RealModScene
Bazzz66

Router settings D-LINK DIR-655

Hi Guys,

I have a problem, I could not get LINK to work on my XBOX (unable to connect), all settings are correct. Tests pass etc.

As a last resort I tried to connect my xbox direct to my modem, and…….

WORKS LIKE A CHARM

(but no internet inhouse anymore when I play on LINK)

So the problem is in my router.

It tried several ports, placed the xbox’s IP in the DMZ.

No luck at all.

Had some advice to “bridge†the router or modem but my ISP can’t do anything about my modem and the router does not support “bridgingâ€

Is there anyone with the same router as me who has LINK working through their DIR-655????

Router specs:

- D-Link DIR-655

- Model A3

TNX in advance

if you've set your routers DMZ to the ip of the xbox everything should be ok.

Can u try a different router, even a cheap temp one to compare it too and see if it works?

I have the same router with fw 1.34 and I had to forward the ports to the Xbox IP. The problem was that the Xbox can change IP addresses so you will have to go into settings(setup>network settings) and add your 360's MAC and what IP you want to designate as static to the "add DHCP reservation" list. Once you have properly forwarded the ports, both UDP and TCP, it should pass the tests.

• Like 1

I have the same router with fw 1.34 and I had to forward the ports to the Xbox IP. The problem was that the Xbox can change IP addresses so you will have to go into settings(setup>network settings) and add your 360's MAC and what IP you want to designate as static to the "add DHCP reservation" list. Once you have properly forwarded the ports, both UDP and TCP, it should pass the tests.

Good post.

Thats what I have on my router too, completely forgot to mention that LOL