RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
felida

Location For Trainers!!!

Ok, to start this section off correctly.. here is where to install the trainers!!!

Aurora 0.5b and below:

"Aurora/Trainers"

Aurora 0.6b+:

"Aurora/User/Trainers"

• Like 2

Running 0.6b, have State of decay trainer in a 584111E8 folder and it is not showing when selecting Trainers from game details menu, doesn't show up when I press refresh either

4 hours ago, gangrel_1313 said:

Running 0.6b, have State of decay trainer in a 584111E8 folder and it is not showing when selecting Trainers from game details menu, doesn't show up when I press refresh either

3 hours ago, Al1ens said:

That's because it's probably not an Aurora trainer.

Or wrong media id.. as they are based off media id as well, not just title id.. if it was a TU mismatch, the trainer would show but be grey and not launchable

That's true enough, Felida, but as you know from my request a while back, there is no Aurora compatible trainer for SOD on any media id.... Yet :bow::devil:

There are two types of trainers. One made to be integrated into Aurora's game menu screen, the other, as they were before Aurora.

I understand both will run, but how they are launched, and where they are installed, are different.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gangrel_1313 said:

It was a TeamXPG trainer, I thought trainers worked anyway, they have to be specifically made for Aurora to work in Aurora?

In aurora's menu, yes.. ill respond in detail after i respond to al1ens further down

3 hours ago, Al1ens said:

There are two types of trainers. One made to be integrated into Aurora's game menu screen, the other, as they were before Aurora.

I understand both will run, but how they are launched, and where they are installed, are different.

The 2 types are a drastic dummy down of the types..

Basically, aurora has a launcher built in for the trainers, and only aurora trainers can be launched within aurora menu, cheats enabled, ect..

Now as for the prior types.. they have launcher.xex and a trainer.xex,

Old versions required the launcher/trainer .xex's be placed within the extracted games folder, along side the default.xex of the game..

Newer ones will launch default dash set in dashlaunch, if the default.xex isnt found, then you launch the game that way.

Now the old versions of trainers also stayed in memory, aurora stops aurora trainers once the game has exited, allowing foe another trainer to be loaded.

The old way required you to hard reset your system before you could launch another trainer.

Older trainers also lacked functionality for some stuff.. and then you had the split versions that allowed you to do more complex stuff, like breakpoints and floats, ect. 

Para coded the xyzengine to be able to do all older codes, while adding in some very new stuff.. but all in all, aurora trainers are just better all around imo, as I've used most engines, and whatnot..

• Like 1

20 hours ago, gangrel_1313 said:

Thanks for the explanation guys

Np.. you can launch teamxpg trainer from within aurora file manager.. just not the same as you launch an aurora trainer mate

• Like 1

On 10/30/2017 at 10:08 AM, gangrel_1313 said:

Thanks for the explanation guys

All good, mate. Like I wrote, the two types of trainers work on Aurora, they just get launched differently.