MaesterRowen

NOVA - The Future of LiNK

No one would read all 273 replies

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

And those that dont, dont get help..
  • Like 2

No one would read all 273 replies

I have... at the very least, we expect you to read the first few, and the last few... as the first will likely hold something important, and also the last ones will...

I have... at the very least, we expect you to read the first few, and the last few... as the first will likely hold something important, and also the last ones will...

Me too....  Not much to read though. A lot of speculation, and people asking when it will happen. 

• Like 3

Everyone is still waiting for this, and it's still in development... we do have other things to do aswell (work, family etc.)

I understand. This is same in my life, less time for game scene, lot time for lifeworks. 

• Like 2

Do we need to enter somekind of broadcast and upload port in nova? I wanna play with my friend in link but that's the only problem that stops my friend from playing with me.

Please note that i don't know much about servers and probably this question has an obvious answer

Do we need to enter somekind of broadcast and upload port in nova? I wanna play with my friend in link but that's the only problem that stops my friend from playing with me.

Please note that i don't know much about servers and probably this question has an obvious answer

Well yeah, you need to open said ports...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Well yeah, you need to open said ports...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Can u give me an explanation of what it does

• Like 1

Can u give me an explanation of what it does

They're used for the communication, the reason you have to open them is because each console acts as a server (when hosting games) which is when you need to open the ports, the firewall in your router blocks any incomming connection, outgoing connections allow traffic to flow in both directions tho...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Will probably be adjustable just like Link is now.. if you have more than 1 xb in the same place, you would define different ports on each xb and forward them in the router if upnp isnt available.. as the same port cant be used for both..
  • Like 1

They're used for the communication, the reason you have to open them is because each console acts as a server (when hosting games) which is when you need to open the ports, the firewall in your router blocks any incomming connection, outgoing connections allow traffic to flow in both directions tho...

Sent from my SM-G903F

This is the usual setup, used on most home routers, but I have worked in enviornments where they have very strict outgoing firewall rules also.

Sent from my SM-G903F

Does wifi speed affect this? I always get connection errors at bo2 even though my wifi is not slow (not fast too) but i can play online games in my laptop without connection errors and lag

Does wifi speed affect this? I always get connection errors at bo2 even though my wifi is not slow (not fast too) but i can play online games in my laptop without connection errors and lag

It's not so much the speed, it's the signal strength that is important, wifi is wireless and will be interrupted by various things in your environment which may cause data loss resulting in a failed connection and/or lag

It's not so much the speed, it's the signal strength that is important, wifi is wireless and will be interrupted by various things in your environment which may cause data loss resulting in a failed connection and/or lag

the wifi on 360 is super crappy.. lol.. i have VERY good strength.. can even place my 360 right beside the damn router.. will cap off around 400KB/s..

heck, og xb1 didnt even have AC connection possibility, that changed with the slim version.. wifi "might work" for XBL, but def dont try and use it for LiNK.. will cause more issues than anything lol

• Like 2

NOVA plugin will be available along with a new version of Aurora or will be available for download separately?

A new version...

This indicates that it turns in Aurora 0.7b, now we have to wait another year and a half hahaha

That would indicate that nova will be hardcoded within aurora.. which has been discussed is not the case.. it will be a plugin.. which doesnt require a new version of aurora..

That would indicate that nova will be hardcoded within aurora.. which has been discussed is not the case.. it will be a plugin.. which doesnt require a new version of aurora..

It should come with aurora 0.7b since swizzy mentioned above that it will come in a next update

Enviado de meu ASUS_T00J usando Tapatalk

It should come with aurora 0.7b since swizzy mentioned above that it will come in a next update

They might push out a new update.. they might not.. doesnt exactly require a new update, if they prepped 0.6b to be compatible.. but i really dont think NOVA will require an update to work, but more so that the update will be to block the freestyle plugin from working again.. but there are multiple ways to do either method..

They might push out a new update.. they might not.. doesnt exactly require a new update, if they prepped 0.6b to be compatible.. but i really dont think NOVA will require an update to work, but more so that the update will be to block the freestyle plugin from working again.. but there are multiple ways to do either method..

NOVA should really be compatible with aurora 0.6 but it can come at aurora 0.7b making aurora 0.6 never see the new

Well, Nova won't be hardcoded, but the interaction logic will be, just like with all the other Aurora plugins...

Sent from my SM-G903F