RealModScene
MaesterRowen

Aurora 0.7b - Feature Preview

On 12/21/2017 at 8:47 PM, MaesterRowen said:

Currently, it is written in C# >.>.

Well mono seems pretty stable lately. Maybe I will try my hand at compiling it. 

While the server would possibly run in mono, the iso libraries are in visual C++, so those would still have to be ported for GCC to be able to build the required libraries. All that being said, I dont think mono will be much help here, and with a little work, you could port from C# to C++, or even python, which if you ask me would make a much better platform for architecture changes between platforms. There are a lot of game sorting options in the server that arent written currently, but arent needed, so for a basic server, once you have the protocol information, and compression algorithms, it should be fairly simple to pull off. It is also easier to run on a router, or otherwise, if it doesnt have to be compiled against a specific toolchain, as the python dependencies would help with that.

• Like 1

Hello and happy new year!

First and foremost let me say a huge thank you for all the time and effort you have put into this bad boy.

However, I'm a little bit confused about this whole NetISO development choice.

From what I can surmise (correct me if I'm wrong) so far:

1. You can mount an ISO, GOD, or Folder (extracted ISO) to it.
  2. You can only have one thing mounted/offered at a given time, but to multiple consoles.
  3. It requires a server binary to be running on a PC. Currently only for Windows (and possibly Linux, should the binary be compiled in the future).

I would much more prefer a way to natively mount a CIFS/NFS share from a NAS/PC to the Xbox.
And to be able to perform FileSystem operations between the Share and the Xbox (Copy, Paste, Move, Delete, Execute, etc).

This would, in turn:

1. Eliminate the need for a server binary.
  2. Be able to stream more than one game, at a given time.
  3. Be able to copy games from a NAS/PC to the Xbox. (Case: wire speed is slow, but a centralized network repository of games is desired)
  4. Be able to stream/copy/paste/move/delete other types of media, like video files. (If this will be a thing in the future)
  5. Be much more flexible in terms of what kind of NAS devices can be supported.

These being said, I acknowledge that this is better than what ConnectX offers at the moment.
I have my NAS on a different VLAN/Subnet, and because ConnectX does not offer a way to utilize an IP address (only the NetBios name), I cannot use it.

Sure, I could open up NetISO on my PC and have it stream content from the NAS network path. But that would mean transmitting and receiving the same content, from a man-in-the-middle device, halving the effective bandwidth. I would much more prefer a direct access approach.

Also, if people use their PCs and are in need of more transfer speed than what a CIFS Share offers, they should opt to configure an NFS Server/Share.

20 hours ago, Frostbyte said:

Hello and happy new year!

First and foremost let me say a huge thank you for all the time and effort you have put into this bad boy.

However, I'm a little bit confused about this whole NetISO development choice.

From what I can surmise (correct me if I'm wrong) so far:

1. You can mount an ISO, GOD, or Folder (extracted ISO) to it.
  2. You can only have one thing mounted/offered at a given time, but to multiple consoles.
  3. It requires a server binary to be running on a PC. Currently only for Windows (and possibly Linux, should the binary be compiled in the future).

I would much more prefer a way to natively mount a CIFS/NFS share from a NAS/PC to the Xbox.
And to be able to perform FileSystem operations between the Share and the Xbox (Copy, Paste, Move, Delete, Execute, etc).

This would, in turn:

1. Eliminate the need for a server binary.
  2. Be able to stream more than one game, at a given time.
  3. Be able to copy games from a NAS/PC to the Xbox. (Case: wire speed is slow, but a centralized network repository of games is desired)
  4. Be able to stream/copy/paste/move/delete other types of media, like video files. (If this will be a thing in the future)
  5. Be much more flexible in terms of what kind of NAS devices can be supported.

These being said, I acknowledge that this is better than what ConnectX offers at the moment.
I have my NAS on a different VLAN/Subnet, and because ConnectX does not offer a way to utilize an IP address (only the NetBios name), I cannot use it.

