RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
edilima

Question about Asset Importer feature

Hi  guys,

Looking at this forum, I found how the Asset Import feature works. However, I found it very painful to go for every game and provide the files in the directory structure as required by Asset Importer:  Example: titlename.txt, description.txt, publisher.txt and a lot more.

That would be much simpler if I could just copy the whole directory including .asset files from an existing Aurora instalation that already has all game covers to a new aurora installation, so this new installation does not need to connect to internet to download game covers again.

A temporary solution that I found is copying all aurora installation files to a new Xbox and them edit the database in order to change game paths to reflect the new installation. I found it less time consuming but I still think that copying .asset files instead of creating many .txt files is the way to go.

Am I missing something?  or the way I described above is a good path to quickly copy assets from an existing Aurora installation to a new one ?

#AuroraRocks

The .assets files contain only the image data, therefor you can't get all of it from there... however... we can probably make exporting features for you that lets you export a Aurora assets to the Asset Importer format/structure

8 minutes ago, Swizzy said:

The .assets files contain only the image data, therefor you can't get all of it from there... however... we can probably make exporting features for you that lets you export a Aurora assets to the Asset Importer format/structure

Huumm I think that would be awesome !

If I could just click a buttom in Aurora and then all Aurora Assets, Game Descriptions, etc could be exported to Asset Importer format/structure, that would work very fine for my needs.

Should I add this request in the other thread in this forum where people can especifically suggest features to Aurora ?

Thanks a lot for the prompt reply. 

Might be something i implement as a PC tool (similar to my Asset Editor or possibly even as a feature within it) rather then on console, or something that gets implemented as a utility scripts, it's not likely to be added as a specific Aurora feature...