RealModScene
mrknorton

[Help] COD Black Ops 2 crash with split-screen

Hi.

Recently I have a problem with COD Black Ops 2. In multiplayer split-screen, when I connect the second player, the game crashes.

I thought some of the game files were corrupted, so I re-downloaded the game but the problem remains.
I also tried to disable the FSD plugin but no effects, still crash when the second player joins. With only one player, game works fine.

I haven't changed anything since the last time I played in split-screen so I don't know what to do now. Suggestions?

edit: Dashboard 17349, Dashlaunch 3.15, Aurora 0.6b, Title Update 18, no trainer, no dashlaunch plugins.
edit 2: I noticed that the game menu is blinking irregularly, like super fast at the beginning, then slows and then repeats. It's crazy :dizzy:

Do you have the avatar update installed? Sounds like it might be the culprit

No changes with or without Dashlaunch but I noticed that the avatars are gray. That's strange since I changed mine less than a month ago.

I also tried to play with TU0. Game don't crash when I connect the second player, but randomly. After one match, during the match, in the match settings menu or even never after 20 minutes into the game :mellow:

I will try to reinstall the avatar update

18 minutes ago, mrknorton said:

No changes with or without Dashlaunch but I noticed that the avatars are gray. That's strange since I changed mine less than a month ago.

I also tried to play with TU0. Game don't crash when I connect the second player, but randomly. After one match, during the match, in the match settings menu or even never after 20 minutes into the game :mellow:

I will try to reinstall the avatar update

I totally called it lol.. its the avatar data problem

• Like 1

Launched xeBuild 2.098, but I can't download the system update

There was an error during the download:

System.Net.WebException: Remote server error: (403) not allowed.
   in System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   in System.Net.WebClient.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request, IAsyncResult result)
   in System.Net.WebClient.DownloadBitsResponseCallback(IAsyncResult result)

I manually downloaded the 17489.zip file from gxarena.com, how can I use it in xeBuild?

24 minutes ago, mrknorton said:

Launched xeBuild 2.098, but I can't download the system update

I manually downloaded the 17489.zip file from gxarena.com, how can I use it in xeBuild?

• Like 1

I was trying to update my console from 17349 to 17489 (just to do a full update, not only avatars at this point).

xeBuild fails to download the update but I found a "$SystemUpdate_17489.zip" file in the xeBuild folder with the size of 0Kb. I replaced it with the one I downloaded from GXarena. Still can't do a kernel update (xeBuild said that there are other missing files) but the zip file was enough for the avatar update.

So I downloaded the 17349 dash update from GXarena (since this is the kernel I currently have), and updated the avatars. Now they are not grey anymore and COD BO2 seems to work perfectly.

Still impressed how grey avatars can cause problems like this :blink:

Now I was wondering why the files were corrupted. My internal HDD is dying? Also, if in the future I have to do a kernel update, what should I do with xeBuild? Missing files are "cf_17489.bin" and "su20076000_00000000"

3 hours ago, mrknorton said:

I was trying to update my console from 17349 to 17489 (just to do a full update, not only avatars at this point).

xeBuild fails to download the update but I found a "$SystemUpdate_17489.zip" file in the xeBuild folder with the size of 0Kb. I replaced it with the one I downloaded from GXarena. Still can't do a kernel update (xeBuild said that there are other missing files) but the zip file was enough for the avatar update.

So I downloaded the 17349 dash update from GXarena (since this is the kernel I currently have), and updated the avatars. Now they are not grey anymore and COD BO2 seems to work perfectly.

Still impressed how grey avatars can cause problems like this :blink:

Now I was wondering why the files were corrupted. My internal HDD is dying? Also, if in the future I have to do a kernel update, what should I do with xeBuild? Missing files are "cf_17489.bin" and "su20076000_00000000"

that su20076000_000...0 file goes into the 17489 folder, it's part of the avatar download you grabbed

The avatar data isn't JUST avatar data... it's also other stuff included there, some games use some of the other data... that's why you have these issues...