RealModScene
MaesterRowen

Aurora 0.7b - Feature Preview

On 11/4/2017 at 7:06 PM, edilima said:

Thanks a lot. You mentioned a key word: Multidisc + ConnectX. That word should be in my question. So, yeah. My question was related to whether or not multidisc games will work with ConnectX in Aurora 0.7b. Thanks a lot.

Multidisc handling works with connectX in 0.6b if your folder structure is correct, so yes it will still work in 0.7b.

20 hours ago, gavin_darkglider said:

Multidisc handling works with connectX in 0.6b if your folder structure is correct, so yes it will still work in 0.7b.

This states different: 

This is my most anticipated fix which I hope will be addressed in 0.7b.

anyways, love your work! you guys alone keeps the 360 alive.

• Like 2

How about this for a forecast date...... The second tuesday after never if people dont stop asking when it will be finished. As I have said, there are a lot of moving parts in this. People have jobs, and families that come first. Then there is the impedance that we all live all in different countries, and are all working on a small piece of the whole. Then there is the testing, and everything else that goes into it. Asking us to tell you when it is going to be done is like asking us to tell you when the apocalypse will happen. Here is the answer, when we feel it is ready for public consumption and not a day sooner. If you arent happy with that answer, then we dont have to release it at all, and aurora can end for the public with 0.6b. The real question here is what do you think you are going to get with 0.7b, that you dont have with 0.6b? Sure it has some cool new features, but in reality, I have both, and am still using 0.6b as my main dash on my console, because 0.7b isnt ready to replace it. How about this, I can send you a version that crashes every time you start it. Or do you want the version that crashes 95% of the time when you press a button on the controller? If not, learn to be patient, and wait like everyone else.

• Like 2

I get the annoyance of always beeing asked that same question. it seems as it is the one thing all software developers have to handle, my take would be, delete the posts/text and replace it with a link *question already answered* sort of. save you having to answer it over and over again. also saves us from reading it and perhaps shows others that it’s an unwanted behaviour.

though answering one of your questions posed above would be connectx with multidisc, that feature i’m actually longing for. or have I missed that it is actually working in 0.6b?

i’m working on a aurora-script that syncs saves to connectx for our multiple xboxes in the home, once I finish that and I get aurora to work with multidisc over conX my life is complete.

as can’t be said enough, your work is amazing and please don’t let comments like above put you off.

19 hours ago, r34l said:

I get the annoyance of always beeing asked that same question. it seems as it is the one thing all software developers have to handle, my take would be, delete the posts/text and replace it with a link *question already answered* sort of. save you having to answer it over and over again. also saves us from reading it and perhaps shows others that it’s an unwanted behaviour.

though answering one of your questions posed above would be connectx with multidisc, that feature i’m actually longing for. or have I missed that it is actually working in 0.6b?

i’m working on a aurora-script that syncs saves to connectx for our multiple xboxes in the home, once I finish that and I get aurora to work with multidisc over conX my life is complete.

as can’t be said enough, your work is amazing and please don’t let comments like above put you off.

How about this nifty lil piece of the pie, connectx is outdated.. maybe, just maybe, the team is brewing up something, and thats why your question isnt being answered? Stop looking to the past for your answers, the future holds mystical things... just wait :-)

38 minutes ago, felida said:

How about this nifty lil piece of the pie, connectx is outdated.. maybe, just maybe, the team is brewing up something, and thats why your question isnt being answered? Stop looking to the past for your answers, the future holds mystical things... just wait :-)

Or maybe the problem has already been looked into and fixed.

3 minutes ago, gavin_darkglider said:

Or maybe the problem has already been looked into and fixed.

sounds good, thanks gavin

@felida connectx might be outdated but what choices exists? sorry for not beeing up to date with undisclosed features ;-)

I have no trouble waiting I only thought I had missed that it had been fixed in 0.6b

I won’t bring it up again... :-)

Cheers!

