RealModScene
MaesterRowen

Aurora 0.7b - Feature Preview

On 4/18/2017 at 0:00 AM, MaesterRowen said:

Hello everyone,

We know it's been a long length of time since the last update; but we are getting closer!   Instead of putting together a detailed preview post with images and text descriptions, I instead opted to make a MovieMaker video showing a preview of the features.

While I realize the video isn't great, hopefully it does its job to convey what we are looking to include as part of Aurora 0.7b.

We appreciate your support and hope you look forward to the next release!

Donations:
If you like what we're doing here, feel free to buy us a virtual beer or something!
btn_donate_LG.gif

Thanks!

Looks fucking awesome, I'm very excited for this! Now we just need to be able to customize the menu coloring. That'll be wicked! Especially for me, as I want to make it dark (Easier on my eyes at night/dark) Thank you guys for your dedication!

On 7/28/2017 at 4:36 AM, faucolt said:

Funny. Again a lot of features. But again you doin it wrong. Many new features in sneak peak just few days after last Aurora update. We need again to wait 2 years to get it?

Can we just ban people who speak from their ass like this? Criticism is one thing, but shit like this pisses me off.

On 7/28/2017 at 4:47 PM, WiseOldTroll said:

@ faucolt

We/YOU are getting this for FREE, but you complain and tell them that they are 'doing it wrong' ??  You should be happy that Aurora is being updated AT ALL, and has not been abandoned.

Some people.. should not be allowed to breathe the same air..

(just my 2 cents)

At least someone understands what I'm talking about. Thank you!!!

Aurora and the freestyle plugin can be changed already. This is called themes. I will say I played with this on the plugin side back when I was figuring out how to theme the skins.... Long story there, it is documented on the forums here somewhere, but it doesnt look great, and only effects the hud where the files are different. As for aurora itself, with some time, and XUItool from the XDK, you can make it look however you want, to a degree, but color changes should be easy enough. 

47 minutes ago, XxELBOSSxX said:

Whit what version of Aurora Link V2 will getout?

I can say this, it wont be with 0.7b...... Sorry, but there is still a lot to be done pertaining to Nova development. Link V2 isnt just a plugin, it is also a whole new server implementation. Like I said before, this is a major project being worked on in peoples free time. The developer and testers have day jobs, and families to contend with also. Hince the super long wait for 0.6b. MaesterRowen was dealing with some other issues, that had nothing to do with aurora, so the project got put on hold. 0.7b is sort of in a holding pattern at the moment. There are 2 major features that need to be finished, then tested, then potentially fixed, before it will be ready..... Assuming that the dev team is happy with the end results.

• Like 2

On 4-8-2017 at 3:17 PM, Petka12345 said:

Hmm, im work with SMB plug in fsd 3, moding many games files, good work, did not notice broken files. The main feature is quick access to drive. Quick mod - copy and play.

There is certainly an alternative, through XBDM and Neighborhood, but its slow and check CRC... And not acces to view - mod file, need copy to pc and view in hex e.t.c...   

Sorry for eng if so.

When you overwrite with a file smaller than the original file, the file is not shrunk. The data of the old file remains at the end. So overwiting a txt file containing "Hello world" with "Hi world", you will end up with a file that contains "Hi worldrld". For some files this doesn't break anything, others will no longer work (for example xex files)

In this release, can you put a video audio startup logo? guy:

Cattura.PNG

It would be great to turn on my xbox directly with aurora with a boot like this

18 hours ago, lilia said:

In this release, can you put a video audio startup logo? guy:

Cattura.PNG

It would be great to turn on my xbox directly with aurora with a boot like this

This is already possible with fakeanime

I know I can do it with fakeanime, but it would be nice to put this feature in aurora

• Thanks 1

There are already integrations  with dashlaunch in Aurora. I don't know how much further Dashlaunch will be integrated.

