RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
fulltimehustler

Burning homebrew to dvd?

is it possible to put emulators or other homebrew onto dvds. anything i should know about when doing this?

ive already done it with a classic xbox emulator, made sure xbe was at the root of iso when i made it, then burned iso to dvd, didnt try cd-r yet. works.

There is an ISO of XexMenu somewhere. You should watch for it's content and do the same for the Homebrew Apps what you need.

But i actually don't know the purpose of this. I prefer to have a larger Hard Drive and a Content Manager like Aurora.

1 hour ago, saywaking said:

There is an ISO of XexMenu somewhere. You should watch for it's content and do the same for the Homebrew Apps what you need.

But i actually don't know the purpose of this. I prefer to have a larger Hard Drive and a Content Manager like Aurora.

very true. i have like 15 games that are in a blue storage tote cuz who needs or wants games with hard drives, flash drives and ext hds, plus streaming. but in the end the main reason was because i have dvds laying around, and needed a disc to stay in 360 so it will open when standing upright (grrrr). probably better off with a mix dvd of cartoons lol. anyways i am runnin low on space though 1tb ext 120 internal so until i get a new ext upgrade it works.

another reason was because one of my old xboxs was lte3 or something and i could play online and burned games but not from hd. so if i still had that type of xbox i could run the emus from disc.

On 6/24/2017 at 4:30 PM, fulltimehustler said:

very true. i have like 15 games that are in a blue storage tote cuz who needs or wants games with hard drives, flash drives and ext hds, plus streaming. but in the end the main reason was because i have dvds laying around, and needed a disc to stay in 360 so it will open when standing upright (grrrr). probably better off with a mix dvd of cartoons lol. anyways i am runnin low on space though 1tb ext 120 internal so until i get a new ext upgrade it works.

another reason was because one of my old xboxs was lte3 or something and i could play online and burned games but not from hd. so if i still had that type of xbox i could run the emus from disc.

Can you burn homebrew to a disc? Yes, you can burn extracted games as well.. in a DataDvD.. only for rghs

Can you burn a disc to play on a retail, flashed or not? Short answer, hell no.

All homebrew is unsigned xex's.. retail units need signed xex's to work.. 

Lt3 works by spoofing specific data.. not  by running unsigned code..

these are the basic differences between retail and modded.. fml

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, felida said:

Can you burn homebrew to a disc? Yes, you can burn extracted games as well.. in a DataDvD.. only for rghs

Lt3 works by spoofing specific data.. not  by running unsigned code..

good to know, esp the part about datadvds, so if i wanted to burn some games (360 or classic or even anything i guess) i can just put on a data disk, yeah makes sense just an old school flash drive right. hell of alot cheaper than dual layer, but rarley does a 360 game fit on 4.7gb lols...

You should also be able to use a Data CD... only real requirements are: that all data fits, that the homebrew in question supports it (doesn't need to write to game:\) and that the main executable is named "default.xex" and is located in the root of the disc...