Sure, I could open up NetISO on my PC and have it stream content from the NAS network path. But that would mean transmitting and receiving the same content, from a man-in-the-middle device, halving the effective bandwidth. I would much more prefer a direct access approach.

Also, if people use their PCs and are in need of more transfer speed than what a CIFS Share offers, they should opt to configure an NFS Server/Share.

1. CIFS/NFS share is pretty much what is going on with connectX. 

2. Extracted ISO doesnt work with NetISO. Only GOD, and ISO.

3. All network traffic is a Server/Client communication system. It doesnt matter what the server is, so being a network based thing there needs to be a server, and designing the server ourselves gives us more options on expansion, and how things are handled, which allows us to stream information stored in the iso images, that gets stored into a DB on the server side, so we can send preview images, and title information, that is stored in the iso/god file(s), that we couldnt send otherwise, and if we handled it on the xbox side, would slow down loading of the information, or would make the process less dynamic, if you were to change the files on the server. It would add loading time to the service, as the xbox would have to load all of the images, from the server, to pull the information, then arrange it in a temporary DB, to do it all over again.

4. When you mount an image with netIso service, you can browse the files in the image like you can with any disc you put in the drive, as it emulates the drive on the console, with the iso mounted to it. This will allow any copy/paste operation you can do with a disc. You will not be able to move or delete files off of an iso image, as it is a read only file system.

5. Audio/Video ISO's arent currently supported, but could easily be added to the server in the future. We need to make sure everything else is working as expected, before we worry about that, as the service is primarily for creating a faster and more stable game streaming service. We cant fix connectX, as that was written by Microsoft, and dont have the code.

6. Any nas device should be supported, once the server code is ported from windows to linux, as most Nas systems are running linux. And the current plan is to release the code for the server, so other people can port it, and make it fit the needs of more light weight devices, such as NAS systems, routers running custom firmwares, etc. Unfortunatly with any linux system, it is going to be a challenge, as you will need to compile with the same toolchain as the system on your device was compiled with. Since the GPLv2 which the linux kernel is released under, states that if you sell any device running linux, you have to not only release the code for the GPLv2 code, but also the toolchain you used to build said code, this wont be much of an issue, if you know how to tweak GCC. 

6. For reasons stated previously, we wont switch it to Ciffs/NFS. As for NFS, most of our users are running windows on their PC's anyway, which is part of the reason why the server was written for windows first and foremost. 

7. Yes, you can only have one ISO mounted per xbox at a time. This is a limitation in the xbox kernel, since the client software mounts the image at the DVD device handle. There might be a way around this, if we take advantage of the HD-DVD drive handle, but if we do, the kernel wouldnt recognize games there, just movies, as that attachment was made specifically for DVD/HD-DVD's. Not that that fad went anywhere with blueray coming out like 6 months later. lol. 

2 hours ago, gavin_darkglider said:

1. CIFS/NFS share is pretty much what is going on with connectX. 

2. Extracted ISO doesnt work with NetISO. Only GOD, and ISO.

3. All network traffic is a Server/Client communication system. It doesnt matter what the server is, so being a network based thing there needs to be a server, and designing the server ourselves gives us more options on expansion, and how things are handled, which allows us to stream information stored in the iso images, that gets stored into a DB on the server side, so we can send preview images, and title information, that is stored in the iso/god file(s), that we couldnt send otherwise, and if we handled it on the xbox side, would slow down loading of the information, or would make the process less dynamic, if you were to change the files on the server. It would add loading time to the service, as the xbox would have to load all of the images, from the server, to pull the information, then arrange it in a temporary DB, to do it all over again.

4. When you mount an image with netIso service, you can browse the files in the image like you can with any disc you put in the drive, as it emulates the drive on the console, with the iso mounted to it. This will allow any copy/paste operation you can do with a disc. You will not be able to move or delete files off of an iso image, as it is a read only file system.

5. Audio/Video ISO's arent currently supported, but could easily be added to the server in the future. We need to make sure everything else is working as expected, before we worry about that, as the service is primarily for creating a faster and more stable game streaming service. We cant fix connectX, as that was written by Microsoft, and dont have the code.

