works good for most formats. some mp4 and mkv have to try with the apps but mkv is usually beyond 720p so hit n miss... you can also try streaming with media center, nothing compared to original xbmc but it works for most formats.

also dvd formats should be okay I would assume, doesnt your dvd drive play dvds? so I think it should be able to play dvd format as well, pretty sure I had some vob files (or extracted dvds) before and they were the only watchable movies on my ext hdd at that time.

vdo format? quick google search says the format has been discontinued since 1998. maybe try a video converter? i use xilisoft products, they work great, using an older video converter ultimate and it does wonders. (got tired of huge file size videos, pffft convert that and retain quality) get what you pay for tho xilisoft is worth it. maybe you can find the stuff somewhere else though for free ;\

Best bet is an app on the computer called Serviio. it is a dlna server, but it has device profiles, and will use ffmpeg to convert the files to wmv9 on the fly for the xbox to play natively. Works alright for most videos and music that is in formats the xbox cant read. That being said, ffmpeg doesnt support multithreading or video card accelleration for wmv9 video formats, so depending on the resolution of the original file and the core clock speed of your CPU, it can be unreliable sometimes.... Mainly for stuff past 720p. It works, but spends alot of time waiting on the computer.