What he is talking about isnt going to replace connectX for most users, but might replace it for others, and there are some things that connectX can do, that this can not, due to how it works, or I should say at least not at this time. So, ConnectX isnt going anywhere anytime soon, and he shouldnt have mentioned what he did, even in the way he did, as that is still in early testing, and may or may not be included with the Nova release, if and when that comes. That being said, there will be no more details on this mentioned, as you already know more than you should at this point in time, and it isnt our place to tell you about it, which is why it wasnt mentioned previously. I am only commenting on this, as you cant put a genie back into a bottle, once it is out, and now everyone who reads this will start speculating on what he is talking about.

9 hours ago, gavin_darkglider said:

What he is talking about isnt going to replace connectX for most users, but might replace it for others, and there are some things that connectX can do, that this can not, due to how it works, or I should say at least not at this time. So, ConnectX isnt going anywhere anytime soon, and he shouldnt have mentioned what he did, even in the way he did, as that is still in early testing, and may or may not be included with the Nova release, if and when that comes. That being said, there will be no more details on this mentioned, as you already know more than you should at this point in time, and it isnt our place to tell you about it, which is why it wasnt mentioned previously. I am only commenting on this, as you cant put a genie back into a bottle, once it is out, and now everyone who reads this will start speculating on what he is talking about.

To be honest, i didnt recall if something was being done specifically for connectx via team phoenix.. as i did hear some hear say from old peeps at XyZ lol.. but who knows on that front.. but yeah mate

Hi, I'm kinda new to this.

I watched the video in the post and i love the new features that will be added to Aurora 0.7b. I just want to find out, when will Aurora 0.7b be released?

2 hours ago, Lukemakes said:

I watched the video in the post and i love the new features that will be added to Aurora 0.7b. I just want to find out, when will Aurora 0.7b be released?

Going by some of the recent post's in this thread, I'd estimate around the 34th of Decembuary this/next year. Dont quote me on that though... Just a estimate.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lukemakes said:

This has been answered on this page of this thread already, and probably about 20+ times throughout the thread.

• Thanks 2

Vamos nos acalmar! A ansiedade é grande mas um dia sai a Aurora 0.7b! Bom trabalho ao pessoal envolvido com o projeto! Pois com grandes funcionabilidades necessitam grandes mentes!!!! 

2 hours ago, Rovany said:

Vamos nos acalmar! A ansiedade é grande mas um dia sai a Aurora 0.7b! Bom trabalho ao pessoal envolvido com o projeto! Pois com grandes funcionabilidades necessitam grandes mentes!!!! 

obrigado por postar comentários. Você também terá que postar a tradução em inglês

Google translate: Thank you for posting a comment. you'll have to post an english translation as well

Google translate: Let's calm down! The anxiety is great but one day it leaves Aurora 0.7b! Good job to the staff involved with the project! Because with great functions they need great minds !!!!

• Like 2

On 03/05/2017 at 1:11 AM, Swizzy said:

Thanks, but we already have translators for both german and spanish, if they're not able to translate the new version we'll contact you about it :)

I am available to translate to portuguese brazilian whenever you want

On 06/11/2017 at 5:44 PM, gavin_darkglider said:

No no no. Big fat no. Definitely multidisc games don´t work in aurora 0.6b if the games are accessed through ConnectX, even if the folder structure is organized as it should be.

Multidisc games only work with aurora 0.6n  if the game files and folders are stored either on internal or external usb hard drive. Never on network through ConnectX.

Hello everyone!

I don't normally chime on the forums directly related to releases, but I know this release has gone on longer than expected and a lot of people are growing impatient.   As usual our real life commitments are all over the place as of late- some of us had kids, some of us had new opportunities at the day job, and other events like these that are keeping us from spending as much time as we had liked.

