RealModScene
MaesterRowen

NOVA - The Future of LiNK

The limits could be handled by Aurora.

There could be an extra menu for unity + nova functions, where you can (voice) chat and see friendlist online and locations.

And then all that disappears when you start a game-  right now my focus will be on getting LiNK working with everything we currently have planned- we'll see how much resources we have left afterward to expand upon it.

Ok but of course they should be separated. I guess you cant save the states and pass them each other but that wasnt my intention.

Aurora must have system link integrated in itself, so we have there a chat wall or something. I dunno im just having thoughts about new possibilities not just for Nova but also for Aurora.

Nova is first of course ;)

• Like 1

Pretty exciting news, although I don't play on LiNK all that much. I thinks it's due to the lack of gaming friends... :rolleyes:

Ok but of course they should be separated. I guess you cant save the states and pass them each other but that wasnt my intention.

Aurora must have system link integrated in itself, so we have there a chat wall or something. I dunno im just having thoughts about new possibilities not just for Nova but also for Aurora.

Nova is first of course ;)

You do realize that if online integration is handled by nova, then you are still stuck with the limitations of nova. even in aurora. The only thing that aurora does without nova is cover and tu downloading, and to some degree, that still requires your API key, at least for the covers.

You do realize that if online integration is handled by nova, then you are still stuck with the limitations of nova. even in aurora. The only thing that aurora does without nova is cover and tu downloading, and to some degree, that still requires your API key, at least for the covers.

Only when pushing covers, you don't need APIKey to download covers as-is, but if you want a custom one, you need the APIKey so the server knows who you are xD

• Like 1

Yeah ultimately, Nova would be the controlling entity for maintaining the Xbox Unity connection.   Any data that gets sent to Aurora will be through Nova first. 

Yeah ultimately, Nova would be the controlling entity for maintaining the Xbox Unity connection. Any data that gets sent to Aurora will be through Nova first.

Either way, donated my $5 to the cause.. Can't wait for release!!

• Like 2

What is the difference from Freestyle plugin? Like said. Aurora itself would have additional features in combination with nova or even without nova because it could handle the limitations like voice chat caused by lack of memory.

To get notifications it must be implemented to nova if you want to see it also in any game except Aurora. Aurora could also have a unity wall where you see your online friends and their locations. I doubt this is possible with a HUD plug in alone.

• Like 1

What is the difference from Freestyle plugin? Like said. Aurora itself would have additional features in combination with nova or even without nova because it could handle the limitations like voice chat caused by lack of memory.

To get notifications it must be implemented to nova if you want to see it also in any game except Aurora. Aurora could also have a unity wall where you see your online friends and their locations. I doubt this is possible with a HUD plug in alone.

Aurora can only have voice chat while it's running, but that doesn't really help much... you're looking to have voice chat while in the game? well, Aurora unloads when the game loads... so...

• Like 1

Aurora can only have voice chat while it's running, but that doesn't really help much... you're looking to have voice chat while in the game? well, Aurora unloads when the game loads... so...

It could do with a plugin

first i would really like to thank you guys for working so hard. I LOVE LINK!

i play Black ops 2 a lot and the things that are destroying the comunity in my oppinion are:

- CHEATING: there are a lot of cheaters and some cheat so good that its really hard to say if they are cheating. the other thing is that because some people cheat, people started labeling good players as cheaters.

- PEOPLE WITH BAD CONNECTION: there are A LOT of people with really bad connection or far away and they cause game and sound lag for all other players. we tryed block + kick feature but they still come back after 1h and than we have to kick again (THANKS a lot for making link load super fast, so it is easyer to kick). i also was searching for a kick mod because we have huge problems with cheaters and lagy people. i do agree that we could lock down the room, but we want to allow people to join and also if we had a pass some of the players would tell the pass to others for sure and its hard to change the pass and tell it to other 150-200 people that dont cheat and have atleast ok connection.

We dont even bother to play in public rooms because u have 100% chance of having atleast 3 people in each game that have either bad connection or cheat, which makes the game unplayable.

REQUESTS:

- BLOCK: we always block people but they keep coming back which is anoying. we only block those with bad connection and cheaters (there are only max 300 players that play bo2 so we block only those who are really dragging us down) and we dont want them to come back. EVER!

- HOST KICK OPTION: in private lobby only the leader can kick which is nonsense. for example we make a room and sometimes it happens that the leader gets disconnected from the room and we loose leadership. or the room stays on until next day and that person cant reclaim leadership of his own room. we could make another room but people join the room because they know who made it and if someone else makes the room people join really slow because they think we are in the room that we are always in.

and a lot of times there is a good private room and we would like to join and host there, because there are already many people in there but ALWAYS there have to be atleast 5 people that lag or cheat and since we dont hve leadership we are forced to make our private room and than there are 2 rooms half filled insted of 1 full room.

if the host could block and kick regardless if he is the room leader that would help a lot.

