RealModScene
MaesterRowen

Aurora 0.7b - Feature Preview

I Hope SMB plugin will be added in this Release, for speed working with files nothing more is require. ;)

xbdm plug "not counting" neigborhood works slowly "and there are pitfalls with him"

1 hour ago, Petka12345 said:

I Hope SMB plugin will be added in this Release, for speed working with files nothing more is require. ;)

xbdm plug "not counting" neigborhood works slowly "and there are pitfalls with him"

It wont be included in this release, as it isnt high on our priority list to make it work. Use FTP, it is a much more accepted protocol for file transfer, and is less likely to corrupt your data than the current implementation of the SMB plugin, that is not publicly available for Aurora, or the SMB plugin for FSD. 

1 hour ago, Petka12345 said:

SMB is only needed for streaming games.. you SHOULD ftp stuff via wire.. caps out at 11MB/s with xexmenu, 9MB/s with aurora(for some weird reason).. ftp via WiFi, caps out at roughly 300KB/s.. 

xbdm.xex and the sdk are not needed AT ALL for transferring so i dfk what you are using that for........

hell.. dash 17349+ have ACTUAL worth while USB support now.. so you could just use an external hdd and swap away.. 

so what was your point again? moot it is...

SMB root fast share 360 in explorer windows for shortcut via desktop, for modding -test resources very good solution, you can edit - mod file for test not even copying the resource on the PC, open with HEX, mod like flags and save, and start executable on 360. Root shared like DISK on PC via LAN no ftp..   No freeze check size etc like via ftp... fast for working.  SMB speed on FSD 11.3 mb/s copy  < > !

I have been working for several years on SMB in FSD3 and have not found the best solution yet.  
Xbdm plug share root good on all time, but copy very long. (and it looks like there is verification after the end of copying) speed slowly on big files. Minus - Not editiong  file in real time, need copy on pc and back moding on console...

Yes, i now, about the problem with different sizes and copying over the source in SMB. But this is the only one + that FSD has before the Aurora personally for me. SMB acces need for moding test resources, So far, we have to constantly work in the FSD2-3  and jump to aurora...  

Saved in aurora ConnectX (mod file on PC and fast run on 360) but some games very slow loading, or not working... What is also not happy

For ordinary users, this plug-in not needed.

They have enough FTP access etc

Sorry for eng if so...  this is my story)

On 4/8/2018 at 12:31 PM, felida said:

SMB is only needed for streaming games.. you SHOULD ftp stuff via wire.. caps out at 11MB/s with xexmenu, 9MB/s with aurora(for some weird reason).. ftp via WiFi, caps out at roughly 300KB/s..

xbdm.xex and the sdk are not needed AT ALL for transferring so i dfk what you are using that for........

hell.. dash 17349+ have ACTUAL worth while USB support now.. so you could just use an external hdd and swap away..

so what was your point again? moot it is...

Out of curiosity, since I always thought my WiFi was much faster than that, I just tested an FTP transfer to my 360 and was peaking @ 1.5-1.6 MB per sec or ±12mbps

2 hours ago, QuattroGam3r said:

Out of curiosity, since I always thought my WiFi was much faster than that, I just tested an FTP transfer to my 360 and was peaking @ 1.5-1.6 MB per sec or ±12mbps

The xbox360 is limited.. lol.. 

1.5 or 1.6 isnt 11.. is what i was getting at.. and i DO mean megabyte, not mega bit.. i cap off at 11megabyte using wire.. been forever since ive used wifi lol.. i know its drastically slower.. i remember fsd showing 300k~ish while uploading years ago.. and by all means, the xb1 even has crappy wifi too.. haha

While I do acknowledge that this might not be the most common use case, some users (including myself) have a large library of over 350 titles on a NAS device.
I'd rather be able to stream games directly from the NAS, rather than constantly freeing up space and transferring files over via FTP.

I know it's not a priority, but if and when the developers decide to bother with rewriting the plugin; my only request is make it so you can specify an IP address instead of the NETBIOS name (and possibly make credentials not a mandatory parameter).

If we're that concerned about overhead and performance, then I would suggest making an NFS plugin to go alongside the SMB one.
All the NAS devices support NFS, and there's even freeware available to set up NFS shares from Windows.

