RealModScene
Amigaz

Games in GOD format

I'm new to Aurora and just got an RGH'ed Xbox 360 slim

It has no internal HDD just a 2tb USB HDD with Aurora 0.6B and games on it.

My question is must games in GOD format have to be put in the "content/00000000000/" folder for thw games to be "seen" and launched?
If it's so can I have another "content/00000000000/" folder on another USB HDD connected at the same time as my first USB HDD or can I only have one location for games in GOD format?

Hi there, and welcome to Aurora.

GOD games can be placed in any Games directory in the same way that you would place a regular XEX format game.

For example USB1/Games/Call of Duty 4/

You only need to place DLC or items that specifically require an install (For example the install files for GTA V) in the content/00000000000 folders.

So yes, you can have a 2nd HDD with a Games directory with GOD format games.

@Idle Moment

Thanks for your quick reply :-)

Any advantage in comverting games to GOD format than copying the disc contents into folders?

Less files in some cases, some games may or may not work in XEX format due to long filenames/pathnames, but in general all games work as GOD to some degree, installers don't work in either format usually

8 minutes ago, Swizzy said:

Less files in some cases, some games may or may not work in XEX format due to long filenames/pathnames, but in general all games work as GOD to some degree, installers don't work in either format usually

Ok

What about loading times GOD vs Folder with game rip?

4 minutes ago, Amigaz said:

Ok

Depends on the game, a game with many small files take a long time to rip to XEX and is fast as GOD while a game with few large files may be faster as XEX then GOD

5 hours ago, Amigaz said:

I'm new to Aurora and just got an RGH'ed Xbox 360 slim

It has no internal HDD just a 2tb USB HDD with Aurora 0.6B and games on it.

My question is must games in GOD format have to be put in the "content/00000000000/" folder for thw games to be "seen" and launched?
If it's so can I have another "content/00000000000/" folder on another USB HDD connected at the same time as my first USB HDD or can I only have one location for games in GOD format?

3 hours ago, Idle Moment said:

Hi there, and welcome to Aurora.

GOD games can be placed in any Games directory in the same way that you would place a regular XEX format game.

For example USB1/Games/Call of Duty 4/

You only need to place DLC or items that specifically require an install (For example the install files for GTA V) in the content/00000000000 folders.

So yes, you can have a 2nd HDD with a Games directory with GOD format games.

Wow.. i am surprised.. yes you can put the games anywhere and have aurora scan it.. and will show.. if you try to use another location with stock, they wont show..

And also.. since 17349, people can put dlc on usb's.. via content/0000000000000000/

Section.. as well as tu's and whatnot..

Internal is highly recommended, as that is the way the console is made.. simply put, use internal hdd.. 0 problems..

1 hour ago, Amigaz said:

Ok

God v. Xex there really isnt but a few seconds "maybe" lol.. unless you have 2 consoles, running same exact game, at exact time, then you will not notice the difference.. what really makes a difference.. is the disc speed.. 5400rpm drives work slower than 7200rpm..

God format:

Less prone to missing files

Xex format:

More easier modding possibility.. such as with skyrim, you can just add stuff into the games structure and it will work, while god version needs custom made dlc..

What it boils down to? Personal preference.. some games dont work extracted.. but as i say, nothing wrong with god's.. unless you need to pick apart the game itself.. which is not really recommend.. nor is trainers and such supported here..

• Like 2

hi , mistakenly i delete the gta 5 in xbox 360 , but i have rpf file extension 4 files with 2,2,2,1.7 gb files but i can't run its not showing in the games section but when i go to storage it shows that i have gta 5 files in it can i download it back with any perticular file or i have to download a full game again

hi , mistakenly i delete the gta 5 in xbox 360 , but i have rpf file extension 4 files with 2,2,2,1.7 gb files but i can't run its not showing in the games section but when i go to storage it shows that i have gta 5 files in it can i download it back with any perticular file or i have to download a full game again