RealModScene

Hi there,

this simple Script is checks your Network and determines Download and Upload Speed of your Device.

Script:

Icon:  Icon.png.ac717478845c22c387f3f97390016144.png

Name: Network Speed Check

Description: "Check your Network Speed"

1_Script.thumb.png.948cf8a4fa7c2b4d9a211d8ac7656de5.png

What it does:

- Determines Download and Upload Speed

3_Results.thumb.png.bb7bff4c1ead60d17e3db32d548132a6.png

- Downloads/Uploads a File and determines Size and Time.

- Uses external Speed Checking Service, which provides all the needed stuff.

What are the benefits?:

- Determine your Download and Upload Speed directly on your Xbox 360.

-- Better Support through Community. ("Oh look, your Xbox is the bottleneck")

- Decide wheter you have enough Down-/Upstream to host a server.

What to be aware of?:

- The results are not always 100% correct. You may have to run this Script multiple times.

-- You should compare with services on your PC. The difference can take up to 20%, which is ok. This is normal for a device from 2005.

- The results may vary if your location is too far away from the service provider.

- The Script can take some time, because it has to download a large file multiple Times. (no Timeout function yet)

-- But you should set the amount of down/upload times in the options Menu

2_Info.thumb.png.f833544c67263d87ba30698216406b68.png

- If any of these Test crashes, disable them to prevent crash. Then do a report with log-file.

2.5_Options.thumb.png.4c0247512952e709d86fbcbb36f6afd8.png

Is it final?:

It's tested and usable, but the Initial Version.

Anyone who wants to contribute, can report Bugs, Suggest Features/Fixes or extend by using GitHub or this Thread.

Where is the download?:

You can download it directly to your console via Aurora Repo Browser.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, saywaking said:

Where is the download?:

Once it's available, you can download it directly to your console via Aurora Repo Browser.

Our script that automatically builds the repo was lost when the server got reinstalled last time. These will NOT show up in the repo browser automatically anymore (i have to manually add them, which takes time). Just so you know why it can take a while for them to show...

9 minutes ago, Mattie said:

Our script that automatically builds the repo was lost when the server got reinstalled last time. These will NOT show up in the repo browser automatically anymore (i have to manually add them, which takes time). Just so you know why it can take a while for them to show...

Thank you for the info. I thought it was "nightly" builts or something like that. I didn't know the reason was something else. I hope it's not much work to you, although it looks like you have to do 3-4 things:

- put it in Aurora Pre-Release?

- Merge

- Create Package

- Update some .ini Files on Serverside.

It would be better, if there is a working script again.

21 minutes ago, saywaking said:

Thank you for the info. I thought it was "nightly" builts or something like that. I didn't know the reason was something else. I hope it's not much work to you, although it looks like you have to do 3-4 things:

- put it in Aurora Pre-Release?

- Merge

- Create Package

- Update some .ini Files on Serverside.

It would be better, if there is a working script again.

just the last 3 steps, and yeah script would be nice again, but the one who made it is really busy atm.

there arent that many people making scripts, unless you are making like 50 now :P

Yay, awsome....Been thinking about requesting or try making a script like this one myself for some time now but seems i dont have to now :thumbsu:  Only one small problem....it doesnt show in my repo browser so havent tried it yet. Has it not been manually added yet or can it be a bug in my Aurora/repo browser?