RealModScene
MaesterRowen

Aurora 0.7b - Feature Preview

A cool thing would be to start a game in a certain language at dawn, it would make it easier for fansub or fandub because in some game we have to go to the xbox settings and change the location to work.
I'm sorry for bad English, I'm using google translator.

I think some smaller releases would be amazing. But can always wait for a big release. The only thing that really does bug me a little is that you don't release any bug fixes for the current version of Aurora before moving on to the next release. When there is a known issue/bug..the response is too bad wait for the next version. I think if you fixed some of these bugs in the current version. You may get less people demanding that you release the next version.

Not sure if the next version of Aurora will have this. But it would be nice to have an option to select what color box a game or app is using and what it should be detected as. Like xexmenu I have installed as a backup dashboard in case I need to fix something. Its uses a green case and get detected as game demo instead of homebrew. Would be nice to change that.

Still love Aurora. Looking forward to the next version. So excited to have an option to enable fakelive on a per game basis instead of having to use dashlaunch to turn it on or off. Thanks for Aurora!

10 hours ago, AmyGrrl said:

I think some smaller releases would be amazing. But can always wait for a big release. The only thing that really does bug me a little is that you don't release any bug fixes for the current version of Aurora before moving on to the next release. When there is a known issue/bug..the response is too bad wait for the next version. I think if you fixed some of these bugs in the current version. You may get less people demanding that you release the next version.

Not sure if the next version of Aurora will have this. But it would be nice to have an option to select what color box a game or app is using and what it should be detected as. Like xexmenu I have installed as a backup dashboard in case I need to fix something. Its uses a green case and get detected as game demo instead of homebrew. Would be nice to change that.

Still love Aurora. Looking forward to the next version. So excited to have an option to enable fakelive on a per game basis instead of having to use dashlaunch to turn it on or off. Thanks for Aurora!

Next version of aurora doesnt have a specific inapp way to modify case color for games; however, you can and have been able to modify case color by modifying the content database.   I believe there is a column called CaseIndex.    0 = green/xbox, 1 = purple,/kinect, 2 = orange/arcade, 3 = blue/indie, 4 = red/index (new in 0.7)

@MaesterRowen not sure if it is possible but after the next release if the future is in fact for Aurora to go stagnant could the code be made opensource at that point? Perhaps uploaded to github. Perhaps some amazing things could be done then and relive the stress on the core team.

• Like 4

good things comes to those who wait

would choose to wait for new features to be implemented first 

version 0.6 is working just fine and without new features we would end up with same release not worth the wait in my opinion

netiso is really cool one

keep up the good work guys

peace

2 hours ago, DrAGoN said:

netiso is really cool one

Having netiso would be fantastic here because then when I have a party I do not have to find a way to distribute a game across all of my consoles. Most just sit idly waiting for parties.

1 hour ago, Syco54645 said:

Having netiso would be fantastic here because then when I have a party I do not have to find a way to distribute a game across all of my consoles. Most just sit idly waiting for parties.

There are things i understand and some don't... NetIso would be a great stuff for sure but an Internal HDD must be still needed for at least TU and DLC although.

Assuming the fact you own a Xbox 360 Jtag\Rgh large capacity HDD's recommended. I don't see the benefit of it, sorry.

46 minutes ago, Blackjack said:

There are things i understand and some don't... NetIso would be a great stuff for sure but an Internal HDD must be still needed for at least TU and DLC although.

Assuming the fact you own a Xbox 360 Jtag\Rgh large capacity HDD's recommended. I don't see the benfit of it, sorry.

Each of my Phats (be it RGH or JTAG) has a hard drive attached on the side. Not every one has a USB hard drive. It is silly to leave one connected to a console that is used only a handful of times a year. Only 2 of my consoles are used on a regular basis. The others are actually backup JTAGs that I did back in the day before RGH existed.

31 minutes ago, Syco54645 said:

Each of my Phats (be it RGH or JTAG) has a hard drive attached on the side.

I never talked about USB HDD. BUT an Internal HDD is still necessary.

52 minutes ago, Syco54645 said:

Only 2 of my consoles are used on a regular basis. The others are actually backup JTAGs that I did back in the day before RGH existed.

Better for you to invest into Dual Nand one's. I have some for sale.

1 hour ago, Blackjack said:

Assuming the fact you own a Xbox 360 Jtag\Rgh large capacity HDD's recommended. I don't see the benefit of it, sorry.

It is great in the fact that you only have to put you games on one machine, and can play them on all of the JTAG/RGH consoles in the house. Less money on HDDs, as you can use a standard sized HDD, or Flash Drive for TU installs, and Aurora and dashlaunch settings. 

9 minutes ago, gavin_darkglider said:

It is great in the fact that you only have to put you games on one machine, and can play them on all of the JTAG/RGH consoles in the house. Less money on HDDs, as you can use a standard sized HDD, or Flash Drive for TU installs, and Aurora and dashlaunch settings. 

Ok thx to answer what about TU and DLC's onto the Network ?

Everything's would be Emulate ?

