RealModScene
MaesterRowen

NOVA - The Future of LiNK

Unfortunatly, there arent that many moderators on unity, and unlike xbox live, there is no real test for mods, I guess they could check for people using modded xboxes, but then again everyone on link is. lol.  I do agree that something needs to be done, but at the sametime, there isnt much that can be done at the moment. :(

• Like 2

all i can say is get a kick menu. i use trainers, rpc, jrpc, xrpc v2 tools for black op II to kick cheater. the kick menus works for public rooms also. i also know of kick menus for more CoDs. if you want a 1/2 ass fix for this. post here or pm me.

A few nights ago, I came up with an idea for LiNK. I thought, (And I think I speak for everyone when I say that it's hard finding people who speak the same language.) maybe there would be something you guys could do to make it easier for people to find others who speak the same language as they do. (Exp. I speak English as I live in the U.S. It is very difficult to find others who also speak English) So I didn't know if maybe there could be something like, a Region/Language Selection or something? Or maybe something that people can join on the Unity website or maybe on here? (Swizzy was the first to see this suggestion)

• Like 1

A few nights ago, I came up with an idea for LiNK. I thought, (And I think I speak for everyone when I say that it's hard finding people who speak the same language.) maybe there would be something you guys could do to make it easier for people to find others who speak the same language as they do. (Exp. I speak English as I live in the U.S. It is very difficult to find others who also speak English) So I didn't know if maybe there could be something like, a Region/Language Selection or something? Or maybe something that people can join on the Unity website or maybe on here? (Swizzy was the first to see this suggestion)

where you live in USA. i live in WI

Look in the match making area.. That has been setup for a while..

where you live in USA. i live in WI

Do you mean Wisconsin? I'm not sure if I want to put my state here on the public forums. I'd rather send it just to you.

Oh wait, I GOT IT!!! When we get Player Search for Nova/LiNK v2, add something like a filter or something like (Search for Users/Player who speak English) or something while we are on Aurora. Eh? How's that for an idea? Pretty cool right? (At least I hope we will get Player Search for Aurora.)

When we get Player Search for Nova/LiNK v2, add something like a filter or something like (Search for Users/Player who speak English, Spanish, etc.) or something while we are on Aurora. Eh? How's that for an idea? Pretty cool right? (At least I hope we will get Player Search for Aurora.)

• Like 1

Do you mean Wisconsin? I'm not sure if I want to put my state here on the public forums. I'd rather send it just to you.

Oh wait, I GOT IT!!! When we get Player Search for Nova/LiNK v2, add something like a filter or something like (Search for Users/Player who speak English) or something while we are on Aurora. Eh? How's that for an idea? Pretty cool right? (At least I hope we will get Player Search for Aurora.)

When we get Player Search for Nova/LiNK v2, add something like a filter or something like (Search for Users/Player who speak English, Spanish, etc.) or something while we are on Aurora. Eh? How's that for an idea? Pretty cool right? (At least I hope we will get Player Search for Aurora.)

that is nonsense. so every link player would have to select what languages they speak.

but if u play 1 month or more u know which people speak english and which dont...

whats so bad about posting where i live.

whats so bad about posting where i live.

i don't think he was saying you posting where u live is nonsense,  he was saying the "forced" language thing was nonsense.. which it kind of is as the forum has a match making area separated by region.. pointless for redundant crap.. but jmo

i don't think he was saying you posting where u live is nonsense,  he was saying the "forced" language thing was nonsense.. which it kind of is as the forum has a match making area separated by region.. pointless for redundant crap.. but jmo

ok. i dont know 1/2 the time. i am still waiting on someone to post or pm me back on the kick menu tools. lol, i think it funny. i tri to help and no one cares and then thay still bitch about the LiNK cheaters and i have a 1/2 ass fix and still nuthing. what a load shit. lol, why bitch. get off you ass do something for your self. like a did.. may not be my work and have a lot of cheats, but i use it to kick cheater. i have hrs and hrs in testing any and all trainers, tools and what i can find to see what works on LiNK from xbl modders. i will tell you what. over 99% of the tools made for xbl modders work on LiNK and work well. 

