RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
YoItsTrev

0.6b Multi-Disk games not showing.

I ordered a 1TB hdd for my 360 and it just got here yesterday. Spent the whole day putting 700GB+ of retail games, xbla games, dlc, and content on it. It finished before I went to bed, so I went head and set up the content folders. I have 2 folders, Content, and Games. All the XBLA games are fine, but multi disk games like Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Star Ocean: The Last Hope, and Lost Odyssey only show 1 disk. I first set the scan depth to 3, then 4, then 9. Still, the other games disks did not show up. Here is how I have multi disk games laid out:

Games\Lost Odyssey\<Disk 1 Content>

Games\Lost Odyssey\Disk2\<Disk 2 Content>

Games\Lost Odyssey\Disk3\<Disk 3 Content> 

Why is only the first game disk showing up? And the disks are not somehow hidden. I have enabled "Show Hidden Titles" and they still aren't there. So for whatever reason, the scan is not picking them up.

[Storage Device]/Games/Game Name/ disc 1/[ extract disc one here ]
 [Storage Device]/Games/Game Name/ disc 2/[ extract disc two here ]

I tried using your naming scheme, nothing happened.

/Hdd1/Games/Star Ocean The Last Hope/disc 1

/Hdd1/Games/Star Ocean The Last Hope/disc 2

/Hdd1/Games/Star Ocean The Last Hope/disc 3

Scan depth is still set to 9.

Edit: Perhaps there is some kind of bug in Aurora. I redid all of my muti disc games in the folder naming layout you suggested. It WOULD NOT find the other disks, FOR ANY REASON. I tried manually scanning dozens of times. I tried changing the scan depth. Tried messing with the scan script options. Nothing would make the other disks pop up. I had to delete the game from my library (after moving it from my games directory to keep Aurora from deleting the whole game with it). Once I deleted the game from my game library, once I rescanned, it found all the disks. So there might be some bug keeping Aurora finding other disks. Also, that comes to a suggestion I would like to make. Give an option to delete a game from the library WITHOUT deleting the actual game files.

A little explanation on how the scanning process works:

When a default.xex is found, scanning for that folder is aborted (to speed up the scanning process, and avoid games with multiple xexs).

With your new setup ( /Hdd1/Games/Star Ocean The Last Hope/disc 1 ), adding Hdd1/Games with scandepth 2 is enough.

What you are experiencing after moving the folder is not a bug, it is by design. We decided NOT to add a file exists in the scanning process, in order to keep it fast. If you move disc1 to a subfolder, in the database it will still be at the original folder. When that folder is scanned it does not check the subfolders for the reason stated above.

I think if you had used the database cleanup utility script it would have deleted all those disc1 entries from the db (as the xex would no longer exist) and then the scan would have worked (but I'm not 100% sure, as the cleanup script is not mine).

Another option would have been deleting the scanpath and add it again, but that would force you to rescan and download everything for the single disc games again as well.

2 minutes ago, Mattie said:

A little explanation on how the scanning process works:

When a default.xex is found, scanning for that folder is aborted (to speed up the scanning process, and avoid games with multiple xexs).

With your new setup ( /Hdd1/Games/Star Ocean The Last Hope/disc 1 ), adding Hdd1/Games with scandepth 2 is enough.

What you are experiencing after moving the folder is not a bug, it is by design. We decided NOT to add a file exists in the scanning process, in order to keep it fast. If you move disc1 to a subfolder, in the database it will still be at the original folder. When that folder is scanned it does not check the subfolders for the reason stated above.

I think if you had used the database cleanup utility script it would have deleted all those disc1 entries from the db (as the xex would no longer exist) and then the scan would have worked (but I'm not 100% sure, as the cleanup script is not mine).

Another option would have been deleting the scanpath and add it again, but that would force you to rescan and download everything for the single disc games again as well.

Yes, I figured that aborting the scan for the folder was the case.