-CHEATS: option to disable all cheats. i have read all the pages in this topic and i know that this is not possible. it really sucks when u try your best and in the end you are labeled as a cheater and sometimes even kicked for that.

AGAIN I WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU FOR TRYING SO HARD. I HAVE MADE A LOT OF REALLY GREAT FRIENDS ON LINK AND WE TALK EVEN OUTSIDE LINK ALL THANKS TO YOU GUYS THAT MADE IT ALL POSSIBLE

It could do with a plugin

Yes, but, the problem is that the console have a limited amount of memory, even less when games are running, adding too much like this causes problems for the games...

Also, we've got alot planned already for Nova, you can if you want learn to write plugins for the Xbox 360 and build this yourself, nobody is stopping you from doing so :)

first i would really like to thank you guys for working so hard. I LOVE LINK!

i play Black ops 2 a lot and the things that are destroying the comunity in my oppinion are:

- CHEATING: there are a lot of cheaters and some cheat so good that its really hard to say if they are cheating. the other thing is that because some people cheat, people started labeling good players as cheaters.

- PEOPLE WITH BAD CONNECTION: there are A LOT of people with really bad connection or far away and they cause game and sound lag for all other players. we tryed block + kick feature but they still come back after 1h and than we have to kick again (THANKS a lot for making link load super fast, so it is easyer to kick). i also was searching for a kick mod because we have huge problems with cheaters and lagy people. i do agree that we could lock down the room, but we want to allow people to join and also if we had a pass some of the players would tell the pass to others for sure and its hard to change the pass and tell it to other 150-200 people that dont cheat and have atleast ok connection.

We dont even bother to play in public rooms because u have 100% chance of having atleast 3 people in each game that have either bad connection or cheat, which makes the game unplayable.

REQUESTS:

- BLOCK: we always block people but they keep coming back which is anoying. we only block those with bad connection and cheaters (there are only max 300 players that play bo2 so we block only those who are really dragging us down) and we dont want them to come back. EVER!

- HOST KICK OPTION: in private lobby only the leader can kick which is nonsense. for example we make a room and sometimes it happens that the leader gets disconnected from the room and we loose leadership. or the room stays on until next day and that person cant reclaim leadership of his own room. we could make another room but people join the room because they know who made it and if someone else makes the room people join really slow because they think we are in the room that we are always in.

and a lot of times there is a good private room and we would like to join and host there, because there are already many people in there but ALWAYS there have to be atleast 5 people that lag or cheat and since we dont hve leadership we are forced to make our private room and than there are 2 rooms half filled insted of 1 full room.

if the host could block and kick regardless if he is the room leader that would help a lot.

-CHEATS: option to disable all cheats. i have read all the pages in this topic and i know that this is not possible. it really sucks when u try your best and in the end you are labeled as a cheater and sometimes even kicked for that.

AGAIN I WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU FOR TRYING SO HARD. I HAVE MADE A LOT OF REALLY GREAT FRIENDS ON LINK AND WE TALK EVEN OUTSIDE LINK ALL THANKS TO YOU GUYS THAT MADE IT ALL POSSIBLE

With Nova cheaters which uses Aurora trainers will be shown as using trainers... there really isn't anything we can do to stop ppl from using trainers/cheating, the best we can do is let you block/kick them and/or report them etc. any protection we setup the trainer devs will bypass, it's just a matter of time... and, if we do that, they'll likely get angry/annoyed and maybe go further and attack nova/link, that's by far worse then cheaters ;)

Regarding the room leadership concerns, we are completely revamping the leadership assignment process-  so you should see some improvements in that area.  We can't really do a host kick option cause that is essentially a game specific function; but we think with the new leadership process, it should be easier to manage your rooms.

The goal right now is that when a leader leaves or gets disconnected, leadership is automatically assigned to the person who has been there the longest.  Then, if the owner of the room (ie the person who created the room) comes in, and leader is on the wrong person or a person they don't want to have leader, they can reassign leader to either themselves or someone else.   

Our kick functions are being revamped as well- we're implementing a 5 minute kick- which is essentially the kick you have now, but only 5 minute restriction instead of 60 minute.  This allows you to warn kick.  Then we're adding a function called a room ban, which is a 2hr ban from your room.   Based on your concerns, I may increase that 2hr ban to 6hrs.

Regarding the room leadership concerns, we are completely revamping the leadership assignment process-  so you should see some improvements in that area.  We can't really do a host kick option cause that is essentially a game specific function; but we think with the new leadership process, it should be easier to manage your rooms.