Flash Drive for TU installs

Hum..Could you explain more plz ? THX

All it does is emulates a disc drive for xbox isos. It is like an ODE, but in software, and attached to the network. Any other files for games would need to be stored on a HDD or other media, just like it would if you were to play on retail consoles with a disc. It is much faster than connectX, and doesnt require you to extract ISO's. As it sits now, you could probably use this to share games outside of your house if you know what you are doing. Example being you have a summer home, with the network there shared with your regular home via vpn, you could connect to your games server remotly, and still play all of your games on that xbox you hardly touch, without having to copy them to this other box. And since it is faster than connectX, you wouldnt be waiting forever. lol. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, gavin_darkglider said:

All it does is emulates a disc drive for xbox isos. It is like an ODE, but in software, and attached to the network.

Gorgeaous feature indeed like the XKey but as i mentioned you still need an Internal HDD thx to Dev ;)

31 minutes ago, gavin_darkglider said:

and doesnt require you to extract ISO's.

ISO's Extracting still benefits to my opinion as you earn at least 2GB from the latter not to mention the deletions of languages. About that why would you convert GOD to ISO i don't get it ?

To my record Minecraft is the winner of waste. 8.7 GB DVD ROM burned to only something about 330 MB useful data ;)

12 minutes ago, gavin_darkglider said:

so you can then extract the data from the god format. i get that isnt needed often, but some games need some mods to work properly on an rgh console.

Oh dude you're wrong about me, really... I hate Cheatears !

I'm on talking, don't be upset, i say what i think, you're Modo delete when you want i'm aware cheers ;)

Oups maybe missunderstood due to my English, sorry if it did...

what? who said anything about cheating? a good example of this is NFS: Rivals, where you have to extract the update that came with the game over the game files if you wanted it to play the game.

4 minutes ago, gavin_darkglider said:

what? who said anything about cheating? a good example of this is NFS: Rivals, where you have to extract the update that came with the game over the game files if you wanted it to play the game.

Yeap that is what i wanted to talk about. Why do you need the GOD extension ?

because netiso mounts god files as well, so you dont have to convert it to extract it, you can mount it, then see all of the files like you inserted the disc.

GOD files are Outdated onto a JTAG\RGH. No interest. Some softs on the Xbox 360 are outdated like ISO2GOD\GOD2ISO\XM360....

It always states to my point of view ;)

3 hours ago, Blackjack said:

I never talked about USB HDD. BUT an Internal HDD is still necessary.

Better for you to invest into Dual Nand one's. I have some for sale.

I actually did not mention a hard drive  at all  I figured it was a given that any jtag/rgh Xbox has a hdd attached. I store my games on a usb hdd. Further I don't need a large hard drive on my spare boxes. They are used a few times a year and only used for whole house Halo. I am fine with just a 20gig.

Why do I need dual nand? These are spares that I installed jtag on myself. If I wanted dual nand I am more than capable to set it up but I see no reason to do it. I was buying nes games for a quarter and swapping out the roms for eproms nearly 20 years ago. 

3 hours ago, gavin_darkglider said:

How many Xboxes can stream from netiso at once? I hope it her there is a Linux version of the server or it is opensource. Would love to get it sorted so I can run it on my nas system.

1 minute ago, Syco54645 said:

How many Xboxes can stream from netiso at once? I hope it her there is a Linux version of the server or it is opensource. Would love to get it sorted so I can run it on my nas system.

As of this moment, I dont know if anyone has tested more than one console from netIso, I know I havnt, as I only have one modded console at the moment. There is hope for a linux version of the server, but it wont be until after it is released, as the server should be released with the code, so it can be ported to other OS's. As far as your nas system goes, that depends on your nas system. If you can create and install packages for/on your nas it shouldnt be much of a problem. You could probably even use a raspberrypi for this as well, if your nas doesnt allow custom package installs. You still have to wait until it is ported though.

25 minutes ago, gavin_darkglider said:

As of this moment, I dont know if anyone has tested more than one console from netIso, I know I havnt, as I only have one modded console at the moment. There is hope for a linux version of the server, but it wont be until after it is released, as the server should be released with the code, so it can be ported to other OS's. As far as your nas system goes, that depends on your nas system. If you can create and install packages for/on your nas it shouldnt be much of a problem. You could probably even use a raspberrypi for this as well, if your nas doesnt allow custom package installs. You still have to wait until it is ported though.

The nas is a dual xeon running one of the Linux based nas OS's. It has docker support so I can run pretty much anything I want on it quite easily, and I do. Would love it if someone could test netiso with multiple consoles. Even if it can only support one console could run multiple instances via docker (provided someone ports to *nix) and just point to the same iso.

Great news team. Would be nice to run from netiso and free up another hdd. Already saving a ton of space on my blueray games from PS3netsrv on NAS. If not, no worries, Aurora already made my xbox great.

23 hours ago, Syco54645 said:

The nas is a dual xeon running one of the Linux based nas OS's. It has docker support so I can run pretty much anything I want on it quite easily, and I do. Would love it if someone could test netiso with multiple consoles. Even if it can only support one console could run multiple instances via docker (provided someone ports to *nix) and just point to the same iso.

NetISO server is designed to connect with more than one console simultaneously.   You can even stream the same game at the same time on both consoles with the obvious side effect of the game running slower cause the seeking is jumping all over the place between multiple consoles.

That said, it hasnt been physically tested yet- but in theory, it should work just fine.

Also yes, we will be releasing the netiso server source code with the hopes that people will be able to port it to other systems and to add features to it, optimize it, etc.   Currently, it is written in C# >.>.