Just thought I'd give my 2 cenz again, since the ConnectX subject was brought up again (and I'm one of those who eagerly await for an optimized version).

PS:
Maybe this is a stupid conjecture, but can't we use LUA to have ConnectX only scan for the available content, and then have the selected game (upon launch) get preloaded to a temporary storage via the ftp protocol? (Then erased once we close it) ..I mean, we gotta have something (even if it's hacky) until and if we ever get a proper SMB/NFS implementation.

PS2:
Yes I know about netISO, it just doesn't fit my use case, sorry. I want to be able to browse and select directly from the console.

I do use connectx too as i have 2 modded xbox (1 in living room 1 in the room) but both are connected with rj45 and my xpenology NAS as well.

Most of the games do work upon LAN for me but the speed is about 4MB/sec (32 Mb) so i get some lag sometimes. Some games just go directly to black screen and i have to copy them internally (south park, shadow of the mordor,..). I have no idea if it is linked to the speed performance issue but if it is I also would love to see an improvement to 11MB or so which is the 100 Mb theoritically available.

1. The Xbox 360 scene is not dead. 

2. Early Releases just cause your console to take a shit and cause a headache.

3. Great things come to thoes who wait

4. Great work on this! I cant wait for the release but by all means take your time with it. I want something that will work, and the devs want something there proud of.

12 hours ago, yongbi said:

I do use connectx too as i have 2 modded xbox (1 in living room 1 in the room) but both are connected with rj45 and my xpenology NAS as well.

Most of the games do work upon LAN for me but the speed is about 4MB/sec (32 Mb) so i get some lag sometimes. Some games just go directly to black screen and i have to copy them internally (south park, shadow of the mordor,..). I have no idea if it is linked to the speed performance issue but if it is I also would love to see an improvement to 11MB or so which is the 100 Mb theoritically available.

ConnectX will never be updated to run faster. It is out of our control, as it is a plugin from an actual devkit, that has been byte patched to work with a retail kernel. Aurora/FSD load, and run the functions in the XEX/DLL. We understand it is slow, but never fear, we are working on a new solution called NetISO, that will be included in Nova, when it is ready. From my testing, using ethernet, it is super fast, but it also requires that your games be in ISO/SVOD format(Currently)

On 4/9/2018 at 6:21 AM, Petka12345 said:

SMB root fast share 360 in explorer windows for shortcut via desktop, for modding -test resources very good solution, you can edit - mod file for test not even copying the resource on the PC, open with HEX, mod like flags and save, and start executable on 360. Root shared like DISK on PC via LAN no ftp..   No freeze check size etc like via ftp... fast for working.  SMB speed on FSD 11.3 mb/s copy  < > !

I have been working for several years on SMB in FSD3 and have not found the best solution yet.  
Xbdm plug share root good on all time, but copy very long. (and it looks like there is verification after the end of copying) speed slowly on big files. Minus - Not editiong  file in real time, need copy on pc and back moding on console...

Yes, i now, about the problem with different sizes and copying over the source in SMB. But this is the only one + that FSD has before the Aurora personally for me. SMB acces need for moding test resources, So far, we have to constantly work in the FSD2-3  and jump to aurora...  

Saved in aurora ConnectX (mod file on PC and fast run on 360) but some games very slow loading, or not working... What is also not happy

For ordinary users, this plug-in not needed.

They have enough FTP access etc

Sorry for eng if so...  this is my story)

I think you are confusing the SMB plugin with ConnectX. The SMB Plugin is a server plugin, so you can access your xbox hard drive via SMB Shares. ConnectX connects to SMB shares, but is really slow and dated on the SMB standard, as the plugin is older than Windows Vista. lol.

For the rest of you, here is a quick update..... I think we are close to release..... The Nova WebUI is finally being tested, and is quite a bit nicer than the one included with FSD, if you ask me. Since that was the last major thing, it should be soon.....

@gavin_darkglider: I don't think people are asking for an update on ConnectX, more or less they are asking for a proper (from scratch) implementation of CIFS/NFS mounting within Aurora. Does this also need to be byte-patched to work with the retail kernel?

