RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
JQE

FSD 2.2 Data Organizer

Brought to you by albert_dark. A tool to help FSD load faster if you use alphabetical game lists.

To FSD 2.2

I made this app to organize better the data of the the Freestyle Dash.(if your games are alphabeticaly ordered).

The idea is simple, when you add a game on FSD it creates an index pointing to the data of the game, and when loading art from the games (cover and background) it follows that index.

The problem: this index is not organized alphabetically. it makes the game load the covers for the date you added, this means that if you add a game today started with the letter 'A' he will be the last to display the information, but the first in the games list.

Solution. This app recreates the indexes alphabetically and grouped by type (XBLA, Classic xbox, xbox360, Apps, Emulators).
This makes the loading of the covers better for those who use the games in alphabetical order.

To use just double click in fsd2dataOrganizer.jar and follow the instructions in the app. You will need the last version of Java.

DOWNLOAD:

You will need the 'gameData' folder and 'fs2data.bd' file. To do this quickly select fsd folder on your PC and 'map as network drive'.

Backup your gamedata folder (copy to pendrive or make a new folder on hdd and copy by fsd, will be more quickly than my app backuping over network).

Build Here
--
The source code Here

-- To DO

- Gui (Done)
- More Quickly Queries (done)
- More Options (done)
- Bug fixes (done until now)

OBS. Everytime you add a new game, it will be the last to load the art again, and there's nothing to do about, that is how FSD works. Then if you want use the app to organize again.

I highly doubt it since the database has been changed.

Assets table is gone and even if it succeeds in changing all IDs in ContentItems and GameData folder names there is still the new assets file that would need to be renamed as well.

Guest wulfie

well hopefully the dev can update this to work with FS3

I have updated the app, alredy send a PM for @JQE with the new version.

feel free to make a new thread in the software section for your new updated app.