RealModScene
MaesterRowen

Aurora 0.7b - Feature Preview

Aurora 7 was announced last year not 2 years ago.

Last point i'll make there are who knows how many people on the planet who still game on the ps1,ps2 & original xbox & more comming back all the time *coughs*  theisozone.

Retro is in baby !

• Like 1

Hi when can we download aurora 0.7? It's been a long time since this release and did not download ?????:hocky:

9 hours ago, zonemo001 said:

Hi when can we download aurora 0.7? It's been a long time since this release and did not download ?????:hocky:

????? It might have been a while since this thread was started, but this isnt a release thread, but a teaser thread. Once the team is ready to release, which is planned for sometime this month, you will know, as Aurora will ask you if you want to update. 

9 hours ago, zonemo001 said:

I personally waited for this release from a long time

You and everyone else in this thread. Dont feel special, we arent with holding it just from you. It isnt quite ready yet. You will know when it is, because you will be able to download it. If people want to keep complaining about waiting, then we dont have to release it at all. For what it is worth, if you dont like waiting, do something for the scene, like write your own custom dashboard, and maybe you will be found useful enough to be a tester, or developer for aurora, in which case, you can get all of the test builds with the rest of the testers. Dont ask to be a tester though, or you will never be considered to test.  

• Like 2

Boa noite meus amigos da cena RGH, tenho orgulho dessas pessoas que não abandonaram o projeto AURORA, pois todos tem compromissos no dia-a-dia, mesmo que o console já tenha saido de linha, ele é o meu preferido, e saber que ainda tem pessoas trabalhando para deixar ele cada vez melhor fico muito feliz, não importa quanto tempo demore, mas sabemos que vai sair! Fica aqui o meu agradecimento a todos os envolvidos no projeto! 

Version English

Good evening my friends from the RGH scene, I am proud of those people who have not abandoned the AURORA project, because everyone has commitments in the day to day, even if the console has already gone out of line, he is my favorite, and know that still there are people working to make it better, I'm very happy, no matter how long it takes, but we know it will come out! Here is my thanks to all those involved in the project!:bow::bow::bow:

• Thanks 1

On 4/14/2018 at 5:34 AM, xboxrgh said:
I believe that finishing a project for a console that is already obsolete long ago would be a waste of time because as I speak it is already with many negative points many people no longer have the console or already sold my person as a programmer I would already have completed the project a long time ago indifferent to having family children work only a jerk even if it was good to wait for good will already two and a half years for a project that would only last six months to be completed you are already testing bugs for years and maybe it never goes out paper will wait to leave the ps7 successor of xbox one x to launch missing some adjustments now tolulu will pass another two years or three maybe so already had to have released this to the public a while ago

The Xbox 360 is far from dead. There are still tons of people who still have RGH/JTAG boxes, and dont have the next gen systems. The fact you think you would have finished the project along time ago is laughable at best. For those who have never programmed before, let alone programmed for a big endian processor like the PPC64 in the 360, keep your mouth shut, because you have no idea what goes into a project like this. Parts of it work with the API in the Xbox360 XDK, other parts have to be written in assembly, such as taking over the HUD with the plugin, because microsoft never intended for people to do this. So when you learn to program in Visual C++, Assembly with  a PPC Processor, and work around the stripped down version of DirectX 9.0c that the xbox 360 depends on, then you can tell every one what a badass programmer you are, and how fast you feel it should take to finish a project as intense as Aurora. Truth is, it takes time to work out the bugs, and sometimes, fixing a small problem in one spot could change something else completly, and cause new bugs. On top of that, other then most of the new features, we are also pushing out the first version of nova with this build, which fixes alot of the bugs in the FSPlugin, and we are still trying to work out a few small bugs there, so we can get the rest of the new stuff like NetIso, and LinkV2 complete. The first version of the new webui also comes with that. You have no idea how much has gone into this build alone. On my computer alone, I have 15 different versions of 0.7b. If you want it so bad, I will PM you the copy that  crashes the moment you hit a button.  Then you can say you have 0.7b, but will still be stuck in the same boat as everyone else running 0.6b, because you cant use 0.7b. Lets just put it this way, you seem to think we arent working on it, but 0.6b was released at r1238, and the current test build is r1554. That means that between 0.6b and 0.7b currently there have been 316 versions of 0.7b, and it still isnt ready for the public quite yet. That being said, this comes to the either put up or shut up, and stop complaining, because you really have no idea what you are talking about.

• Like 3

Sorry guys, but after one year of following this thread I am out!! For me it looks like an never ending april fool... :-)

3 minutes ago, BoxBob said:

Sorry guys, but after one year of following this thread I am out!! For me it looks like an never ending april fool... :-)

That is what everyone was saying when 0.6b took a year and a half to be released, after the previous build were every couple of months. Giving up now, is like quitting the game when you are in the room next to the final boss, because the credits will come after that..... It is coming, I am sorry you are impatient. It isnt like 0.6b is that bad...... Maybe if this is how the community feels, we shouldnt release it at all when it is done.

