RealModScene
MaesterRowen

Aurora 0.7b - Feature Preview

24 minutes ago, Nurulez said:

Any News About The Release Date ?

It will be released when it's ready to be released, just like always, asking for a release date won't make it any faster...

Yes, it has been said 1000+ times, and it is even posted on this page...... The magic answer when the dev team, and the testers feel it is ready. There are a lot of new features going into this build, some of which are shown in the video in the beginning of this thread, while others are still secret. The "Secret" Feature, which, if you ask me is probably the coolest so far, still needs a lot of testing, both on the xbox side, and the PC side of things. Never fear though, this will be the best release yet, and from what I can tell, when this is finished, you will understand the wait.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gavin_darkglider said:

Yes, it has been said 1000+ times, and it is even posted on this page...... The magic answer when the dev team, and the testers feel it is ready. There are a lot of new features going into this build, some of which are shown in the video in the beginning of this thread, while others are still secret. The "Secret" Feature, which, if you ask me is probably the coolest so far, still needs a lot of testing, both on the xbox side, and the PC side of things. Never fear though, this will be the best release yet, and from what I can tell, when this is finished, you will understand the wait.

It's stuff like this that should calm the nerves of the entire scene. Patience grasshoppa, for the Phoenix will surely rise.

I

23 minutes ago, dreamboy said:

Hi guys how are you going? i was thinking for a while.. if you guys are planning to add achievment unlocker on later releases? since some games achievements required xbox live gameplay to unlock, it would be nice if we could unlock them those specific ones since jtag/rgh cant access live. i know i can unlock all of them on pc at once, but if you're a game completionist you'll only want to unlock those after you unlock the default offline ones.

Thanks for all hard work ;) have a great day

I will add it to the list of feature requests for 0.8+. I was chatting with Maester Rowen today, and it seemed like they are running out of feature ideas for after 0.7b, so 0.8+ will mainly be minor fixes. The good news there is that means that a bunch more time will go into the development of Link V2, and Nova, SMBDLL, and possibly some other add on features. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Will it be possible with Link V2, and Nova to run games that require access to xbox live like the game: Destiny?

3 minutes ago, lilia said:

Will it be possible with Link V2, and Nova to run games that require access to xbox live like the game: Destiny?

No, This will never be possible. I have explained why on multiple threads over the years.

I already imagined this answer but I wanted to be sure it was so, but this thing is not so important to me, the thing that matters to me and hope for a shorter release, you guys are big thank you :bow:

55 minutes ago, lilia said:

I already imagined this answer but I wanted to be sure it was so, but this thing is not so important to me, the thing that matters to me and hope for a shorter release, you guys are big thank you :bow:

There are 5 active developers in team phoenix, and all of them have lives, and day jobs, families, and other concerns. On top of that, then you have the testing team, which also have the same issues, and then once the developers, and the testers are happy with the build, it gets passed on to the localization team, that does all of the translations, and they have their own life issues. I think you can see where I am going with this. Aurora is a hobby. We all work on it when we have the chance, but trying to say there will be shorter releases, is like saying we are going to colonize mars in the next 10 years, or we will have flying cars by 2018. We are a bunch of like minded people, who share a passion for hacking, modding, coding, etc. We live all over the world, which also complicates things, as for some of us when we get together to chat about what needs to be done or how to do it, it is 4 in the afternoon, and others it is 4 in the morning. We are not a payed organization, with thousands of man hours going into a project(Basically any game company you can think of). Here is a decent example. Duke Nukem Forever had 1000+ people working on it for over 10 years, before the public ever heard of it. Call of Duty Black Ops was in development for 5 years with over 1000 people working on it. These people were getting payed 8 hour days, specifically to do these jobs, and it still took 5 to 10 years. The only difference here, is we dont get payed, we have less than 2% of the people they have working on their projects, and we release versions to the public, before the final build(What ever version the developers are happy with, and consider it a finalized project). On top of that, they are hosting servers online out of their pockets, as I am betting the donate button is only hit by a 5th of the user base, and all of that money pretty much goes to keeping link going, XboxUnity, and this site on the internet.

So next time you think to say something off handed, like the thing I hope for is a shorter release, maybe you should look at it from all the angles. As it sits, with the way the developers are telling me they feel about the project, there isnt much more to do for Aurora, so after 0.8b, which hasnt been started, as 0.7b is still being tested, and somethings are still being finished, there is going to be a shift towards finishing up Nova, Linkv2, SMBDLL, Shutting down LinkV1, and the server side stuff for replacing it with V2, etc. Any releases after that I would imagine to be minor bug fixes, maybe some expansions to the LUA scripting language, or minor changes due to Nova features, and being able to adjust the settings for such things in Aurora. This last part is an opinion based upon conversations I have had with the developers, and was never explicitly said by any of them.

İ recommend to filter all the suggestions which arent finished yet, to have an overview of all features whats left.

There are plenty of things which still can be implemented to make aurora better. More flexibility on utility scripts is one point on the list.

And for Nova you will also need much more time. There is hopefully many things to do to keep this project alive. 

9 hours ago, saywaking said:

İ recommend to filter all the suggestions which arent finished yet, to have an overview of all features whats left.

There are plenty of things which still can be implemented to make aurora better. More flexibility on utility scripts is one point on the list.

And for Nova you will also need much more time. There is hopefully many things to do to keep this project alive. 