I can’t wait for Nova then :P

Hopefully you will also release some tools for jtag rip and god to iso convertion or i will need to go and look for some available software to do the job

all my games are in GOD and FOLDER format, do they work if I turn them into ISO? or the ISO must be original?

if the answer is positive, I can upload all the tools with instructions to make them public on MEGA to transform any format into ISO.

"obviously if the moderators allow it"

I see no reason why creating an iso file out of the extracted images wouldnt work. GOD/SVOD works as is. And in future versions it might support extracted games, even though it wasnt technically designed for that. It shouldnt be too hard to modify the server, which should be opensource, to work with extracted ISO files. It is all kind of a moot point, as NetISO has been put on hold until 0.8+, as 0.7b has taken longer to be finished. Due to the complexity of some of the new features, and Nova testing, it has taken longer then we anticipated to complete 0.7b

7 hours ago, Frostbyte said:

@gavin_darkglider: I don't think people are asking for an update on ConnectX, more or less they are asking for a proper (from scratch) implementation of CIFS/NFS mounting within Aurora. Does this also need to be byte-patched to work with the retail kernel?

No, it wouldnt need byte patching to work with Aurora. It would be even harder to write a plugin around the SMB/CIFS standards, and then make it compatible with all the standard changes. You would have to port the whole client side of Samba to the XDK, then have to debug the shit out of it. It isnt an easy task, and it isnt going to be done by Team Phoenix. Especially since they are trying to get away from it with NetISO, which is more like Daemon Tools for the Xbox, than anything else. The client side creates a virtual drive, that then takes the actual drives handle in the kernel when you mount an ISO to it. So, in a way it is more like putting a disc in the console than anything.

Anyway knowing that there is work ongoing on a better network solution for those of us (which are i guess not so numerous) currently using connectx to not be bothered by some external hard drive or  copying internal each and every game is a very good thing to hear.

Thanks again for your free work

39 minutes ago, yongbi said:

Anyway knowing that there is work ongoing on a better network solution for those of us (which are i guess not so numerous) currently using connectx to not be bothered by some external hard drive or  copying internal each and every game is a very good thing to hear.

Thanks again for your free work

Your Welcome, but I deserve none of the credit on this one. First an Formost, c0z was the one who came up with and coded the original NetISO plugin for dashlaunch(Not publically released), and MaesterRowen took that code, and included it into Nova, and wrote the Phoenix NetISO server for the computer side of things. As far as Team Phoenix goes, I am just a tester, and moderator. Other than finding some major bugs, and knowing things before most other people, because I have connections in the inner circle, I havnt really done much as far as development goes. That being said, the NetIso stuff was orignally planned for this release, so the base code is in nova and aurora for it now, but due to some of the bugs we encountered with it, and the time frame it will take to fix them, it was put to a vote in the community, and the community chose to for go NetISO for now, for a quicker release of 0.7b, which even then still has taken a bit longer than we had planned. That being said, the current plan is to have 0.7b released sometime this month. We are in the process of buttoning up the final bugs, now that the WebUI v.1 for nova is ready.  There may be some upgrades to that in 0.8+, as I hear that there are some things that got pushed back there as well, and a few things that the devs feel could be done better. What we have appears to work, so the release should be soon. Just waiting on feedback from the other testers, and one more fatal exception to fix, that I know of, and it should be ready for the public....... All of that being said, just because it should be ready soon, doesnt mean that we dont have lives, but from what I hear, the plan is to push it out this month sometime, but dont get too excited, as things dont always go to plan. lol.

As someone already said, it will come out when it comes out, so far i'm enjoying aurora 0.6.

As my thanks it was more of a general "you" not only to you of course.

Last but not least, since you seem to know some stuff, i just realized i forgot some question for the network features :

- What about xbla games ? As those are not iso at all and they all work with connectx. (Maybe connectx will be able to live along netbios ? don't know what are the plans there, maybe configure netbios path but also connectx would be possible ?)

- And also, do you happen to know if with iso format, the installer discs will work or do we still need to copy the content manually to the inner drive (it's already done for me but just in case one of my xbox dies and have to replace it without having to do that  or if some people might be interested to know :p)

Thanks to the free work of all involved, don't matter the time it takes, we all have lives and we are all growing older so family and stuff :P

NetISO only works with SVOD(GOD), and ISO formats currently. dont worry though, you can still use ConnectX, which will continue to be supported..... unless someone ports a better SMB client to the xbox 360, in which case that might get included, and connectx removed. doubtful though.