6. Any nas device should be supported, once the server code is ported from windows to linux, as most Nas systems are running linux. And the current plan is to release the code for the server, so other people can port it, and make it fit the needs of more light weight devices, such as NAS systems, routers running custom firmwares, etc. Unfortunatly with any linux system, it is going to be a challenge, as you will need to compile with the same toolchain as the system on your device was compiled with. Since the GPLv2 which the linux kernel is released under, states that if you sell any device running linux, you have to not only release the code for the GPLv2 code, but also the toolchain you used to build said code, this wont be much of an issue, if you know how to tweak GCC. 

6. For reasons stated previously, we wont switch it to Ciffs/NFS. As for NFS, most of our users are running windows on their PC's anyway, which is part of the reason why the server was written for windows first and foremost. 

7. Yes, you can only have one ISO mounted per xbox at a time. This is a limitation in the xbox kernel, since the client software mounts the image at the DVD device handle. There might be a way around this, if we take advantage of the HD-DVD drive handle, but if we do, the kernel wouldnt recognize games there, just movies, as that attachment was made specifically for DVD/HD-DVD's. Not that that fad went anywhere with blueray coming out like 6 months later. lol. 

1) I don't think they've implemented it correctly, as it can only utilize the SMB protocol (CIFS) and can only connect through the NetBios name (restricting you to the same sub-net). These are two very serious limitations.

2) I see. However, there have been some reports that the GOD format is kind of slow, and ISOs have padding as we know (so they are not space friendly exactly).

3) A binary server utilizing a proprietary protocol != widespread file sharing protocols. I do agree with your point of view on the rest, but essentially you're solving the loading time problems by restricting it to one element at a time, and an element you choose from the server nonetheless. That means that you can never have a true gallery over the network, where the Xbox can dynamically choose a title from. Why store them on a temporary DB and not have a persistent cache mechanism, which would only update on the first negotiation, upon hovering-on/launching a title, or on demand via an option? Most people have gigabit on their home networks, and well.. WiFi was never advised as a good way to begin with.

4) Yes, I'm totally fine with a read-only file system, as that's how I usually do my shares for media center devices. I only mentioned the write/delete options, just so the Xbox can update the metadata on the source (NAS) without having to invoke an internet connection every time, to update the local cache.

5) Agreed. But just to be clear, I wasn't asking for a fix on ConnectX (I know it has been made by M$), I was just investigating whether it's possible to write something (from scratch) that would supersede it and overcome it's current limitations. (Source code should be available for mounting CIFS/NFS shares)
I know that I'm flirting with a response of the type "Then write your own and present it to us". Which I would be more than happy to take a shot at, if there is any kind of material I can study, so I can help developing it.

6) In theory yes, but not all NAS devices offer Shell/SSH Access options. And for those that do, they're pretty bare-bones, often times missing the required libraries to do these stuff. For example take the Synology NAS and their RADIUS package, should you require connectivity of the Daemon with a MySQL Service, you're SOL (Because whatever their web interface doesn't offer as an option, the daemon hasn't been compiled with), that means that you've got to use OptWare for these cases. And even then, this does not come remotely as close as a Debian/RHEL repository where you can download required libraries on demand. The only NAS I see, which could be easily supported, would be FreeNAS. Or if you guys make this as a standalone package with no need for additional libraries or dependencies.
These being said, I agree that the majority of the users use their PCs for this. But even this becomes a little bit impractical, when you have a library spanning over 300 titles.
I'm not against it, but I would like to see more options (in the future) regarding on how to do stuff over the network.

7) And this is what baffled me the most, the choice to emulate the DVD drive. Surely, couldn't there be a better way to do it with network share mounting? (Local cache, algorithms to efficiently decide what to update and when, option to enable/disable share(s), option to automount share(s), option to delete share(s) along with their cache, etc..)

43 minutes ago, Frostbyte said:

1) I don't think they've implemented it correctly, as it can only utilize the SMB protocol (CIFS) and can only connect through the NetBios name (restricting you to the same sub-net). These are two very serious limitations.