thank you swizzy for liking what i said. i am at lest tring to help with LiNK cheaters. i may not be a dev or coder but at lest i have something usefull, i think, i hope

• Like 2

Look, all I'm saying is that it would be nice to just search for those who speak the same language as you do. (Example: I'm on Aurora, or in a game. I select "player search." Then there could be a filter that you can make to search for those speak the language that you have selected.) Why would that be a bad thing? Come on, we're getting messages soon! And you're saying that it would be pointless to search for people who speak a language (that you have selected) is pointless? (And the fact that you could do it right from the Xbox.) You can't say that, that is pointless. If it makes anyone feel better, I'll create a picture, as I'm really good doing that. I don't know when I'll do it, but I will. And I live in Ohio. I pretty much play all games that have System Link enabled. My LiNK username is DustinWolfe117.

i am still waiting on someone to post or pm me back on the kick menu tools. 

The kick menu tools were off the table last time I spoke to maester rowen. That is why I didnt PM you back. :( it is a nice idea, but at the same time, it is a lot of work to maintain, and he feels it will take away from future development of Nova, and Aurora. :( Now there is still the option to get ESTE to port and maintain an Aurora version of kick trainers, but I dont think he will, as he is mad at the staff here for banning him in the first place. :( And even if he did, he would probably still charge for every update, for every title update, which hurts the scene more, it is 1 thing to ask for donations if you appreciate the work done, it is a completely different thing to demand people pay for it, as there is no real buisiness for that in the hacker world. ;) That is not how communitys like this thrive. But I am sure he makes some decent money on it, even if I think 15$ per trainer is overpriced, I could  go buy a new game for that. lol.

• Like 1

OK, here's the pictures. As much as a pain in the ass it was to make them, here you go. Please download them in order.

https://mega.nz/#!boMlhKYC!tcTFpOACbk4AnydEydJS8mrJHzavLFri7jiYpaqzN3k 

https://mega.nz/#!Wt0XTZ6T!-zMzsuSp9s8luNvc3dqUwi18y8exfHrfeW_eLQ2IwMc

https://mega.nz/#!7kFUDSAb!GlnEhnZxSHi7T47rZP_tDshYiRp6rJ-_6p6XtQKK4fY

https://mega.nz/#!WxUCVQrT!RysvKFFSucyD3bq8sK_49XyCdIrGDJeW_ztarZh6Es4

There needs to be something that people will have to do. (Not sure how.) But, people will need to select what language they speak. (Not every time. It would be a one-time thing. Maybe on Aurora or Unity account settings?) What you do is select the language you speak, then when you are on the Xbox Guide for Player Search, you click the Filter button. And what that will do is to sort out people who play on LiNK that speak that language you have selected. (All it does is SHOW the people who have that language set for their spoken language, not play with only those people!) The point of this is to find other people who speak the same language as you do. Then you could message them, friend request, etc. There will be other languages to choose from of course. When you are on the Player Search tab, it will show all players by default. (Not sure how the Friends tab should look like. I'll let the creators do that on their own.) But this is just a basic idea. (I guess you could say it's a "Teaser" haha!) The rest is pretty much up to the creators to finnish. You will notice that there is an icon missing from 2 of the pics. That is because I can't find a "colored version" of them. So please don't say anything mean, I worked REALLY hard on them.

The kick menu tools were off the table last time I spoke to maester rowen. That is why I didnt PM you back. :( it is a nice idea, but at the same time, it is a lot of work to maintain, and he feels it will take away from future development of Nova, and Aurora. :( Now there is still the option to get ESTE to port and maintain an Aurora version of kick trainers, but I dont think he will, as he is mad at the staff here for banning him in the first place. :( And even if he did, he would probably still charge for every update, for every title update, which hurts the scene more, it is 1 thing to ask for donations if you appreciate the work done, it is a completely different thing to demand people pay for it, as there is no real buisiness for that in the hacker world. ;) That is not how communitys like this thrive. But I am sure he makes some decent money on it, even if I think 15$ per trainer is overpriced, I could  go buy a new game for that. lol.

i still dont know about ESTE..  i here you on that. i agree the devs have lot better shit to do. ones i am not so busy i will pm you with what i got. thanks and have a good day. lol been busy all day

i was really frustrated today because 180 people play bo2 in this moment and its almost imposible to find a game without lag.

the solution would be if hosts would be able to define max players that can join. for example i can support 10 people and we have no lag, but when more join the game is unplayable. some can support only 4 players and so on...

so if the host would be able to define how many players can join his game we would solve a HUGE problem on link. there would be a lot of smaller partys but there would be no lag.

we cannot do that as it's per-game basis, we have no idea how many are actually in your game...