52 minutes ago, gavin_darkglider said:

That is what everyone was saying when 0.6b took a year and a half to be released, after the previous build were every couple of months. Giving up now, is like quitting the game when you are in the room next to the final boss, because the credits will come after that..... It is coming, I am sorry you are impatient. It isnt like 0.6b is that bad...... Maybe if this is how the community feels, we shouldnt release it at all when it is done.

Some guys’ point of view isn’t everyone’s

I’m happy to wait for the release and i know I will enjoy 0.7b a long time and same goes for 0.8 when Netbios is ready :0

7 minutes ago, yongbi said:

Some guys’ point of view isn’t everyone’s

I’m happy to wait for the release and i know I will enjoy 0.7b a long time and same goes for 0.8 when Netbios is ready :0

I think you mean NetIso not netbios(Microsoft networking protocol, similar to DNS)

I for one can't wait till the finished dash to be available to download and run on console. The fact that it takes time to iron out bugs and implement them is a reality of progress.

I'm new to the RGH scene and really appreciate all you guys work, time and commitment to the project. 06b is awesome and the preview of 07b shows me it will be even more so.

Who wants to run a buggy dash that cause headaches for the user, not me anyway. Having a stable product is more important. 06b does us fine, so I'm really saying thanx for all

the dedication going into 07b and look forward to the release.    

On 2018-04-14 at 5:18 AM, felida said:

I dont see you writing any programs??.. your stuff will be released when the ps7 comes out huh? Point being, dont be a flipping douche, for no appearant reason

The time frame shouldnt matter, i for one DO know .7 has some nifty features.. alot of visuals people have been wanting since aurora's initial release.. granted, it WOULD be nice if there were more than 1 coder, but we have to take what we can get, since no one else is stepping up to do anything.. BUT at the same time, be happy there isnt multiple forks and such, like with open source stuff, so we dont have tons of flodded questions about someone else's work, such as people asking here to make trainers, when the guides are posted.

I think you're missing the positive effects of open sourcing something.

I don't belive their would be alot of forks of Aurora if it was open sourced.

Of course people can fork the project, that's the whole idea. Users however will use the fork they like the most, not what's dictated by one developer (for good and bad).

people won't fork just for the fun of it, and users won't switch to another fork if they are happy with what they are using.

A fork has to be better to win users.

As for the notion of nobody stepping up to the plate, are you talking about developing a new dashboard?! what good would that bring?

open sourcing would allow people to see/analyze/learn and get involved and help out with the project.

Starting from scratch is (imho) to big of a step for most developers but I believe alot of developers would be willing to invest their time if they hade something to build on.

It's naturally not up to me or any one else besides the owner of the code, but to to me it sounds as someone who wants to maintain control of the project, and that is of course as good of a reason as any.

I'm just hoping this project won't go the abondonware route with the code and knowledge all lost beacuse of one developer loosing interest over time.

Anyways, looking forward to 0.7b and love the work you put into this, it is much appreciated.

17 hours ago, r34l said:

I think you're missing the positive effects of open sourcing something.

I don't belive their would be alot of forks of Aurora if it was open sourced.

Of course people can fork the project, that's the whole idea. Users however will use the fork they like the most, not what's dictated by one developer (for good and bad).

people won't fork just for the fun of it, and users won't switch to another fork if they are happy with what they are using.

A fork has to be better to win users.

As for the notion of nobody stepping up to the plate, are you talking about developing a new dashboard?! what good would that bring?

open sourcing would allow people to see/analyze/learn and get involved and help out with the project.

Starting from scratch is (imho) to big of a step for most developers but I believe alot of developers would be willing to invest their time if they hade something to build on.

It's naturally not up to me or any one else besides the owner of the code, but to to me it sounds as someone who wants to maintain control of the project, and that is of course as good of a reason as any.

I'm just hoping this project won't go the abondonware route with the code and knowledge all lost beacuse of one developer loosing interest over time.

Anyways, looking forward to 0.7b and love the work you put into this, it is much appreciated.

I speak like Gavin, as a tester.. The team has been doing changes, constantly.. Just because a release hasn't happened yet, doesn't mean it's abandoned.. Trust me, one of the main reasons aurora isn't open source is due to the team nor wanting their code released, as it is their code.. Just like fsd source, a version was released without their coding they didn't want. Have u seen a version of fsd floating around someone else made? No.. So opening the project would seriously be pointless. At the same time, big edian or how ever, is a different coding platform.. Not many people Can code for it, and there are plenty of examples in the xdk to which no one use..

So again, with the information that is already available, no one else is doing anything with it, so back to why open source? If someone proves they can do stuff, then the team will make contact and invite them in.. Buuuut, no one is doing anything sooooo... Lol..

I get what you are saying from a certain aspect, but you have to see things from the other side as well mate.. 