2) I see. However, there have been some reports that the GOD format is kind of slow, and ISOs have padding as we know (so they are not space friendly exactly).

3) A binary server utilizing a proprietary protocol != widespread file sharing protocols. I do agree with your point of view on the rest, but essentially you're solving the loading time problems by restricting it to one element at a time, and an element you choose from the server nonetheless. That means that you can never have a true gallery over the network, where the Xbox can dynamically choose a title from. Why store them on a temporary DB and not have a persistent cache mechanism, which would only update on the first negotiation, upon hovering-on/launching a title, or on demand via an option? Most people have gigabit on their home networks, and well.. WiFi was never advised as a good way to begin with.

4) Yes, I'm totally fine with a read-only file system, as that's how I usually do my shares for media center devices. I only mentioned the write/delete options, just so the Xbox can update the metadata on the source (NAS) without having to invoke an internet connection every time, to update the local cache.

5) Agreed. But just to be clear, I wasn't asking for a fix on ConnectX (I know it has been made by M$), I was just investigating whether it's possible to write something (from scratch) that would supersede it and overcome it's current limitations. (Source code should be available for mounting CIFS/NFS shares)
I know that I'm flirting with a response of the type "Then write your own and present it to us". Which I would be more than happy to take a shot at, if there is any kind of material I can study, so I can help developing it.

6) In theory yes, but not all NAS devices offer Shell/SSH Access options. And for those that do, they're pretty bare-bones, often times missing the required libraries to do these stuff. For example take the Synology NAS and their RADIUS package, should you require connectivity of the Daemon with a MySQL Service, you're SOL (Because whatever their web interface doesn't offer as an option, the daemon hasn't been compiled with), that means that you've got to use OptWare for these cases. And even then, this does not come remotely as close as a Debian/RHEL repository where you can download required libraries on demand. The only NAS I see, which could be easily supported, would be FreeNAS. Or if you guys make this as a standalone package with no need for additional libraries or dependencies.
These being said, I agree that the majority of the users use their PCs for this. But even this becomes a little bit impractical, when you have a library spanning over 300 titles.
I'm not against it, but I would like to see more options (in the future) regarding on how to do stuff over the network.

7) And this is what baffled me the most, the choice to emulate the DVD drive. Surely, couldn't there be a better way to do it with network share mounting? (Local cache, algorithms to efficiently decide what to update and when, option to enable/disable share(s), option to automount share(s), option to delete share(s) along with their cache, etc..)

The choice wasnt mine to make, infact this was implemented into Nova, but was actually written by cOz, so if you want the answer to those questions, they would be better directed at him. That being said, even I dont know how to get a hold of him, so I couldnt tell you how to take it up with him. What I can say is that it works a lot better than connectX, and is similar to a networked iso option for modded PS3's.

Ah, I didn't mean to come off as aggressive. Of course, I'm not blaming anyone for this. Something is better than nothing, right?
I'm also not questioning it's performance, I know that it would transfer faster than protocols which have overheads in them. (CIFS being the worst offender)

However, should an opportunity present itself to speak with cOz, I would love to discuss on how to bring more flexibility to this solution.

Thank you for the information so far. :)

Good afternoon. I would like to know When will be released a new release of Aurora ? Use the dashboards for a long time, almost from the beginning of the issue. at the moment there are problems with the flights, the sixth version of the Aurora during the games... there is that first, some games run and play , then can fly and do not start giving the error... In online games he is looking for a list of servers, then the departure of the authors in the main menu.... What to do don't know yet))))

1 hour ago, rlog said:

Good afternoon. I would like to know When will be released a new release of Aurora ? Use the dashboards for a long time, almost from the beginning of the issue. at the moment there are problems with the flights, the sixth version of the Aurora during the games... there is that first, some games run and play , then can fly and do not start giving the error... In online games he is looking for a list of servers, then the departure of the authors in the main menu.... What to do don't know yet))))

Not sure what you are asking here? Are you using trainers, or trying to play on live with a stealth server? If you are trying to use a stealth server, we wont help you, as that isnt something we support. All aurora does is launch games, so issues you are having in game could have to do with trainers, or dashlaunch plugins you might have loaded. Your post is scatterbrained, and hard to decipher.

