RealModScene
MaesterRowen

NOVA - The Future of LiNK

Short answer, unless you are a skilled programmer of network protocols, and also specialize in powerpc64 architecture, there probably isnt much you could do to help this project along. What it comes down to is this. For us with the know how to do this, it is a fun project we work on in our free time. The rest of the time we have paying jobs and family to contend with. And that is just the code end of it.... Then there is waiting for feedback from the testers, and then fixing the bugs they find. It is an involved process happening between like minded people all over the world, so scheduling can be difficult.  When the team is ready for open beta, you will know it, though dont expect too much from nova's first release, as from what I have seen the first release wont be anything like what was promised, as they spent most of the development time updating the libraries that are currently used in the freestyle plugin, which is a long and involved process.

• Like 1

I just wanted to help but you're right I do not know anything about porgramcion, I thought I could help them in porbar some update or something similar,
How will it not be similar? Will it be worse or better? To what was announced

9 hours ago, XxELBOSSxX said:

I just wanted to help but you're right I do not know anything about porgramcion, I thought I could help them in porbar some update or something similar,

This project remains between developers and experienced only until it is released

In that update will there be something to minimize the hackers?
What I would do to eliminate hackers would be to delete the title update 18 and leave until the TU14, why ?? In her you can not use hacks

On 7/24/2017 at 5:48 PM, XxELBOSSxX said:

Currently, the 1st release that will be shipped is basically an updated freestyle plugin. The code has been updated for background services the plugin provides, and bugs like the RSS feed bug are fixed. Other than that every thing works the same.

On 7/25/2017 at 11:40 AM, XxELBOSSxX said:

What I would do to eliminate hackers would be to delete the title update 18 and leave until the TU14, why ?? In her you can not use hacks

In TU14 you cant use the latest DLC either. As for this question the answer is probably not. There is nothing stopping people from running TU18 in BO2, and there is no way to reliably stop people from using trainers on link. Basically if you are good enough to create a trainer, you can write your trainer to modify the plugin ram space, so it reports that trainers arent loaded. Then there are the non aurora trainers, which the plugin wouldnt detect, as they are loaded by dashlaunch, and have nothing to do with link, aurora, the Freestyle plugin, or Nova.

On 7/25/2017 at 2:40 PM, XxELBOSSxX said:

10 hours ago, gavin_darkglider said:

Currently, the 1st release that will be shipped is basically an updated freestyle plugin. The code has been updated for background services the plugin provides, and bugs like the RSS feed bug are fixed. Other than that every thing works the same.

In TU14 you cant use the latest DLC either. As for this question the answer is probably not. There is nothing stopping people from running TU18 in BO2, and there is no way to reliably stop people from using trainers on link. Basically if you are good enough to create a trainer, you can write your trainer to modify the plugin ram space, so it reports that trainers arent loaded. Then there are the non aurora trainers, which the plugin wouldnt detect, as they are loaded by dashlaunch, and have nothing to do with link, aurora, the Freestyle plugin, or Nova.

TU 14 CAN use all DLC.. iirc.. there are TONS of bugs in that TU tho.. for zombie glitches and such as well.. ofc i do not mean microtransaction DLC for cammos.. but the main 4 DLC's work on TU 14.. i was an avid zombies player for bops2 hahahaaha.. loved me some die rise and origins.. STILL play em now they are backwards compat on xb1.. dont think ill buy the remastered ones for bops3.. destiny 2 is around the corner hahaha..

@XxELBOSSxX

you REALLY REALLY dont get how easy it is to modify COD games.. there are offsets posted elsewhere, there are RTE's made for multiple TU's, there are even Aurora trainers made for all TU's for games.. swapping a TU thinking a trainer cant work on it is just plain ignorant.. 

2 hours ago, XxELBOSSxX said:

Will it be like the first test of Nova? or not yet?

I dont know what you mean here, as Aurora 0.7b will have all of the same stuff that Aurora 0.6b will have, plus a bunch of new stuff. As for nova, I only know what the developers tell me, and what I have found making my own observations. I dont have the code, so there might just be new functions in it, that arent used, for new features that are underdeveloped. I expect big things for nova, in the future. I honestly cant think of one more thing that could be added that would make the dashboard better. 

Let me drop some knowledge..... In a chat I had with MaesterRowen, I was asking what major new features were being put off for aurora 0.8b. He told me that they were pretty much out of ideas for making aurora better, as far as new features go. So my best guess would be that after 0.7b, aurora releases will be either for new LUA functions(assuming that a ton of utility scripters show up), or bug fixes with no really big new features in sight. This is when I think actual plugin and server development will take off, much further than it it has already, once aurora development has slowed down. Then the major updates to aurora will probably be more plugin related, and the plugin will get a lot more attention, than it has been getting since this thread was started. As far as 0.7b goes, there is stuff that was fixed since the last build, but a new build has not been released for the testers yet, and there is still one major feature to be finished, but I have no idea when it will be done. A little spoiler here, it isnt SMBserver plugin.... Support for that has been included in aurora for a while, even though the plugin isnt finished, and as an end user, you would never know it without looking at the logs for aurora.

• Like 1

Nova and aurora go together. I cant tell you when it will be released, or what aurora version it will be released with. Not because I dont know, or have an idea, but because it is not my place. Honestly if I say much more, I might get a not so nice PM from one of the developers. All I was trying to do was prove that the project isnt dead, and give a little information on the status of the project. You guys will have to wait to find out more. What people dont realize is that there is a lot of work involved in these things. Team Phoenix is working on multiple projects to make aurora whole. Nova is just a piece of that puzzle. There is the main aurora, LUA API fixes, SMBDLL, Nova, LinkV2 server, new WebUI, etc. Most projects on this scale are modular, and have a ton of developers, and testers attached. This is a major project being actively worked on 8 people, who each have their own skill sets, and live all over the world. This is why patience is essential. All of us have lives, and children, and day jobs to pay the bills. This is a side project  for most of us. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, PaulistaGamesYT said:

Is the project still under development?

Do you have a release date or preview?

😶

Nova has been released already.. but there is still stuff being developed

On 12/18/2018 at 5:39 PM, PaulistaGamesYT said:

Is the project still under development? Do you have a release date or preview?😶

See, you dont need giant text to ask a question. That being said, Aurora and Nova are still being worked on, not much going on at the moment that I know of, but I am sure there is a lot I dont know about.

I have a 360 RGH that is the old model with no internet but I bought a wireless adapter. Everytime I check Nova I get system link ping patch failed. 

1 hour ago, NoSoul said:

I have a 360 RGH that is the old model with no internet but I bought a wireless adapter. Everytime I check Nova I get system link ping patch failed. 

Dashlaunch settings mate