RealModScene
MaesterRowen

Aurora 0.7b - Feature Preview

haverá alguma chance no aurora aparecer o avatar como aparecia na FS?

Is there any chance at the aurora to appear the avataras it appeared in FS?

?Hay alguna posibilidad en el aurora que aparece el avatar como aparecía en la FS?

59 minutes ago, DennysAndrea said:

haverá alguma chance no aurora aparecer o avatar como aparecia na FS?

Is there any chance at the aurora to appear the avataras it appeared in FS?

?Hay alguna posibilidad en el aurora que aparece el avatar como aparecía en la FS?

This is an english forum, other languages are only allowed in the Matchmaking section.

To answer the question though, yes, it will be possible to make the avatar bigger, and move it to the main scene, but it will require a custom XUI extension, and a custom skin. The xui extension should be released around the same time as 0.7b, as skin designers will need it, or certain parts of their skin wont work. You would also probably want a custom coverflow, that leaves room on the main screen for you to put the avatar. 

• Like 1

The localization team is doing their thing, and making sure there arent any bugs in localization system for new xui scenes. Other than that all the bugs have been closed, so it is pretty much ready. Not sure if it will be in the next 2 days, and I am not making any promises here, but I would be surprised if it takes more than a week or 2. Then again, release schedules are more of a goal, not a guarantee, and I have no control over when/if it get released. Not saying it wont.

• Like 6

That's great news as I'm just putting a new console back together for my son and would be awesome to put the new dash on it's fresh 2 tb internal

3 hours ago, ElxBOSS said:

Can someone tell me what is the best they have gotten in the 0.7b update? 

That depends on the end user, some might say its the avatar, some might say its the tabbed scenes.. lol.. there's a bit of stuff

the great news and that now we can see our avatar because using aurora as the main dashboard without avatar was unnerving but now I can see my avatar and customize it with the many accessories I have. Even if all this is taking time for other options Aurora is becoming more and more spectacular, and these guys deserve all our support🤑

Hopefully this version fixes the issue with LiNK. (Unless it's LiNK itself?) When I try to play on LiNK with Aurora 0.6, my RGH crashes :( All of my games on 0.6 say "LiNK Not Supported" Which is strange because they do have System Link and I've played them on LiNK. However, it might've just been the games that crash, I don't remember. I've been on Xbox One mostly, lol.

EDIT: Hmm, strange... just put Black Ops 2 back on my RGH and tried out LiNK. Doesn't seem to be giving me any problems now. It might've been just that one time. Hahaha! Anyway, very excited about the new update. My only complaint is that one of the main colors for the default Aurora skin is white (which is beyond blinding) So I hope someone will remake the SteamOS skin for 0.7b! If not, could I find a guide on how to make skins for Aurora? Thanks!

felida already made me an edited version of SteamOS for me on Aurora 0.5b and I doubt he'll help me again. He's probably preoccupied with more important things than making a skin for a noob like me, lol. So, I was just wondering if anyone can point me to a guide on how to make skins. I'd like to make some cool stuff for the community!

Edited by HowlingWolfe93
Update

On 4/29/2018 at 10:30 PM, HowlingWolfe93 said:

Hopefully this version fixes the issue with LiNK. (Unless it's LiNK itself?) When I try to play on LiNK with Aurora 0.6, my RGH crashes :( All of my games on 0.6 say "LiNK Not Supported" Which is strange because they do have System Link and I've played them on LiNK. However, it might've just been the games that crash, I don't remember. I've been on Xbox One mostly, lol.

EDIT: Hmm, strange... just put Black Ops 2 back on my RGH and tried out LiNK. Doesn't seem to be giving me any problems now. It might've been just that one time. Hahaha! Anyway, very excited about the new update. My only complaint is that one of the main colors for the default Aurora skin is white (which is beyond blinding) So I hope someone will remake the SteamOS skin for 0.7b! If not, could I find a guide on how to make skins for Aurora? Thanks!

felida already made me an edited version of SteamOS for me on Aurora 0.5b and I doubt he'll help me again. He's probably preoccupied with more important things than making a skin for a noob like me, lol. So, I was just wondering if anyone can point me to a guide on how to make skins. I'd like to make some cool stuff for the community!