I ended up passing the VLAN over a wireless link (trunk) and then through the 100Mbit Ethernet (access) connection of the Xbox 360.
NetBios now resolves and the Xbox is able to see the games through the NAS (via ConnectX).

That being said, I would REALLY like it, if we could have 802.1Q (VLAN) support in a future Aurora release. (So that I could possibly eliminate the extra router)
Although I realize that this might be too much of a stretch.. especially if the hardware (Wired/Wireless NIC) of the console doesn't support such functionality.

PS:
I'm a little bit unsure about the folder structure for multi-disc games.
I've read this post here, and went through with the "Situation B" of the article.
Doing this, however, causes the games to be titled "Disc 1/2/3/4" instead of their XeX title.

PS2:
This seems to be related with the connectivity to the Aurora server, as I need to retry updating assets multiple times, to fetch covers and titles.. I'm still not able to get any synopsis or screenshot info.

2 hours ago, Frostbyte said:

I ended up passing the VLAN over a wireless link (trunk) and then through the 100Mbit Ethernet (access) connection of the Xbox 360.
NetBios now resolves and the Xbox is able to see the games through the NAS (via ConnectX).

That being said, I would REALLY like it, if we could have 802.1Q (VLAN) support in a future Aurora release. (So that I could possibly eliminate the extra router)
Although I realize that this might be too much of a stretch.. especially if the hardware (Wired/Wireless NIC) of the console doesn't support such functionality.

PS:
I'm a little bit unsure about the folder structure for multi-disc games.
I've read this post here, and went through with the "Situation B" of the article.
Doing this, however, causes the games to be titled "Disc 1/2/3/4" instead of their XeX title.

PS2:
This seems to be related with the connectivity to the Aurora server, as I need to retry updating assets multiple times, to fetch covers and titles.. I'm still not able to get any synopsis or screenshot info.

1. Having VLAN support on a console doesnt make sense at all. That is something that is on switches, and routers, and if set up properly, you dont need an extra router to resolve NetBIOS. VLAN's are there to change what network ports are assigned to be able to communicate with each other and usually applies to ethernet ports on a switch, like the one in any router. You can use it with wireless, but that will put all wireless on one VLAN, as it does it on a per card basis. Which means if your WIFI card is in master mode, then all devices connected to it could be separated from the devices on the switch, or ethernet ports on the router. Might want to take a class on advanced networking, because what you are describing is wrong on a lot of different levels, just my professional opinion, since this is what I do, when I can find work. That being said, even if we were to try and add support for that to Aurora, which we probably wont, in order to use it, we would have to patch the underlying kernel in the nand to support VLAN's, which I am fairly certain it doesnt. Even running a PC with linux wont support VLAN's, unless the kernel is set up to support VLAN's.

2. You must be doing something wrong, as aurora doesnt pull names of games from the name of the folder it is in, but from the default.xex for the game. I have multiple multi disc games on my console, and have never had this issue, at least for the first disc. some game manufactures didnt put the game name into the discs default.xex after the first disc. In that case, you can either hide the extra discs with the hide multidisc filter, or you can manually rename them, using the game rename feature in aurora. Comes in handy with some games, such as Duke Nukem Forever, which still has its codename(Buckeye) in the xex.

3. This is an issue with the xbox dropping the connection to the server. This could be do to your network configuration, especially if I am understanding what you are doing, or the server load at any given time. I have mentioned on multiple occasions it would be nice if there was a CRC check implemented, especially for title updates, that way if what is downloaded doesnt match what is on the server, it will automatically erase the corrupt files, and try again. WIFI connections are the worst for this. 90% of title updates I have tried downloading while using WIFI on the xbox have been corrupted.