On 8/14/2017 at 2:34 PM, saywaking said:

There are already integrations  with dashlaunch in Aurora. I don't know how much further Dashlaunch will be integrated.

In 0.7b, you will be able to set custom dashlaunch preferences per game. So, a lot further than it already is. As far as fakeanim goes, it wont be included in aurora at all, or at the very least not in aurora 0.7b. There are constraints on how much can be added to the app, hince why they removed Xbox Invaders from 0.7b, and released it as a standalone app.

It does not matter a delay since it is very well done as as predecessors your work has always been very well done and I believe that with 0.7b will not be different :goodjob:

You can take a look in the upcomming Aurora 0.7b Changelog/Readme, where all new Features & Changes are listed, If it has been published

44 minutes ago, Dr.Gonzo said:

You can take a look in the upcomming Aurora 0.7b Changelog/Readme, where all new Features & Changes are listed, If it has been published

The only thing that has been officially published is the video at the beginning of this thread. The video is missing some of the new features also, as new features have been added since the video came out.

If you had follow these thread clossley in the past, gavin_darkgilder and others have talked  a little bit  about some upcomming features & fixes. But the staff will not publish a complete Feature list, bevor Aurora 0.7b is released. You have to see the positive things, the greatest pleasure lies in the anticipation :thumbsu:

1 hour ago, XxELBOSSxX said:

So I can not see what the new update brings until it's liberated?

Lets put it this way..... I am on the team, and I dont know what is coming until I am asked to test it most of the time.

3 hours ago, beatbrot said:

Hey :) Just a general question: Why is the development of Aurora so closed down? We really don't know much about it. The source is closed, not too much information is disclosed, heck, we don't even know which programming language is used for Aurora. This makes it really hard, if not impossible to contribute and in my opinion, slows down development drastically. As it was said multiple times: Devs have RL, and Aurora is not their no 1 priority. However, if you'd allow contributions from outside, it would easily be possible for other Devs to pick up development. 

Also: You don't make Aurora for the money anyways, so what can you loose? And as @gavin_darkglider said, hacking is also about disclosing information

Aurora is written in Visual C++. like all non XNA based xbox 360 apps. You dont get a lot of choice there. There is a reason the source is closed also. The Dev team doesnt want 10 different ports of aurora out there, and when one of them has issues, that isnt the official one, have people complaining at them about it. As far as information sharing goes, Team Phoenix does share information all the time about the project, when there is something to report..... Back in the day they released FSD2.2 source code, due to the fact they didnt have the permission from all of the devs to release their code, it wont build, as it is missing files that need to be recreated. Even then, no one picked it up. There are very few people who are interested in programming for this platform, considering the archetecture barriers, and the API lock down to XDK.

When I said hacking is about sharing information, I didnt mean that they should opensource the code. If you have ever gone to a real hacking convention(Defcon, BlackHat, ToorCamp, etc) you will notice there are a lot of examples, and information about the reverse engineering of stuff, but the actual code used to pull this stuff off isnt shared 99% of the time, or is modified in a way that it wont actually work with out modification. A great example of this is Sammy Kamkar's OpenSesame hack. https://github.com/samyk/opensesame In the readme, it specifically states that the code has been bricked on purpose.

If you want to help develop Aurora, on a code based level, write something useful for the xbox 360, and maybe they will give you a spot on the team, or ask if they can include your project in aurora. Media center libraries would be cool. I do know Ro has been talking about porting an MP3 library that can be accessed using LUA scripting, so potentially you can use LUA Scripting to make a front end for an MP3 player, but since there are tons of unsupported media types, if someone were to port a newer FFMPEG, only available version for the 360 is from like 2012, and is buggy,  then maybe that could be used in aurora, and you could get credit there for your work. That is pretty much what happened with XYZ trainer engine. Ok it is a little more complicated than that, but the trainer engine was originally going to be a stand alone app, from another team, then the teams got together, and built it into aurora.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2