The Utility scripts are not as big of deal to the developers as the other new features, and getting them to work properly. There are some bug fixes there for them in 0.7b, and some other ideas added for after 0.7b in that department, but since it most of the community doesnt know the first thing about writing code, it isnt huge on the list. Nova on the other hand, is alive and well, and there is some really exciting things coming with it, that are in the works, but not quite ready for the public. Also, your idea of what will make aurora better, and the developers idea of what will make aurora better, might be 2 completely different things. lol. I am not saying that things wont become more appearant oncy scripe 0.7b is released, just at this point, the team is pretty happy with where this portion of the project is at. After this release, the only things that will be missing, as far as I am concerned are possibly an achievement editor, and auto scan for TU updates/download feature. With everything in 0.7b, that should pretty much make it a completed project. I did, jokingly, suggest at one point in time DirectX libraries for lua, but MaesterRowen shot that down, due to the general lack of Utility script development.

18 hours ago, saywaking said:

here's the thing, if the dev team lists stuff, and what not, then people would STILL bitch, complain, whine, and trip out that their idea isn't included.

i dont see anyone else coming out with their own "dashboard" or anything, but yet people still complain that 0.7 is taking too long, ect. 

more flexibility on the scripts is an idea, but someone could write a dashlaunch plug-in that does the same thing.. yet do you see one??

someone could write a dashlauch plugin that allows chatting, using mics all the time, or something else.. yet no one does... hrmmmm

On 23/08/2017 at 6:12 PM, gavin_darkglider said:

Aurora is written in Visual C++. like all non XNA based xbox 360 apps. You dont get a lot of choice there. There is a reason the source is closed also. The Dev team doesnt want 10 different ports of aurora out there, and when one of them has issues, that isnt the official one, have people complaining at them about it. As far as information sharing goes, Team Phoenix does share information all the time about the project, when there is something to report..... Back in the day they released FSD2.2 source code, due to the fact they didnt have the permission from all of the devs to release their code, it wont build, as it is missing files that need to be recreated. Even then, no one picked it up. There are very few people who are interested in programming for this platform, considering the archetecture barriers, and the API lock down to XDK.

Although I respect the developers wishes whether or not to go closed source or open source, I do wish the source was open. I doubt there really would be multiple forks out there causing confusion - as you say, there are limited people out there who do Xbox developing.

But open-source means projects can live on when their creators lose interest, and can encourage a release-early-release-often model, where new features are introduced in minor releases rather than waiting for lots of features in a new major version. Open source is the norm in the 3DS scene, and progress there has been rapid.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 01/09/2017 at 9:48 AM, salah.rgh2 said:

Quando estiver pronto ...

Boa resposta kkkkk ( nice answer  kkkkk)

Hi plz put trainers dowload databass plzzzzz  .... example (DOWload  trainers direct in aurora 0.7b )

Edited by zonemo001

52 minutes ago, zonemo001 said:

Hi plz put trainers dowload databass plzzzzz  .... example (DOWload  trainers direct in aurora 0.7b )

That should be a Xboxunity Service.

5 hours ago, pelago said:

Although I respect the developers wishes whether or not to go closed source or open source, I do wish the source was open. I doubt there really would be multiple forks out there causing confusion - as you say, there are limited people out there who do Xbox developing.

But open-source means projects can live on when their creators lose interest, and can encourage a release-early-release-often model, where new features are introduced in minor releases rather than waiting for lots of features in a new major version. Open source is the norm in the 3DS scene, and progress there has been rapid.

These are the minor releases. lol. We havnt even gotten to 1.0 That being said, I get what you are saying, I love opensource, big supporter of linux. It isnt up to me, but the developers might release the source when they "loose interest" in the project. As for the model you are talking about, it takes time when you are a small dev team, and are working on donations. All I do know is that people asking them to do it, wont make them change their minds. ;)

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, gavin_darkglider said:

These are the minor releases. lol. We havnt even gotten to 1.0 That being said, I get what you are saying, I love opensource, big supporter of linux. It isnt up to me, but the developers might release the source when they "loose interest" in the project. As for the model you are talking about, it takes time when you are a small dev team, and are working on donations. All I do know is that people asking them to do it, wont make them change their minds. ;)

I realise these are 0.1 releases, but I was considering them "major" as they are quite far apart and have quite a lot of new features in each. I was advocating maybe four or six releases a year, with just one or two new features in each. Same number of new features per year, just drip-fed.

I realise, though, that some things are connected and features A, B and C can't be released until feature D is completed. I also appreciate that this might be more work. But frequent, smaller, releases can be a good way to get rapid feedback.

All the best to the developers.

3 hours ago, pelago said:

I realise these are 0.1 releases, but I was considering them "major" as they are quite far apart and have quite a lot of new features in each. I was advocating maybe four or six releases a year, with just one or two new features in each. Same number of new features per year, just drip-fed.

I realise, though, that some things are connected and features A, B and C can't be released until feature D is completed. I also appreciate that this might be more work. But frequent, smaller, releases can be a good way to get rapid feedback.

All the best to the developers.

We do have frequent smaller releases. For the devs and the testers. I have 9 or 10 different versions of 0.7b. Some of them even crash when you load them, one of them screwed up my database from a previous version of 0.7b. Due to issues like this, they dont do minor releases. The fact is they have to make sure the update process is smooth for all users, and putting a test build out, because people want stuff faster might cause more issues for the community, then the impatience the community has when we say that we will make the update process easy, and the builds stable.

thanks crew for your job on 7.0b :respect:

i want to ask a question does 0.6 MAINTHEME gone a work on 0.7 version ?

Does we have a beta version i might help ?

mad props that you guys are still showing love to the 360. I caved in a few months ago and got the One S.. 

Always fun to whip out the old console every now and then