2 hours ago, gavin_darkglider said:

1. Having VLAN support on a console doesnt make sense at all. That is something that is on switches, and routers, and if set up properly, you dont need an extra router to resolve NetBIOS. VLAN's are there to change what network ports are assigned to be able to communicate with each other and usually applies to ethernet ports on a switch, like the one in any router. You can use it with wireless, but that will put all wireless on one VLAN, as it does it on a per card basis. Which means if your WIFI card is in master mode, then all devices connected to it could be separated from the devices on the switch, or ethernet ports on the router. Might want to take a class on advanced networking, because what you are describing is wrong on a lot of different levels, just my professional opinion, since this is what I do, when I can find work. That being said, even if we were to try and add support for that to Aurora, which we probably wont, in order to use it, we would have to patch the underlying kernel in the nand to support VLAN's, which I am fairly certain it doesnt. Even running a PC with linux wont support VLAN's, unless the kernel is set up to support VLAN's.

2. You must be doing something wrong, as aurora doesnt pull names of games from the name of the folder it is in, but from the default.xex for the game. I have multiple multi disc games on my console, and have never had this issue, at least for the first disc. some game manufactures didnt put the game name into the discs default.xex after the first disc. In that case, you can either hide the extra discs with the hide multidisc filter, or you can manually rename them, using the game rename feature in aurora. Comes in handy with some games, such as Duke Nukem Forever, which still has its codename(Buckeye) in the xex.

3. This is an issue with the xbox dropping the connection to the server. This could be do to your network configuration, especially if I am understanding what you are doing, or the server load at any given time. I have mentioned on multiple occasions it would be nice if there was a CRC check implemented, especially for title updates, that way if what is downloaded doesnt match what is on the server, it will automatically erase the corrupt files, and try again. WIFI connections are the worst for this. 90% of title updates I have tried downloading while using WIFI on the xbox have been corrupted.

1) Nah, your opinion is 100% valid. I was just not thinking clearly when I wrote this. I guess the lack of sleep is to blame for this brainfart*.
IIRC you also need a WINS server if you want to resolve the NetBIOS across a different subnet.. which is also a setting not supported by the Xbox.
*I also have a tendency to over-complicate things on first try, so my apologies. I shouldn't be treating a console like a server in the first place.

2) Neat, I didn't know there was such a filter. Much appreciated.
The weird thing in this case is that when Aurora had a chance to update the assets from Unity, it corrected this behavior. (Even for Duke Nukem Forever)
One of my other findings was that you have to disable "livestrong" on dashlaunch, so other stuff like screenshots and synopsis are successfully pulled. (the download counter would drain awfully fast, so I thought something was up with that)

3) What I did notice on this, was that the download counter would get occasionally get stuck. During that time I observed no traffic on the port.
It just seems that Aurora doesn't want to time those out. And the only "safe" option, during my tests, was to shutdown and restart the Xbox.
Attempting to invoke a reboot from the GUI, launching a game, or pressing Y to reload Aurora would always freeze the Xbox.

19 hours ago, Frostbyte said:

1) Nah, your opinion is 100% valid. I was just not thinking clearly when I wrote this. I guess the lack of sleep is to blame for this brainfart*.
IIRC you also need a WINS server if you want to resolve the NetBIOS across a different subnet.. which is also a setting not supported by the Xbox.
*I also have a tendency to over-complicate things on first try, so my apologies. I shouldn't be treating a console like a server in the first place.

2) Neat, I didn't know there was such a filter. Much appreciated.
The weird thing in this case is that when Aurora had a chance to update the assets from Unity, it corrected this behavior. (Even for Duke Nukem Forever)
One of my other findings was that you have to disable "livestrong" on dashlaunch, so other stuff like screenshots and synopsis are successfully pulled. (the download counter would drain awfully fast, so I thought something was up with that)

3) What I did notice on this, was that the download counter would get occasionally get stuck. During that time I observed no traffic on the port.
It just seems that Aurora doesn't want to time those out. And the only "safe" option, during my tests, was to shutdown and restart the Xbox.
Attempting to invoke a reboot from the GUI, launching a game, or pressing Y to reload Aurora would always freeze the Xbox.