• Like 2

would there be a way to define max room size when u make one?

because for example if there would be no good host i would make a room with max 10 players allowed.

there are a lot of ppl with 1mb upload and they can support up to 10 or mybe 12 players.

it would be awsome if there would be smaller rooms with good connection.

or atleast an option for max 32 players and max 12 players or something.

• Like 1

is it possible to ping other people and get numbers? lets say unity would ping every player every x minutes or 1x a day or something when u boot up ur xbox.

or even better the host would be able to ping everyone in his game. because those 4 bars are a piece of ****...

AND PLEASE I BEG U DONT LET PEOPLE WHO ARE BLOCKED JOIN THROUGH XBOX UNITY HOMEPAGE

we block only cheaters and those who lag really bad. and they keep comming back all the time. room leader has to kick all the time.

u guys would not believe how stupid some people on link are...

another idea is when u oppen the room and u see who is in the room, beside their name there should be the name of the country that they live in. so that we know if they are from south america or other far away places

You need to learn how to edit your posts...

It is possible to build our own custom ping check thing, but, it's not likely to be worth the trouble as it needs to be pinging between each and every one in your room, and you need to see it somewhere... how will we display that information?

If someone is blocked, they won't be able to join the room from anywhere... are they able to do so right now?

Please make suggestions/requests in separate threads in the suggestions forum

mark the thread with [NOVA] when it's NOVA related...

• Like 2

You need to learn how to edit your posts...

It is possible to build our own custom ping check thing, but, it's not likely to be worth the trouble as it needs to be pinging between each and every one in your room, and you need to see it somewhere... how will we display that information?

If someone is blocked, they won't be able to join the room from anywhere... are they able to do so right now?

Please make suggestions/requests in separate threads in the suggestions forum

mark the thread with [NOVA] when it's NOVA related...

the ping info could be displayed next to their names when u open up nova.

or it doesnt have to be displayed. when a person wants to join a host, nova would ping him and if his ping is above x ms then he would not be able to join the host. that would solve 99% of the issues.

about blocked people... i heard from a lot of people that host that blocked people can come back if they sign in through xbox unity homepage. they also say that when u create a room and u can define from what region people can join that that also does not work correctly.

ok noted. next time i will write in suggestions forum.

and i would like to thank the developers of nova for listening to the community.

I MADE A SUGGESTION THREAD IN SUGGESTIONS FORUM AND I WOULD ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO READ IT.

link: http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/5436-nova-ping-patch-limit-eliminate-99-of-lag-on-link/

i have no clue if it is possible or not but atleast i try to make this community better and maybe someone will get an idea based of my nonsense. :)

I heard rumors that the update will come out tomorrow, is that true ??? (sorry for my bad english but im a brazillian guy) :thumbup:

No, they're not true... any rumour that doesn't originate from the Phoenix devs are likely to be false

In Fact, you'll know before it's even considered to be released that it's on the way, when you see information about a aurora version with NOVA being mentioned by MaesterRowen in lika "Aurora 0.xb Update information" you'll know it's coming with that update...

• Like 3

I heard rumors that N.O.V.A will leave today 02/06 . However does not proceed as already read a question about it .

I wonder if you have a date for the release of the update ?

Thank you. (Text done by Google Translate )

I heard rumors that N.O.V.A will leave today 02/06 . However does not proceed as already read a question about it .

I wonder if you have a date for the release of the update ?

Thank you. (Text done by Google Translate )

Learn to read the information supplied here, and DO NOT ask for the release date as it'll be released when it's ready, we don't EVER give out a specific release date, when Phoenix software is released the day it's released, no special announcements saying any date for it, there are some update information prior to the release, but this info may be months before the actual release, or just a couple of weeks...

• Like 2