RealModScene
MaesterRowen

NOVA - The Future of LiNK

And you can look for the loaded xex. I guess you can analyze the file if it is actually a trainer or the original xex file. Therefore it does not have to be an aurora trainer identification only.

How can that be done really? trainers work in memory, and they are generally loaded before the game and modify the game memory...

There won't be anything for out-of-aurora trainers implemented as it's alot of work for nothing, besides, if we add that, the trainer devs will just find a way to change nova's memory to disable the check or something...

Basically, whatever we do to counter Trainers will only last a few weeks or so after having taken months to get working accurately, having a block for Aurora based Trainers is different as the devs that work on these aren't the kind that go against us ;)

• Like 2

If you are unable to create a private room, you should report the issue here on the forums so we can look into it, we cannot fix issues we do not know about

But, to answer your question; if you have a private room and you enable cheats, trainers will obviously be allowed, i'm not sure if we're going to implement any limitations for trainers in private rooms, but... maybe we do that aswell to keep LiNK users "safe" (meaning, those that are just looking to have fun without cheating shouldn't be forced to play with ppl that can't play the game without cheats)

The problem is, we cannot block every trainer out there, what we can do is disallow Aurora trainers in public rooms and/or in private rooms that have cheats disabled and/or show others who have a trainer loaded

I haven't tested it in a while, but i was on a lower TU then that was avail.. and by all means.. do what you guys want.. sometimes i like to play with family and cheat.. other times nah.. just was asking if under certain conditions would public rooms with cheats was allowed, EX Zombies maps ONLY?.. either way i'll abide by the rules.. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

• Like 2

That'll probably be about the only thing we'll do and show others who is actually using a trainer, the Aurora trainer guys won't attempt to bypass this stuff, but, others would if we put up any kind of protection schemes to stop ppl from using trainers in public (other then moderators/admins kicking the users whom use trainers in public rooms when it occurs)

Unfortunatly, I havent really ever seen a moderator on link. The closest thing to moderation I have seen on link, is someone coming here and reporting people. Who knows what the future holds with nova though. ;)

OMG are you serious? The messages are coming?! F*** YEAH!!! I've been waiting a long time for this :thumbup:

I just hope that you'll be able to send a message to someone rather than like a "Message Post Board" for everyone to see that one message. Also, searching for specific people would also be nice! If there is some kind of beta or something, I would really love to participate!!! Thanks for all the hard work you guys put into this.

If there is some kind of beta or something, I would really love to participate!!!

You do realize that they have been releasing beta versions of aurora to the public this whole time. lol. Also wouldnt count on it. Usually, if the team is looking for beta testers, they ask you if you are interested, not the other way around, and if they wanted to do an open beta test, there would be a thread about it asking people to sign up.

When we will can download it???  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

It'll be included in a Aurora update when it's ready for the public, right now, it's a work in progress, this is just a teaser as to what you can expect in the future :)

• Like 1

[english]
I have a question: on access to System Link using Xbox Classic games.
Before the site change (http://link.jqe360.com/ to http://xboxunity.net/), it was possible to access the System Link using a trick (opening a Xbox360 game, connecting to Link and exchanging game without back in the dash). Now you can no longer play in the Link with Xbox Classic games using the Xbox360.
My question is: there will be some access to the Xbox classic games in the Nova?

[brazilian portuguese]
Eu tenho uma questão: sobre o acesso à System Link usando jogos do Xbox Clássico.
Antes do site mudar (http://link.jqe360.com/ para http://xboxunity.net/), era possível acessar a System Link usando um truque (abrindo um jogo de Xbox360, conectando na Link e trocando de jogo sem voltar na dash). Agora não é mais possível jogar na Link com os jogos de Xbox Clássico usando o Xbox360.
Minha pergunta é: vai haver algum acesso para os jogos do Xbox Clássico no Nova?

[español latino]
Tengo una pregunta: en el acceso al Sistema de Enlace usando juegos de Xbox Classic. Antes del cambio sitio (http://link.jqe360.com/ a http://xboxunity.net/), fue posible acceder al Sistema de Enlace usando un truco (la apertura de un juego de Xbox 360, que conecta a Link y el intercambio de juego sin de nuevo en la dash). Ahora ya no se puede jugar en el enlace con juegos de Xbox Classic usando la Xbox360.
Mi pregunta es: ¿habrá algún tipo de acceso a los juegos de Xbox Classic en el Nova?

I have a question: on access to System Link using Xbox Classic games.

Before the site change (http://link.jqe360.com/ to http://xboxunity.net/), it was possible to access the System Link using a trick (opening a Xbox360 game, connecting to Link and exchanging game without back in the dash). Now you can no longer play in the Link with Xbox Classic games using the Xbox360.

My question is: there will be some access to the Xbox classic games in the Nova?

First off, english forum.... means dont ask a question in multiple languages.

