RealModScene
MaesterRowen

Aurora 0.7b - Feature Preview

1 hour ago, MUGIWARAL93 said:

Really ? a week, a month two, four , six months. More specific please !! ?

When it's released - that's when you'll get it, and not before!

Next week local time weds 9.34.56.7pm exactly.

What !

my guess is good as anybody else's

For those who want to speculate on when it will be released I will repeat myself.... When we feel it is ready. Not a minute sooner. Next person to ask that question will get banned, because I am tired of reading it, and answering it. The answer never changes. Doesnt matter what version it is. Go look in all of the other release threads for all of the other versions, and you will see that the answer there is the same as I am giving you now.

As to the other point..... Aurora Development is slowing down, but is far from over. As features go, the dev team is really happy with where it is, and are running out of ideas to make it a more fulfilled dashboard. That being said, that doesnt mean they are close to being done with the other pieces of the project. There is still the SMBDll, LinkV2, Nova, and a few others that havnt been mentioned previously, that all tie into aurora. There are also LUA scripting API expansions, that can be done. So, while there might not be a ton of new features in the Dashboard section of the project, there will still be updates to it as these other pieces expand, as things like the settings interface will need to support some of them, APIs might need to be added for others, etc. So, while it might just end up being a new revision of the same version, instead of a new version, like 0.1a bugfix version.(Dont remember the exact number off the top of my head.)

• Like 2

The ban should come for not searching first.Your best bet Gavin is ignore questions about release dates & those of us having a bit of fun with it,until such time a new thread opens up with the actual upload link to the next release of aurora

6 hours ago, scorpNZ said:

The ban should come for not searching first.Your best bet Gavin is ignore questions about release dates & those of us having a bit of fun with it,until such time a new thread opens up with the actual upload link to the next release of aurora

As much as I appreciate your input on this, which I dont really, I stand by what I said. The forum rules state that you should read before asking questions. Or they did, long before they disappeared in one of the many updates to this site. As a moderator, it is my job to keep the forums in line, and make sure that things stay on topic. When people repeatedly ask questions, that have been answered, then it is no longer on topic. Also, it is not the place of the general users to question my decisions. If you dont like the way I do things, take it up with the admins, who I chat with on a fairly regular basis. They asked me to do this, because they trust my judgement. You should too.

• Like 1

hi i don't look too much time this site. And it's changed. Came to different to me.

Aurora is still developed or not? Because update not came too long time.

Best Regards,
Erhan Onder

2 minutes ago, eonder87 said:

hi i don't look too much time this site. And it's changed. Came to different to me.

Aurora is still developed or not? Because update not came too long time.

Best Regards,
Erhan Onder

I'd recommend that you do some reading... Start with the post above yours, and take heed. 

"Almost done" it have been forever. That is why so many start to get inpatient too. They or him or whatever should just take the time it takes,and not say something like "almost done" and "soon" ++ This builds a high hype for a very early release..

I think it will be done Q3-Q4 this year,no sooner.Maybe even 2019 for all i know. I may be wrong of course.. I dont even care that much. 06b is still great. An early 07b release will come when it is done. Just dont think "soon" Soon have been since it was announced.

16 hours ago, 4life said:

"Almost done" it have been forever. That is why so many start to get inpatient too. They or him or whatever should just take the time it takes,and not say something like "almost done" and "soon" ++ This builds a high hype for a very early release..

I think it will be done Q3-Q4 this year,no sooner.Maybe even 2019 for all i know. I may be wrong of course.. I dont even care that much. 06b is still great. An early 07b release will come when it is done. Just dont think "soon" Soon have been since it was announced.

It has been almost done for a while. The real main hold up is the WebUI, for nova, since the whole thing needed to be rewritten, and also implements lua based scripts, and should be more configurable then the UI that came with FSD, and never worked in Aurora. The other big thing left on the list is finishing the testing on the new LUA functions, which saywaking has been on. Other than that it has been minor bugs caused by other bug fixes, and or new features we have added, that we all have to track down and fix. Then once all of that is done, we still have to track down the people who handle the localizations, and get it to them. Chances are that this build will come in english, and the people who want it in another language will have to localize it themselves, as I have no idea what the deal is with those people. Progress is being made, and the wait still hasnt been nearly as long as the Aurora 0.6b wait, and that came.

• Like 1

In the event that development is retired will the source code be dumped in the public domain?

it is just that I have seen many cool projects lost in time.

is there legal issues as why it is not open currently as I have seen an older version of fsd source around but nothing in reguards to aurora.

On 2/11/2018 at 8:01 PM, professor_jonny said:

In the event that development is retired will the source code be dumped in the public domain?

it is just that I have seen many cool projects lost in time.

is there legal issues as why it is not open currently as I have seen an older version of fsd source around but nothing in reguards to aurora.

First, the older version source you talk about is incomplete. Doesn't even compile. The reason behind that I that not all of the developers wanted their code released. As for Aurora, it is a smaller dev team, so if they choose to release their code, chances are it will work, but pieces like the trainer stuff might not, as that is parycrypt's code.

• Thanks 1

On 14/02/2018 at 9:50 AM, ChesAS said:

Good afternoon! Tell me all the same, well, when will the assembly 0.7

Some say that Aurora v0.7b (Code Name: Unicorn) is releasing the same exact day as Half Life 3... Soon

On 2/14/2018 at 1:50 AM, ChesAS said:

Good afternoon! Tell me all the same, well, when will the assembly 0.7

When the WEBUI is finished, and tested. Then we have to track down the localization people.

@jquevedog @MaesterRowen

Hello friends, YouTuber Damian190 writes to congratulate them for their work and inform them that we are 
doing promotion to the system link, we also have a large group in Colombia and we want to donate and help 
so that the system link continúes.
 We are managing, the Spanish-speaking 
population of this platform and we want to contact to have first-hand information about improvements in the 
servers or the interface, to connect more effectively the information to Spanish-speaking people.

I am attentive to your response and I need to know who I should contact, 
I can be found on Facebook as 
https://www.facebook.com/ESdamian190
youtube: https://goo.gl/lsnpRB

• Like 2

Just dropping by, I actually thought 0.6b was the last version ever to be released. I’m glad to see I was wrong I’m looking forward for proper dvd support (as i confess I have some original games and my legit xbox died) and for save games management. Thanks for all your hard & free work.

2 hours ago, kaitlin4599 said:

any chance of adding the ability to make and or add shortcuts in the new aurora dash release

what you mean by "shortcuts"??