1. I am assuming you are using Samba, and not windows for your share for connectX. If this is the case, you can set it up to also run as a WINS server. If you are using windows, I dont think that non server versions include a WINS server, if those even do anymore.

2. Your welcome. As for Unity correcting the behavior, that isnt surprising, as it looks games up in the unity database by TitleID, not name. The livestrong issue makes sense also, since we have said since the beginning that some assets are pulled from live adjacent servers.

3. Copies of the logs of aurora freezing would be helpful to see what is causing this issue for you.

16 hours ago, gavin_darkglider said:

1. I am assuming you are using Samba, and not windows for your share for connectX. If this is the case, you can set it up to also run as a WINS server. If you are using windows, I dont think that non server versions include a WINS server, if those even do anymore.

2. Your welcome. As for Unity correcting the behavior, that isnt surprising, as it looks games up in the unity database by TitleID, not name. The livestrong issue makes sense also, since we have said since the beginning that some assets are pulled from live adjacent servers.

3. Copies of the logs of aurora freezing would be helpful to see what is causing this issue for you.

1) Correct.
2) Also correct. Exactly what I noticed.
3) Good point, I will attempt to reproduce it and supply logs.

2 hours ago, sv000008 said:

I know this has already been asked but I'm asking again. Any idea when 0.7b will be released?

Don't worry, it will be released, ASAP

At this rate sooner rather than later, the devs had to roll back the changes for netISO, which took a bit of time, and due to the nova release, there was some stuff with the FTP server that needed modified, and while the devs were there figured they would fix a bug or 2 that had been around for a couple of years, but was minor. Then there are some fixes for the stuff for the WebUI in the new plugin. It should be soon, but being one of only testers, outside of the devs, that currently has an xbox, and being in the middle of packing my house, mine is in a box, so it might be a couple of weeks. I think there is still some work that needs to be done on the WebUI end, so that might work out well, since I dont know when the final test build will be passed on. Other than that from what I can tell, there are some new graphical elements that are being worked on for XUI stuff..... So, it is getting more attention then it has in about 2 months. We have lives outside of this, and work on it when we can. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/17/2018 at 5:44 AM, gavin_darkglider said:

At this rate sooner rather than later, the devs had to roll back the changes for netISO, which took a bit of time, and due to the nova release, there was some stuff with the FTP server that needed modified, and while the devs were there figured they would fix a bug or 2 that had been around for a couple of years, but was minor. Then there are some fixes for the stuff for the WebUI in the new plugin. It should be soon, but being one of only testers, outside of the devs, that currently has an xbox, and being in the middle of packing my house, mine is in a box, so it might be a couple of weeks. I think there is still some work that needs to be done on the WebUI end, so that might work out well, since I dont know when the final test build will be passed on. Other than that from what I can tell, there are some new graphical elements that are being worked on for XUI stuff..... So, it is getting more attention then it has in about 2 months. We have lives outside of this, and work on it when we can. 

So then no netiso? And possibly never at all then?

From what I can surmise, we will get to see NOVA though.. If it's stable, it's good enough, even if NetISO doesn't make it into this release.

Should you require additional beta testers, I can help you out as well. ;)

We have enough testers for now. People who ask dont get picked. We pick people we think will be benificial to the team in one way or another, and people we trust from their contributions on this forum, who have lots of experience with troubleshooting problems both on the xbox and different software. We also dont generally ask people who want to be testers. As for Nova, yes it will be included, but it is basically the same as what you have had. The major new feature was NetISO, and that is being pushed back. So, other than some modified text, and backend bug fixes, it will be the same experience for the end user.

On 1/21/2018 at 7:00 PM, gavin_darkglider said:

not with this release. probably with 0.8b.

maybe i misread but i thought this could possibly be the last release ever.

50 minutes ago, Syco54645 said:

maybe i misread but i thought this could possibly be the last release ever.

don't think that. Just relax ;)