20 minutes ago, xboxrgh said:
the aurora with garvin speaks has few bugs to be corrected but these bugs will take another two or three years to be solved oo the launch for this month is correct because unfortunately this is a total relaxation really the project is almost m its total abandonment by team of developers hangs out with this complete project

I find that hard to believe, as I am testing the first release candidate now. Seems to be pretty smooth, and bug free, because we took our time, and tracked that shit down, and spent a year working it all out.... That being said, once the testing is done, then it get passed off to the localization people, so the language packs can be created. So, depending on how long it takes me to close out the last of these bug reports, and how long it takes the localization team to finish their work, you should see 0.7b before the end of the month, like I said. Then again, if you want to keep being a whining bitch, I will put off closing these bugs until june, and everyone can wait, because you want to talk like you know something. Keep it up, and you wont be posting here anymore. Simple as that, you have been warned.

• Like 1

When we launch is not important, If it is ready to launch is what matters. I have left notes on progress throughout this thread to try and make people happy. If people would just be patient, then there wouldnt be a problem. I have explained why it is taking so long. I have also said, you should see it within the next month. The rest of the stuff wont be appearant until the localization team does their thing, and they have been waiting on us to finish our thing, and we have to wait on the programmers to finish their thing, and then send our notes back, and they have to do their thing again..... it isnt as easy to get the people with the time and know how together at the same time, because we have lives, and live all over the world. 

As for brief launch? The launch will be very brief, when it happens. You will get a notice in aurora, it will take less than 5 minutes to download, then it will update. I dont think it can get any more brief.

Also, no one said you were a slut or a whore...... If you are, congrats, we dont really care. I said you need to be patient, because no one likes someone who acts like a whining bitch(in fewer words). All I see in all of your posts is whining about time tables. I have 2 kids I deal with every day, they are 4 and 6, and this is what I expect from them. If you are old enough to respond to this thread, then you should be old enough to A. Wait patiently, like everyone else, B.Spell Gavin right, C. Not try to convince the users of our product that it isnt going to be updated because it hasnt been released on your time tables.

By doing these things, you waste my time replying to you, and trying to keep the community at bay, because they see your negative post, then think there is something to it, when you dont know what you are talking about. This is time I could be using to finish up the testing needed, so you can get this. So, if you want to get technical, you can add yourself to the blame for why it is taking so long. At least from a certain point of view.

That being said, I have already closed most of the bugs, so it should be ready for the localization team, when ever the devs track them all down again.

What's up with xboxrgh?
(Impatient is one thing, talking trash/hurling insults is another).
After reading the last few posts, I remembered posting a reply to a different user (a few months ago) who was complaining.. and it seems applicable here also

(slightly modified and redirected)

Posted July 28, 2017 (insert today's date)

@ fau... (insert 'xboxrgh')

We/YOU are getting this for FREE, but you complain... ??  You should be happy that Aurora is being updated AT ALL, and has not been abandoned.

Some people.. should not be allowed to breathe the same air..

(just my 2 cents)

...... my work here is done....

except to say thank you to everyone involved in bringing Aurora this far, and (or) into the future.

• Like 1

@gavin_darkglider is there really any need for localization on release day? I thought it could be added as a separate download later as they are in 0.6b or am I misstaken?

Aurora always comes with localization's other than english. Has since the beginning. it is also the last stage of the testing process, as the localization xml with all of the new stuff that needs to be localized cant be written until we know what we are writing for. Then we have to solve any issues in the XUI that may arise, due to a localization, if that happens. If you only have one localization, you might miss the bugs before release, so when other make the localizations, there could be unintended visual issues because of it.

2 hours ago, xboxrgh said:

in the launch we know that the web serves to download covers so that aurora 0.6b some covers it does not locate for download this version 0.7b will have covers for all games and emulators of the rgh has something new to download new capps layers added for download so things garvim 

have some way to put covers in the games at aurora without using the asset editor in this new version as well as in fsd you can use the ip in the browser to add the missing layers in the rgh

You have no idea what you are talking about...... and I warned you, so now you have been banned.....

We are not adding covers to unity for this build. We do that as people upload them, and we approve them. If you would read the stuff on the forum you would know this. The current version of the WebUI doesnt do covers as far as I know, and I have used it. As for custom covers without the asset editor, that is doable with aurora 0.6b, as there was an option added to put images in a folder, and then apply them to titles. Maybe you should read up on the features that aurora 0.6b has before you go on about how we need to release 0.7b so you can have features you already have. 

• Like 1

I have never been part of the translation team but if you have trouble getting ahold of someone to translate to french, i would be more than happy to do so.

Happy to translate to Australian LOL

X360 is far from dead especially when you have kids, and I am today about to attempt a Starwars Console RGH1.2 so will be popping back in for some aurora goodness when the time is right

Thanking you all in advance as always as without you guys & girls, I'd be pulling my hair out trying to keep 4 kids under control during school holidays!

PEACE

Kosti

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kosti said:

X360 is far from dead

You better believe it, I've got a Demon Nand/RGH in one and JTAG in the other, I use them both - they are good for head to head in my house and I've got loads of games for them :-). I've not bothered with next gen consoles yet as I don't think they are worth the money, and the games are too expensive. My next gaming machine will be a gaming PC with a GTX 1080 TI or similar, in the meantime I'm sticking to the 360.

• Like 1