The Aurora 0.7 release is waiting on completion on a few things.   Since the preview video, we added HTTPS support to our HTTP Downloader and began reworking Freestyle Plugin which will initially be rebranded as Nova and eventually (i say eventually, but these releases are getting further and further apart, so we'll see how that plays out) reworked to a whole new plugin (one you saw in our nova teasers).

With the reworking of the Freestyle Plugin, we had to rebrand all of the references to Freestyle and change to Nova, we fixed a lot of the outstanding bugs that we couldnt fix due to Repo and versioning conflicts that FSP brought along with it, and rework the WebUI.    Also, because of this rebranding, we have to drop support of FSP completely from Aurora, meaning there was some rework in Aurora as well to support this (FSP plugin will still work in earlier versions of Aurora and in Freestyle Dash; however, Nova will not work in those older versions).

The biggest change to NOVA is the addition of a new feature called NetISO.  Proof of concept was developed by cOz and shared with us to implement into Aurora and NOVA.  Essentially what it does is allows someone to run our NetISO server on a local networked PC that serves and manages .iso files to NOVA.   NOVA would emulate that ISO as a disc in the DVD drive.  We were able to get this working with SVOD/GOD and ISO games and are able to stream these over our LAN using this new system.   Obviously this is a huge feature that has a lot of potential for issues that we are working through.

All that said, I really want to get this release out as its been sitting for so long, so i wanted to see what the general opinion is to rolling back some of the Nova changes, namely the WebUI and the NetISO feature in the interest of getting the release out.   WebUI would be a simple reskin instead of a full refresh and NetISO would be disabled.

Obviously, this has the risk of those other changes coming out far into the future, if ever.

Debate and let me know what everyone wants!

Thanks!

It might be redundant, as I already have these features you are speaking of, and aurora 0.7, but I have no problem waiting for them to be completed. That being said, it is almost Christmas, so it would be a nice present for the community. ;)

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, MaesterRowen said:

Hello everyone!

I don't normally chime on the forums directly related to releases, but I know this release has gone on longer than expected and a lot of people are growing impatient.   As usual our real life commitments are all over the place as of late- some of us had kids, some of us had new opportunities at the day job, and other events like these that are keeping us from spending as much time as we had liked.

The Aurora 0.7 release is waiting on completion on a few things.   Since the preview video, we added HTTPS support to our HTTP Downloader and began reworking Freestyle Plugin which will initially be rebranded as Nova and eventually (i say eventually, but these releases are getting further and further apart, so we'll see how that plays out) reworked to a whole new plugin (one you saw in our nova teasers).

With the reworking of the Freestyle Plugin, we had to rebrand all of the references to Freestyle and change to Nova, we fixed a lot of the outstanding bugs that we couldnt fix due to Repo and versioning conflicts that FSP brought along with it, and rework the WebUI.    Also, because of this rebranding, we have to drop support of FSP completely from Aurora, meaning there was some rework in Aurora as well to support this (FSP plugin will still work in earlier versions of Aurora and in Freestyle Dash; however, Nova will not work in those older versions).

The biggest change to NOVA is the addition of a new feature called NetISO.  Proof of concept was developed by cOz and shared with us to implement into Aurora and NOVA.  Essentially what it does is allows someone to run our NetISO server on a local networked PC that serves and manages .iso files to NOVA.   NOVA would emulate that ISO as a disc in the DVD drive.  We were able to get this working with SVOD/GOD and ISO games and are able to stream these over our LAN using this new system.   Obviously this is a huge feature that has a lot of potential for issues that we are working through.

All that said, I really want to get this release out as its been sitting for so long, so i wanted to see what the general opinion is to rolling back some of the Nova changes, namely the WebUI and the NetISO feature in the interest of getting the release out.   WebUI would be a simple reskin instead of a full refresh and NetISO would be disabled.

Obviously, this has the risk of those other changes coming out far into the future, if ever.

Debate and let me know what everyone wants!