9 hours ago, gavin_darkglider said:

Felida did video guides on skin design that can be found in the sticky threads here:https://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/forum/57-skin-development-and-lua-scripting/

Boogie said he sent me an RGH fyi, BUUUUT im not out the skin business.. i said for 0.6 i was, lol

0.7b has some features i want to personally play with more.. as new options have been added xD

• Like 1

Like a young kid waiting for Christmas, been checking the site every now and then to see how progress is coming on,

Hopefully the localization team can complete without any issues or problems 

Really looking forward to the next release! Thanks Guys for all the hard work and dedication!

• Like 1

All I can say, at this point, is that the bugs are closed for aurora 0.7b. The biggest thing left is updating the updater for Nova, which shouldnt take that long, as all it is is unload FSPLugin, erase FSPlugin files, and replace them with the Nova Files. For all I know it is already done, but I cant think of a way to test the updater, without putting the new build online, so who knows. So, it appears to me that it is pretty much ready, and would be surprised if it takes more than 2 weeks. Then again, I was estimating the end of april, and it is may now.

• Like 5

It will happen exactly when it is meant to happen, thanks for the update always appreciated

*Its so close ( or far) that i can taste it*

Do you think there will be something like a browser (Google Chrome) or a YouTube for Xbox RGH? (Speaking in the future)

Sorryif this comment does not go here but I do not know where I would go 

Edited by ElxBOSS
Finger error
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, ElxBOSS said:

Do you think there will be something like a browser (Google Chrome) or a YouTube for Xbox RGH? (Speaking in the future)

Sorryif this comment does not go here but I do not know where I would go 

Not gonna lie, that would be pretty cool to have. I would prefer YouTube over Chrome. But I don't think it's possible. Even if it was, ask yourself this; If we can do that on PC, Android, and iOS, what would be the point?

Honestly, I only see a web browser being implemented, not YouTube. But if it's possible, what would we do with it? I doubt we'll be able to download anything, lol. But still, cool idea. I would like to at least have YouTube available.

Something I want to see happen is additional options on Aurora. Such as NXE settings and access to the Music Player. (Or at least Windows Media Center)

2 minutes ago, HowlingWolfe93 said:

Not gonna lie, that would be pretty cool to have. I would prefer YouTube over Chrome. But I don't think it's possible. Even if it was, ask yourself this; If we can do that on PC, Android, and iOS, what would be the point?

Honestly, I only see a web browser being implemented, not YouTube. But if it's possible, what would we do with it? I doubt we'll be able to download anything, lol. But still, cool idea. I would like to at least have YouTube available.

Something I want to see happen is additional options on Aurora. Such as NXE settings and access to the Music Player. (Or at least Windows Media Center)

You dont know the youtube client (utility) script POC version? Oh right, i didn't release it yet.  :)

6 minutes ago, saywaking said:

You dont know the youtube client (utility) script POC version? Oh right, i didn't release it yet.  :)

What's POC?

7 hours ago, ElxBOSS said:

I will not leave the scene until I try Nova ! * - *

At this point, for the end user, Nova is basically an upgraded Freestyle Plugin. Other than the new WebUI, the only other new feature in Nova is the NetISO stuff, and it is disabled, as the community voted that they didnt want to wait for us to finish it for the Aurora 0.7b release. This doesnt include an upgrade to the Link Service, which we teased about in the Nova thread so long ago. That is still to come, just not with 0.7b, as there was a lot of stuff that needed to be updated in the back end of the plugin, before we started adding that stuff. It also would mean some serious reconfiguration of the server stuff as well.

9 hours ago, HowlingWolfe93 said:

Honestamente, solo veo un navegador web siendo implementado, no YouTube. Pero si es posible, ¿qué haríamos con eso? Dudo que podamos descargar nada, lol. Pero aún así, buena idea. Me gustaría, al menos, tener YouTube disponible.

I same to me would like to have YouTube available, they say it can be done by modifying the defaut.xex but I would not know how to do it

9 hours ago, saywaking said:

What is POC? I have curious 😅

Edited by ElxBOSS
Failed