RealModScene
zathoraus

Content Management

So I have a question regarding content management:

In Aurora after "pressing the start button" under "Content/Manage paths" I'm able to create paths for Aurora to search for content and find installed Games, Homebrew, Emulators, Ect. I have backed up the Aurora folder with all content paths and content working and launching properly. Now when I transfer the Aurora Folder back to a new hard drive all the artwork is greyed out and the paths say directory or device not found. Is there a way to fix this?

The scan path is linked to a device through the deviceid. Basically you have 2 (3) options now:

1. Delete the old scanpath, add a new path and have it scan/download everything again
  2. Manually change the device in the database with a database editor on pc
  3. Write a utility script to do what step 2 does.

For the database edit, you would have to find the new deviceid in the MountedDevices table (content.db) and paste it in the ScanPath table (settings.db), using a program that can handle sqlite databases.

2 hours ago, wololo7 said:

Maybe someone has a script done for this? I clone the same HDD alot and this bothers me every time...

You shouldn't be cloning hdds.. you should be copying the content to another HDD or thumb drive.. then transfer that to the new HDD.. cloning can cause problems.. and limit the amount of space you have if the new HDD is bigger than the previous..

• Like 2

I have cloned HDD's for the xbox 360, and never had a problem. Then again, I know enough that if I am cloning a 1tb hdd, that I should clone it to a 1 tb hdd. lol. I also know how to manually modify the content database, so the scan paths work out of the box. For those that dont, all HDDs have what is called a guid, and each partition on that HDD also has a GUID. so if you know how to use a tool like parted, fdisk(linux), or GParted, you can get that information fairly easily, then all you have to do is use an xtaf partition editor, copy the DB, and edit the relevant fields. No need to download the title updates, or covers again.

That being said, the real reason this is recommended against, is that no 2 hard drives are exactly the same, and a bad sector on the new drive could corrupt the data that is being written to it, as unlike a standard copy and paste, which happens on an actual partition, which has bad sectors logged, you are copying the partition as it sits to a drive without partitions. When you do that, it copys the wrong sector data over, and doesnt get corrected, and will write to untestable bad sectors. On top of that, I dont know if you ever noticed when cloning a drive, non xbox, when it is done copying the data, it runs a scan on the drive for data integrity. it cant do that with the 360 partitions, as there is no software to do that. 

No, you edit the uuid for the drive in the content.db file. you can get this by creating a new scan path to an empty folder, then the proper uuid will be in the DB.

On 4/1/2017 at 1:38 PM, Mattie said:

The scan path is linked to a device through the deviceid. Basically you have 2 (3) options now:

1. Delete the old scanpath, add a new path and have it scan/download everything again
  2. Manually change the device in the database with a database editor on pc
  3. Write a utility script to do what step 2 does.

For the database edit, you would have to find the new deviceid in the MountedDevices table (content.db) and paste it in the ScanPath table (settings.db), using a program that can handle sqlite databases.

So I have DB Browser for SqLite. How would I go about changing the Device ID so it will all work? And how do I ghet device Id from the New HDD?

Thank you in advance!

12 hours ago, zathoraus said:

So I have DB Browser for SqLite. How would I go about changing the Device ID so it will all work? And how do I ghet device Id from the New HDD?

Thank you in advance!

Everything has already been answered