RealModScene
MaesterRowen

NOVA - The Future of LiNK

You ask me, it is kind of messed up to have a trainer to kick people from public rooms, on a server you have no buisness kicking people from, because other people are using trainers. Talk about irony, then to have the trainer act as a trainer for the game you are playing also. Am I the only person who sees the irony in this. lol. I have a funny feeling that if people keep writing trainers like this, it will ruin link, and possibly get it shut down in the future. Best to let the link moderation staff deal with it. I am sure with nova, there will be a report option, where people can report users for using trainers, then a mod can check it out. As for not being able to kick people from private rooms, that probably happened with the switch from JQE360, to XboxUnity, and I will drop a line to JQE about that.

Nevermind, if I am reading that trainer config window propperly, it is only for the game you are playing, so if you are hosting a game in call of duty, then you can kick people out of the game you are hosting, but not out of the link room. Not a bad idea, might throw that Idea out to maester rowen also, but being game specific, I dont know how feasable it would be to add it to nova. :(

It's not possible to make nova kick ppl out of games, the closest is to kick them from the LiNK room

• Like 3

I was thinking that if they could add a similar feature to nova, it would help with moderating link, and if there was an attached report system, then the link moderators wouldnt have such a hard time, I get that it would have to be added as an aurora trainer, but it could be a special trainer that is loaded by nova on game launch, that is silent in the background, and doesnt allow for game mods. From what I understand, I would think it would be possible. In therory at least. Let me see if I can get a hold of este, and see exactly how it works.

• Like 1

I was thinking that if they could add a similar feature to nova, it would help with moderating link, and if there was an attached report system, then the link moderators wouldnt have such a hard time, I get that it would have to be added as an aurora trainer, but it could be a special trainer that is loaded by nova on game launch, that is silent in the background, and doesnt allow for game mods. From what I understand, I would think it would be possible. In therory at least. Let me see if I can get a hold of este, and see exactly how it works.

Well, to kick someone out of a game, it has to be specific for each game i would think, that's why it's not possible to do with nova... we can't maintain that for every single game/version...

Basically, kicking from the room have a similar effect as they're kicked from the network, connection lost...

• Like 4

I figured it would be something like that, but it doesnt hurt to ask the guy who developed the option. I will let you know if they can make a general trainer for every version of the game for something like this, or if it is TU Specific, if I can get a hold of him.

• Like 1

You ask me, it is kind of messed up to have a trainer to kick people from public rooms, on a server you have no buisness kicking people from, because other people are using trainers. Talk about irony, then to have the trainer act as a trainer for the game you are playing also. Am I the only person who sees the irony in this. lol. I have a funny feeling that if people keep writing trainers like this, it will ruin link, and possibly get it shut down in the future. Best to let the link moderation staff deal with it. I am sure with nova, there will be a report option, where people can report users for using trainers, then a mod can check it out. As for not being able to kick people from private rooms, that probably happened with the switch from JQE360, to XboxUnity, and I will drop a line to JQE about that.

Nevermind, if I am reading that trainer config window propperly, it is only for the game you are playing, so if you are hosting a game in call of duty, then you can kick people out of the game you are hosting, but not out of the link room. Not a bad idea, might throw that Idea out to maester rowen also, but being game specific, I dont know how feasable it would be to add it to nova. :(

i highy think for LiNK~ users. it should be Mandatory for Kick Menus regardless Public or Private room as long as you are the Host. then there will not be a need to Moderator LiNK~ what so ever. the Hoster can Kick whatever client as see fit. also add LiNK~s own Content Trainers for Modern Warfare 3 prestige shop camos. Black Ops 2 camos reticles. Ghost Stock and DLC camos reticles soldiers uniforms patches backgrounds weapons. Extinction Stock and DLC patches backgrounds. advanced warfare camos soldiers uniforms DLC weapons. there maybe a lot i am missing, lol, i dont know. but for sure the only 2x content trainer coders i know are gone. so i wish to see LiNK~ pick up where thay left off. lol, i am being funny. i wish LiNK~ would stop fucking around. put it on the todo list or whatever. just get er done.   