Thanks!

that good to know how things are going around, I thought a lot and for me I choose to webui, with its new encryption HTTPS instead of NETiso since I have all my games in my HD and would not need said, conect x is similar and does well work ,. Thank you all and have a Merry Christmas!?

• Like 2

I'm a believer in the "release early, release often" mantra, so I vote for a release soon, even if not all new features are implemented.

ConnectX is similar in a way, but NetISO kicks the shit out of ConnectX as far as loading times go. If using a wired network connection, it is as fast as loading off the hard drive. The main issues I found with it were things like the server "soft crashing" if the network connection dropped, and if you "eject" the iso, and there is a game in the drive it would launch the game in the drive, but if you are using an svod, it would dump you back at NXE. The server crash issue isnt actually a crash, you just cant connect to it again until you restart it, but the program is still running. Also, I only had one Jtag to test with, so it might not handle multiple sockets from different xboxes very well. In that sense alone, I think it would be good to get an initial release out to the community to help track some of these bugs down. As for the new WebUI, even the testers havnt gotten that yet to test, but even when I was running FSD, it was a feature I didnt really use, outside of the smart glass like app that was created for phones that worked with it, and even that I only played with because it was a cool concept, but didnt really do much for me. Then again, this is coming from the guy who wrote the cheat manager for the emulators just to see if I could get game genie codes to work with the retro arch cores for aurora, then never actually used the codes while playing any of the games outside testing the app that generates the files. It was more of an interesting project, then an I want to cheat thing. My niece and nephew like the codes though, so that is good I guess. lol. That being said, that app has gotten alot of downloads since I released it, even though I never actually finished adding support for the rest of the emulators out there, so I am happy it was useful for someone. I kind of figured someone else would have picked up the project, and continued it. There was a lot of interest in the code, which I released, then nothing ever came of it, at least that I know of. lol. Wow.... That last part was way off topic.

I only run one console in my home and therefore don't use my network for loading games.  However, having a rock solid way to do so would be awesome and would also mean that I could transfer my games list back to my fully backed up rig....

That's a rock and a hard place for me!  But I'm dying to see the rest of the features in action, so I guess I'm leaning toward an early release, but just barely.

20 minutes ago, gavin_darkglider said:

ConnectX is similar in a way, but NetISO kicks the shit out of ConnectX as far as loading times go. If using a wired network connection, it is as fast as loading off the hard drive. The main issues I found with it were things like the server "soft crashing" if the network connection dropped, and if you "eject" the iso, and there is a game in the drive it would launch the game in the drive, but if you are using an svod, it would dump you back at NXE. The server crash issue isnt actually a crash, you just cant connect to it again until you restart it, but the program is still running. Also, I only had one Jtag to test with, so it might not handle multiple sockets from different xboxes very well. In that sense alone, I think it would be good to get an initial release out to the community to help track some of these bugs down. As for the new WebUI, even the testers havnt gotten that yet to test, but even when I was running FSD, it was a feature I didnt really use, outside of the smart glass like app that was created for phones that worked with it, and even that I only played with because it was a cool concept, but didnt really do much for me. Then again, this is coming from the guy who wrote the cheat manager for the emulators just to see if I could get game genie codes to work with the retro arch cores for aurora, then never actually used the codes while playing any of the games outside testing the app that generates the files. It was more of an interesting project, then an I want to cheat thing. My niece and nephew like the codes though, so that is good I guess. lol. That being said, that app has gotten alot of downloads since I released it, even though I never actually finished adding support for the rest of the emulators out there, so I am happy it was useful for someone. I kind of figured someone else would have picked up the project, and continued it. There was a lot of interest in the code, which I released, then nothing ever came of it, at least that I know of. lol. Wow.... That last part was way off topic.

if webui has not been tested yet will this probably lead to aurora being released next year?

or will it be tested by the community?

webui hasnt been finished yet. 0.7b and nova can be released without it. the version of webui with aurora currently doesnt work, and it hasnt stopped the previous releases.