RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
saywaking

[Script][WIP] Unity News

Hi there,

this simple Script is providing a service of Xboxunity straight onto your console.

Script:

Icon: Icon.png.a172ed2dafb597d14c23a4ef6bdec164.png

Name: Unity News

Description: "Get the latest News and Updates about Phoenix, Unity and Aurora"

1_Script.thumb.png.07cc9c0d414a27d68c5908d0d7533bfb.png

What it does:

- Gets all the News from http://phoenix.xboxunity.net

-- Downloads JSON ("Offline" purpose)

2_Loading.thumb.png.d66d024e6dd40a4a930b5251835eba4e.png

- Processes the News File

-- Downloads all referenced Images ("Offline" purpose)

-- Modifies the Body to HTML, with Style Attributes

- Generates a List of all available News

3_NewsList.thumb.png.3cf9a36df74ea8373876c82f542d08aa.png

- Displays News, just like you are on a Website with additional Information

4_NewsView.thumb.png.216f943002dd8eab0444e3a6cec20914.png

Why did i create this?:

Everytime i recognize an Update of Aurora, im excited to find out whats new. And that information is provided somewhere, but not on your console yet.

Now you can see a changelog straight on your Console.

Also, any other News from the Scene, especially provided from Team Phoenix will be available directly on your console.

What are the benefits?:

- Get all News directly on your console.

- Get to read the changelog directly on your console.

- Get more connected to the scene by getting more and better information.

Is it final?:

It's a POC version, but not usable yet. It is not perfect, it has to be optimized and there were some limitations. (see below)

Anyone who wants to contribute, can report Bugs, Suggest Features/Fixes or extend by using GitHub or this Thread.

What prevents its release?:

1.) No HTML-Support in the GizmoScenes

2.) Limitations of GizmoScenes.

3.) I would like to several GizmoScenes/Menus, all customizable in their sizes. -> Using "Fullscreen" is the goal, because it will be better to Read and fit the Images.

Where is the download?:

Depends on finding solution to the Limitations. But once it's available, you can download it directly to your console via Aurora Repo Browser.

I feel like the next version of Aurora has larger gizmoscenes.. 

But there really isn't a limitation to them.. it is all what you can code in, and knowing how to achieve it.. but.. HTML coding isn't supported as that is a diff coding altogether.. you can make it bold or italicized by manipulating the field in the skin.. they do have different options to do this.. as well as define a different font, to use multiple fonts as well...

19 minutes ago, felida said:

I feel like the next version of Aurora has larger gizmoscenes.. 

But there really isn't a limitation to them.. it is all what you can code in, and knowing how to achieve it.. but.. HTML coding isn't supported as that is a diff coding altogether.. you can make it bold or italicized by manipulating the field in the skin.. they do have different options to do this.. as well as define a different font, to use multiple fonts as well...

If we have the freedom, to define a size, or choose a Scene from a range of common sizes, that would help a lot.

As far as i know, HTML Elements, Controls etc. are usable XUI:Element's. (Read the SDK Docs) The Gizmo Scene does not support that yet, that is correct.

Why HTML? It's the simpliest way to display in a "native" way provided from the source. Otherwise, i would need to create dynamically XUI:Elements, which is also not possible in the current GizmoScenes. It's all static if you noticed. Therefore i preserve a simple "Text"-Area (Hopefully a HTML-Area in future) (as the Scene has Static Elements), fill the area with my HTML-Content and the Script is ready to go.

11 minutes ago, saywaking said:

If we have the freedom, to define a size, or choose a Scene from a range of common sizes, that would help a lot.

As far as i know, HTML Elements, Controls etc. are usable XUI:Element's. (Read the SDK Docs) The Gizmo Scene does not support that yet, that is correct.

Why HTML? It's the simpliest way to display in a "native" way provided from the source. Otherwise, i would need to create dynamically XUI:Elements, which is also not possible in the current GizmoScenes. It's all static if you noticed. Therefore i preserve a simple "Text"-Area (Hopefully a HTML-Area in future) (as the Scene has Static Elements), fill the area with my HTML-Content and the Script is ready to go.

Well.. a converter would need to be implemented, convert HTML to PPC, I think..

And fyi, the Gizmo scene does support all elements.. just if that scene is programed within Aurora code to allow that stuff to be manipulated.. which is basically what you are asking.. is for Aurora to be coded with different stuff.. as the end user can not modify what Aurora is coded for.. but yeah I understand

22 minutes ago, saywaking said:

No and No. :)

Let's just look, what this is going to be. The Admins can decide.

Lol.. no and no? I didn't say it isn't possible.. and I do know a lot about the programming to UI alot..

I can tell you tho.. Gizmo scene has been improved to have an XL scene.. just saying.. 

But yeah.. I'll let you do you.. 

6 hours ago, felida said:

Well.. a converter would need to be implemented, convert HTML to PPC, I think..

And fyi, the Gizmo scene does support all elements.. just if that scene is programed within Aurora code to allow that stuff to be manipulated.. which is basically what you are asking.. is for Aurora to be coded with different stuff.. as the end user can not modify what Aurora is coded for.. but yeah I understand

It would need to render the HTML, no conversion is required... if anything it'd be conversion from HTML to XUI...