i highy think for LiNK~ users. it should be Mandatory for Kick Menus regardless Public or Private room as long as you are the Host. then there will not be a need to Moderator LiNK~ what so ever. the Hoster can Kick whatever client as see fit. also add LiNK~s own Content Trainers for Modern Warfare 3 prestige shop camos. Black Ops 2 camos reticles. Ghost Stock and DLC camos reticles soldiers uniforms patches backgrounds weapons. Extinction Stock and DLC patches backgrounds. advanced warfare camos soldiers uniforms DLC weapons. there maybe a lot i am missing, lol, i dont know. but for sure the only 2x content trainer coders i know are gone. so i wish to see LiNK~ pick up where thay left off. lol, i am being funny. i wish LiNK~ would stop fucking around. put it on the todo list or whatever. just get er done.   

As Swizzy stated, this is harder to pull off, as it would require a trainer for every game, and every title update for that game. Who do you know that wants to maintain all of that. If este is interested, then that is one thing, but if not, the aurora devs have there hands full with everything else they are doing. Getting them to write trainers for every link enabled game, and then every TU for those games would be asking alot. Lets just put it this way, there are over 2200+ games, if you include XBLA, 360, and Original Xbox. Now the OG xbox, probably would only require one, as all those games are actually ran through an emulator that never gets updated, so all you would need is a trainer that will kick people for the emulator. The rest, is a whole different story. And then it comes down to games like diablo 3 where if someone joins a game with a trainer that gives you everything, and someone is starting a game from scratch, the moment the person joins, the new player gets everything also, and it gets saved in there profile. :( This is where having a moderation team comes in handy, and a report button. So if a mod is on link, and someone hits report, it will pop up on screen, say what game, what room, and what user, so the mod with a dummy profile can go check it out, and decide if they should be banned for a set amount of time. That being said, if you check the link statistics, the most common game played is black ops 2, so that is where I would spend most of my time if I was a mod for link.

As Swizzy stated, this is harder to pull off, as it would require a trainer for every game, and every title update for that game. Who do you know that wants to maintain all of that. If este is interested, then that is one thing, but if not, the aurora devs have there hands full with everything else they are doing. Getting them to write trainers for every link enabled game, and then every TU for those games would be asking alot. Lets just put it this way, there are over 2200+ games, if you include XBLA, 360, and Original Xbox. Now the OG xbox, probably would only require one, as all those games are actually ran through an emulator that never gets updated, so all you would need is a trainer that will kick people for the emulator. The rest, is a whole different story. And then it comes down to games like diablo 3 where if someone joins a game with a trainer that gives you everything, and someone is starting a game from scratch, the moment the person joins, the new player gets everything also, and it gets saved in there profile. :( This is where having a moderation team comes in handy, and a report button. So if a mod is on link, and someone hits report, it will pop up on screen, say what game, what room, and what user, so the mod with a dummy profile can go check it out, and decide if they should be banned for a set amount of time. That being said, if you check the link statistics, the most common game played is black ops 2, so that is where I would spend most of my time if I was a mod for link.

i know all of this. i was just being a smart ass. i know its a hella of a lot of work. but i still think a Nova LiNK~ content trainer with kick menu would bring more players in. xbl 360 has maybe 3 years left. i think having the content trainer would help in the long run. but i see this way to far out if it ever comes to be if that. thats my 2 cents

I don't want to seem impatient but, is there an idea when Aurora 0.6 might come out? Like, I don't know, late summer, early fall? Also what is the major differences between LiNK and NOVA? Oh one more thing, will we always have to sign into Unity to play online? That'd be pretty dumb and annoying.

Aurora 0.5b just came out 3 days ago, and you already want the next version, then you say you dont want to sound impatient. What a joke. Nova is the replacement for the freestyle plugin, nothing more, nothing less. It means we are going to get new features in the guide, such as adjusting/loading trainers in the guide, finding friends, text chatting with friends, etc, so it will be an upgrade to link also. :) And you will never know when the next version will come out until it does. I am a mod on these forums, and I have to wait just as long as everyone else for the info.