21 hours ago, gavin_darkglider said:

That being said, the current plan is to have 0.7b released sometime this month.

This is great news, can't wait!!!

6 hours ago, xboxrgh said:
until finally good news for the launch of aurora 0.7b will be very welcome yet this is even at the time of being launched since it is a project that comes from 2016

What? Aurora has been around longer than that. Hell, the idea of nova, was announced in like 2014, and aurora was on like 0.3 or 0.4 at the time. So, I am not sure what you are saying here..... And I am not going to guarantee a release this month, just saying that last I heard, which was recently, was that the developers wanted to try and release it this month.

2 hours ago, xboxrgh said:
the staff will wait for the launch of ps5 in 2020 to launch the aurora 0.7b I do not think it will leave this is already too late for the launch unfortunately many people no longer have the console  rgh to play or use the aurora

in part and true that the latest versions of aurora are released after too much time, and all this long time less and less people will enjoy aurora, but I am one of those people who owns both xbox one and x360 and I can say that use and play only to x360 for the potential that offers the jtag, and this project of aurora strengthens me to stay with the 360, if then it will come out 'some changes on xbox one then I can' abandon the 360

2 hours ago, lilia said:

in part and true that the latest versions of aurora are released after too much time, and all this long time less and less people will enjoy aurora, but I am one of those people who owns both xbox one and x360 and I can say that use and play only to x360 for the potential that offers the jtag, and this project of aurora strengthens me to stay with the 360, if then it will come out 'some changes on xbox one then I can' abandon the 360

While people are bitching about time frames, lets put this in perspective. Most of the coding on Aurora is done by 1 person. Currently there are only  like 10 people who are part of team phoenix. Now, when you put this in perspective, our members are all over the world, and do this for fun. It is difficult when the main programmer has a life, and so does everyone else. So while there might be 3 test builds in a month, or day, depending, lately, we have had 2 builds to test in 3 months.  For what it is worth, the only current thing causing crashes is that we implemented a new feature to check TU downloads hashes against the server, and if the connection is lost, then aurora gets a fatal exception. Other than that, Nova's WebUI v1 is complete, and working, and there are a couple of small bugs in nova, that ported over from FSPlugin, like having to reload the plugin to get new screenshot buttons to work, if setting plugin wide, and not on a per game basis(Another new feature of Aurora 0.7b, Along with per game dashlaunch settings.) Long story short, as far as new features go, 0.7b is like a completed mona lisa, vs an andy worhal painting of soup cans, on a bad acid trip. lol. Have faith, the wait has been worth it. as I said, there are only like 2 major bugs that need working out, which shouldnt take long. The rest of the stuff is localization stuff for 0.7b, and some stuff for the updater, which cant be tested until 0.7b goes online. 

On 4/9/2018 at 7:46 PM, felida said:

The xbox360 is limited.. lol..

1.5 or 1.6 isnt 11.. is what i was getting at.. and i DO mean megabyte, not mega bit.. i cap off at 11megabyte using wire.. been forever since ive used wifi lol.. i know its drastically slower.. i remember fsd showing 300k~ish while uploading years ago.. and by all means, the xb1 even has crappy wifi too.. haha

I know what you meant homie. Just didn't think 300kbps was doing it justice, lolz. My 360 is connected wired too, just that everything I do is from my laptop with a tx rate of 1300mbps.

13 hours ago, xboxrgh said:
the staff will wait for the launch of ps5 in 2020 to launch the aurora 0.7b I do not think it will leave this is already too late for the launch unfortunately many people no longer have the console  rgh to play or use the aurora

I dont see you writing any programs??.. your stuff will be released when the ps7 comes out huh? Point being, dont be a flipping douche, for no appearant reason

11 hours ago, lilia said:

The time frame shouldnt matter, i for one DO know .7 has some nifty features.. alot of visuals people have been wanting since aurora's initial release.. granted, it WOULD be nice if there were more than 1 coder, but we have to take what we can get, since no one else is stepping up to do anything.. BUT at the same time, be happy there isnt multiple forks and such, like with open source stuff, so we dont have tons of flodded questions about someone else's work, such as people asking here to make trainers, when the guides are posted.