On to the question. I believe if you go to unity, and join the xbox classic room on the site, then launch your game, you can still use xbox classic games on link. Maybe they will find a way to keep the guide available when playing xbox classic games, but I think the xbox emulator disables it by default, though it doesnt unload it completely if link still works, which means that there would have to be a modification to the hacked emulator to keep the default guide running, instead of disabling it by default. I will bring up the idea to MaesterRowen later, but I doubt the phoenix team would really want to do this, as it would involve hacking it with a hex editor. If they do though, it would be nice if they added an option to the plugin to be able to change emulation profiles on the fly to nova so you dont have to hex edit some xbe files to get certain games to work, and then having the option to save the settings in a db, that nova will load on game launch.

• Like 2

on the subject of ppl playing with mods on public rooms, i would suggest something like a voting the guy out of the room, half his team half the other would be enough, of course theres still the problem of ppl changing teams to vote  :whip:  :beer:

• Like 1

on the subject of ppl playing with mods on public rooms, i would suggest something like a voting the guy out of the room, half his team half the other would be enough, of course theres still the problem of ppl changing teams to vote  :whip:  :beer:

LiNK don't have anything like "teams", you have rooms which supports up to 32 users (if memory serves me right) sure, we could make it so that other users can vote for a kick and at some rate they get kicked, but... the damage is already done if the user has used the trainer for games such as Diablo III where you don't have everyone playing with the others, you have a smaller group in each room

• Like 2

As would the guide button with the logged?

What do you mean?

[PT-BR][HUEBR]

Quando sai pra Download?

Vai ter pra F3?

Obrigado :)

English. All threads except for matchmaking/localization are english on this site.

To answer the question, it wont work with F3, as this is the aurora equivilant of the freestyle plugin, it will require Aurora.

First off, english forum.... means dont ask a question in multiple languages.

On to the question. I believe if you go to unity, and join the xbox classic room on the site, then launch your game, you can still use xbox classic games on link. Maybe they will find a way to keep the guide available when playing xbox classic games, but I think the xbox emulator disables it by default, though it doesnt unload it completely if link still works, which means that there would have to be a modification to the hacked emulator to keep the default guide running, instead of disabling it by default. I will bring up the idea to MaesterRowen later, but I doubt the phoenix team would really want to do this, as it would involve hacking it with a hex editor. If they do though, it would be nice if they added an option to the plugin to be able to change emulation profiles on the fly to nova so you dont have to hex edit some xbe files to get certain games to work, and then having the option to save the settings in a db, that nova will load on game launch.

Ok, thanks. I really like all the work that everbody have in the creation and upgrades on Aurora. Good job and thanks for answer the question (sorry for multilanguage)

I've noticed that, but i have been on LiNK and couldnt create a private room.. such as with diablo.. dont wanna piss anyone off.. but as long as we tick the option for Cheats allowed.. will it be a problem?

And i +1 for IP bans.. lol.. as that will kill anyone thinking of breaking rules..

With the few people who actually do LiNK multiplayer, IP bans would kill LiNK I think. I like the tag strategy a LOT better because whoever is using the trainer will get the hint when they're constantly kicked from the channel.

• Like 1

Ok, thanks. I really like all the work that everbody have in the creation and upgrades on Aurora. Good job and thanks for answer the question (sorry for multilanguage)

Also, maesterrowen hit me back this morning, and was saying that if you hex edit the header of your xbe files, you can keep the guide running. Didnt go into detail on how to do this, but if it is possible, then who knows what that means for link on old games like halo2. It could also mean being able to use trainers on old xbox games. who knows. :)

I didnt even know that someone made a trainer that allowed people to kick people from public rooms, hopefully with nova, they will build more of a moderation staff. As for private rooms, if it is your room, you should be able to kick whoever you want.

• Like 2

I didnt even know that someone made a trainer that allowed people to kick people from public rooms, hopefully with nova, they will build more of a moderation staff. As for private rooms, if it is your room, you should be able to kick whoever you want

ESTE is the only one i know that makes kick menu trainers. its payed content trainer plus kick menu. public room are super bad for nonhost cheats. private room kicking stopped working a long time ago. also i do not know why the kick menu was turned off in the 1st place.

ESTE is the only one i know that makes kick menu trainers. its payed content trainer plus kick menu. public room are super bad for nonhost cheats. private room kicking stopped working a long time ago. also i do not know why the kick menu was turned off in the 1st place.

You ask me, it is kind of messed up to have a trainer to kick people from public rooms, on a server you have no buisness kicking people from, because other people are using trainers. Talk about irony, then to have the trainer act as a trainer for the game you are playing also. Am I the only person who sees the irony in this. lol. I have a funny feeling that if people keep writing trainers like this, it will ruin link, and possibly get it shut down in the future. Best to let the link moderation staff deal with it. I am sure with nova, there will be a report option, where people can report users for using trainers, then a mod can check it out. As for not being able to kick people from private rooms, that probably happened with the switch from JQE360, to XboxUnity, and I will drop a line to JQE about that.

Nevermind, if I am reading that trainer config window propperly, it is only for the game you are playing, so if you are hosting a game in call of duty, then you can kick people out of the game you are hosting, but not out of the link room. Not a bad idea, might throw that Idea out to maester rowen also, but being game specific, I dont know how feasable it would be to add it to nova. :(

• Like 2