• Like 5

I don't want to seem impatient but, is there an idea when Aurora 0.6 might come out? Like, I don't know, late summer, early fall? Also what is the major differences between LiNK and NOVA? Oh one more thing, will we always have to sign into Unity to play online? That'd be pretty dumb and annoying.

You do have to login to Unity to play online yes, it's not dumb... it's like for Xbox Live, you have to sign in to a profile there aswell don't you? it's the same for every single online service i know of, i don't know of any online service be it free or paid for that doesn't require you to login to an account...

Next version of aurora will be released sometime during the year most likely, any closer then that we cannot say until we've actually released it...

We also want to have some kind of vacation you know, we're not all about working 24/7 (most of Phoenix have daytime jobs aswell as this hobby which both take up ALOT of time)

• Like 1

You do have to login to Unity to play online yes, it's not dumb... it's like for Xbox Live, you have to sign in to a profile there aswell don't you? it's the same for every single online service i know of, i don't know of any online service be it free or paid for that doesn't require you to login to an account...

Next version of aurora will be released sometime during the year most likely, any closer then that we cannot say until we've actually released it...

We also want to have some kind of vacation you know, we're not all about working 24/7 (most of Phoenix have daytime jobs aswell as this hobby which both take up ALOT of time)

i think he means. do we have to login each time booting and rebooting console or maybe type in username and password each time. god i hop not. that be a fucking pain in the ass to type in username and password each time to use LiNK~ 

i think he means. do we have to login each time booting and rebooting console or maybe type in username and password each time. god i hop not. that be a fucking pain in the ass to type in username and password each time to use LiNK~

Nope, it'd work the same as the FSD Plugin (and current link) you login once, then it downloads and grabs your APIKey which it then uses for any and all communication, this is kept until you either delete the database, invalidate the APIKey (using the site to generate a new one) and/or login with a different account

• Like 1

Nope, it'd work the same as the FSD Plugin (and current link) you login once, then it downloads and grabs your APIKey which it then uses for any and all communication, this is kept until you either delete the database, invalidate the APIKey (using the site to generate a new one) and/or login with a different account

thanks

Hello I am new here I wonder now have a date for when leaving to download for freestyle ?? Many great pro earned create contents , sorry for my English because I am using the google translator.

If I understand you correctly, you are asking when this will be released, and the answer like with any other piece of software for the xbox, When the Devs of the software feel it is ready, and have tested it to their liking.

Hello I am new here I wonder now have a date for when leaving to download for freestyle ?? Many great pro earned create contents , sorry for my English because I am using the google translator.

There won't be a download for FSD/Freestyle/F3, the release for Aurora will be when it's finished, this is a teaser, very early information as to what's coming...

Uh well let me rephrase my question about sign-in...(and I apologize for the odd question as I was in a rush, sorry.) Anyway, by "will we always have to sign into Unity to play online?" I meant do we have to sign in every time we turn on the Xbox? Or do we just do it the same way we're doing it now? (Put in our Unity username and password under the Settings tab. And we're always signed in.) And I do apologize for asking the 0.6 release date will be. It's just I'm SO EXCITED for it to come out! Can't wait for Messages and Friend Search!

(EDIT #1) OK nevermind, apparently my sign-in question was already answered, I feel pretty dumb now! :laughing: It's good to know we won't have to have to sign-in repeatedly.

(EDIT #2) I just had an idea! Is there any way to give the Xbox Guide an "Aurora like look?" and maybe replace the default popup bar with the Aurora popup bar? (Achievements, Notifications, etc.) Just curious...

(EDIT #2) I just had an idea! Is there any way to give the Xbox Guide an "Aurora like look?" and maybe replace the default popup bar with the Aurora popup bar? (Achievements, Notifications, etc.) Just curious...

No, that's not possible, the skin isn't replaceable for the main UI :(

AW MAN! But that would look pretty cool though right?

Yes, would be pretty cool to be able to get the Aurora look and feel for everything :)

Well if we can't change the look, is there any way we can get notifications from getting new messages at least? (from friends) While in and out of a game would be nice too

Well if we can't change the look, is there any way we can get notifications from getting new messages at least? (from friends) While in and out of a game would be nice too

Notifications are possible yes

• Like 1