The goal right now is that when a leader leaves or gets disconnected, leadership is automatically assigned to the person who has been there the longest.  Then, if the owner of the room (ie the person who created the room) comes in, and leader is on the wrong person or a person they don't want to have leader, they can reassign leader to either themselves or someone else.   

Our kick functions are being revamped as well- we're implementing a 5 minute kick- which is essentially the kick you have now, but only 5 minute restriction instead of 60 minute.  This allows you to warn kick.  Then we're adding a function called a room ban, which is a 2hr ban from your room.   Based on your concerns, I may increase that 2hr ban to 6hrs.

I LOVE U GUYS!

If the leader comes back to his room and he would be able to regain leadership that would be amazing!!!

and please use 6h ban. it would really help.

just asking, but why would someone use 5min ban? we ban people only because of bad connection or cheating. we will not warn cheaters, we will kick them. and those with bad connection i feel sorry for them but they are dragging everyone down (we kick only those with 1 bar)

and just a suggestion: it would be amazing if there would be a tab called clans on xboxunity.net where people would be able to make a clan and invite people so that everyone would be able to see what members each clan has. because now random people just use clan names, even tho they are not in a clan and there is no way to check if he is really in a clan. and maybe invite a clan to battle option or something ike that.

The dont forget there are also going to be more moderators on link, there are some already, but the way I am hearing things, we are going to find more people for that. :) Probably start out with some of the testers of Nova, and we will see who gets added from their, for moderating public rooms, and imposing public room bans also. :), Maybe Moderators will get the option to impose a longer/more permanent ban. So if the user is still cheating after a 6 hour penalty, the next ban will be 2 days, then a week, so on and so forth. :) Who knows, once again most of this is speculation. :)

• Like 1

Bad connection or cheating isn't the only reason for kicking someone-  shitty attitude, vulgar language on voice chat, racists, bigots, etc.  Maybe they don't deserve to be banned from a public or private room for 6hrs, but just need a warning to cut it out or get banned-   that's what its for.

I will look into the clan suggestion-   it would most likely have to be a website managed interface with may just a tag visible in HUD-  we'll see what we can come up with.

The dont forget there are also going to be more moderators on link, there are some already, but the way I am hearing things, we are going to find more people for that. :) Probably start out with some of the testers of Nova, and we will see who gets added from their, for moderating public rooms, and imposing public room bans also. :), Maybe Moderators will get the option to impose a longer/more permanent ban. So if the user is still cheating after a 6 hour penalty, the next ban will be 2 days, then a week, so on and so forth. :) Who knows, once again most of this is speculation. :)

i thought that link will die in max 1 year but i guess i was wrong (thank god)

now all we need is a good port of black ops 3 for xbox 360 :thumbsup:

Bad connection or cheating isn't the only reason for kicking someone-  shitty attitude, vulgar language on voice chat, racists, bigots, etc.  Maybe they don't deserve to be banned from a public or private room for 6hrs, but just need a warning to cut it out or get banned-   that's what its for.

I will look into the clan suggestion-   it would most likely have to be a website managed interface with may just a tag visible in HUD-  we'll see what we can come up with.

regarding bad attitude we have mute button which helps a lot, because those who seek attention hate it when all others mute him so next time they think 3x before they act this way. but a 5min ban is also more than welcome.

thanks again for all the work!

Link will be around long after xbox live on the 360, just look at Xlink Kai, and the original Xbox, and that is when it will really take off. you think there are a lot of people playing BO2 on their rgh, wait until there is no more live. Unfortunatly, this involves more people modding their systems, but with the release of RGH1.2, and R-Jtop, you can now get the boot speeds of the CR4, with the older original glitch chips. :) on just about every system up to the trinity, and I am sure they will crack the rgh1.2 their also soon. :)

• Like 1

Link will be around long after xbox live on the 360, just look at Xlink Kai, and the original Xbox, and that is when it will really take off. you think there are a lot of people playing BO2 on their rgh, wait until there is no more live. Unfortunatly, this involves more people modding their systems, but with the release of RGH1.2, and R-Jtop, you can now get the boot speeds of the CR4, with the older original glitch chips. :) on just about every system up to the trinity, and I am sure they will crack the rgh1.2 their also soon. :)

if even more people will come than a clan system is a must! :)

but wont link be overloaded if even more people will come?

They are revamping the whole setup, in anticipation for this. :) Once xbox live goes offline next year, there will be no reason not to mod a 360, and that is when the people that dont have modded 360's will want new options for online play. Xlink Kai got some use on the OG Xbox, but now you look on there, and there are 90% more people using it now, then they were in 2004, before the 360 came out, and xbox live was still available on it. Trust me, I used to mod those for money in high school.

i have a ?. will i be able to host and join the same host from the same IP with Nova LiNK

Any chance you can be more specific? If I am understanding the question correctly, you are saying that you cant use two consoles on link at the same time in the same house?

• Like 1