RealModScene

Hi there,

this simple Script is providing a service of Xboxunity straight onto your console.

Script:

Icon: Icon.png.82bdfd4afa3917250fbc43982f731dea.png

Name: Unity Friends

Description: "See Unity Friends who are active" (Currently, TBD)

1_Script.thumb.png.96c020f8e1465c588bc5e09d02c6d808.png

What is planned:

- List all Friends who are Online

- Use Services from Unity

-- Block, Add, Mail?

- TBA

Why did i create this?:

I wanted to see, if my friends are Online and playing a Game. So i can Join and surprise.

What are the benefits?:

- See who of your friends are online.

Is it final?:

Currently, it's more a concept. (See below)

Anyone who wants to contribute, can report Bugs, Suggest Features/Fixes or extend by using GitHub or this Thread.

What prevents its release?:

- The Scripts can only do GET-Requests.

- Xboxunity does have a Login and works with the API Key and a PHP-Session. We can't use a PHP-Session or a Cookie yet. I don't know if it will ever happen.

- We can't retrieve the needed Information or Services with the API Key and the current "API"

- It would be nice, if we could "get" the API Key from Aurora, if available. Otherwise, we would need a Login (at least, once)

-- When using API Key, i need to consider security also.

Where is the download?:

Depends on finding solution to the Limitations. But once it's available, you can download it directly to your console via Aurora Repo Browser.

• Thanks 1

You can get the API key by using the Sql library.  I'll look into making a dedicated function for it some point in the future.  Also, you should be able to do POST-requests with the Http library.    PHP sessions and cookies probably wont happen though, so our best bet is to extend the xbox unity API but currently a lot of work.

That's nice to know. Thanks. It's better to extend the Xbox Unity API to do most of the stuff with the API Key, but that's also security topic. I have to wait for the API extension anyway, so i can wait for the dedicated API Key retrieval feature also.

As for HTTP Requests, i have some other suggestions also, but the might not be possible to achieve with simple LUA. However, it would be nice to extend this also with more Attributes we know from JavaScript for example. I don't know which would be helpful yet, maybe none. 

Also an ability to abort the Requests. That would need Threading i guess, but im not sure if this will ever be possible with what we have or LUA provides us.

A custom online Database for Custom Services directly on Xboxunity would also be really interesting for Script authors. So we may be able to build a simple Mailing function for example and we don't have to rely on own services. The Skin Downloader would live as long as Unity will. We could build match making and invitation systems also. But some would require scripts running in background.

this may be deprecated when nova is released, so i started creating this script. But there are technical limitations, with no progress at all from my side. İf i can make those needed requests, there would be a version of this. 

If all you need to do is pull the API key from the DB, and post it to xbox unity, you can already do that. Now, I am not so sure you will be able to decypher the data with the current scripting API, as I havnt tried it. I do know the top 10 script has code on the server side, that is called. So maybe at this point it isnt possible. As for nova, this wouldnt be included until LinkV2 testing, which from what I can tell will still be a while, as this feature wont be included in the first releases of Nova. There is some other really cool stuff going on there, that is a surprise, that I am not allowed to tell you about..... Should be cool in the sense that I will probably end up releasing a new tool for the scene after it is released, as someone will need to recode part of it to run on *nix based systems also and also be cross platform. ;)  I know what you are thinking, what could possibly be for the xbox, that would need *nix code...... lol. You will just have to wait and see.

5 hours ago, gavin_darkglider said:

If all you need to do is pull the API key from the DB, and post it to xbox unity, you can already do that. Now, I am not so sure you will be able to decypher the data with the current scripting API, as I havnt tried it. I do know the top 10 script has code on the server side, that is called. So maybe at this point it isnt possible. As for nova, this wouldnt be included until LinkV2 testing, which from what I can tell will still be a while, as this feature wont be included in the first releases of Nova. There is some other really cool stuff going on there, that is a surprise, that I am not allowed to tell you about..... Should be cool in the sense that I will probably end up releasing a new tool for the scene after it is released, as someone will need to recode part of it to run on *nix based systems also and also be cross platform. ;)  I know what you are thinking, what could possibly be for the xbox, that would need *nix code...... lol. You will just have to wait and see.

Can't wait my man!