RealModScene
Idle Moment

Multi disk problem

Hi guys. Im having a problem with multi disk in Aurora. Please help.

Ive looked at every thread I could find on this issue, and followed the suggestions, but still having no luck.

Im running Aurora 0.6b. The game in question is Castlevania LOS. Its one of the games that prompts you to change to disk 2 mid way, not an installer disk.

The game has been ripped in XEX format not GOD. Ive placed it in the directory like this:

Usb0/Games/Castlevania LOS/(contents of disk 1)

Disk 2 has been placed here:

Usb0/Games/Castlevania LOS/Disk2/(contents of disk 2)

I am getting to the point in the game where I am now prompted to insert disk 2, but Aurora is not picking up the disk.

Any suggestions? Thanks

are both discs in coverflow? because your setup might prevent disc 2 from being scanned.

Both have to be scanned for multidisc to work. Try ..LOS/Disk1/(contents) and .../LOS/Disk2/(contents)

Thanks for the suggestions.

Only the first disk is showing up in dash-launch. I will try increase the scan depth path to pick up both and let you guys know if that works.

Will be great if the answer is that simple.

I have a number of double-disk games already ripped and installed on my HDD in XEX. Would really prefer not having to redo everything in GOD format.

On that note - I'm not even sure how to rip original disks to GOD - obviously its easy with an ISO image, but creating an ISO from an original disk isn't simple.

Much easier to let Aroura/FSD just extract my games directly to XEX.

Thanks for the help guys. Appreciate it.

58 minutes ago, Idle Moment said:

Only the first disk is showing up in dash-launch. I will try increase the scan depth path to pick up both and let you guys know if that works.

I have a number of double-disk games already ripped and installed on my HDD in XEX. Would really prefer not having to redo everything in GOD format.

On that note - I'm not even sure how to rip original disks to GOD - obviously its easy with an ISO image, but creating an ISO from an original disk isn't simple.

You can do a NXE install (via the original dashboard, followed by converting to GOD) or through the 0.6b installer utility script that converts it into a GOD container...

I have my Castlevania in XEX format as well. Like this:

Castlevania LoS [MD]\Disc 1

Castlevania LoS [MD]\Disc 2

(MD just means MultiDisk, so I know).

They both show up fine in the list of games and swapping automatically works fine as well.

My notes (Yeah, I like notes for myself) reads:

The following games has multiple DVDs, either in XEX or GOD mode (does not matter really). In Aurora, make sure the "Freestyle Plugin" module is active.
Also, in DashLaunch (if you have that), make sure Behavior/autoswap is disabled. The Freestyle Plugin in Aurora will take care of the swapping so you do
not want it enabled in DashLaunch as well! [MD] tag on games means "Multple Disks". At the time of writing with Aurora 6b, these disk switching will not
work if you are running the game over ConnectX (bug in Aurora). It works fine if the game is on the internal HD or a USB disk (Not tested USB) though.
Some games also work if you just quit when asked for disk 2, then start the game from disk 2 and load your save:
	Castlevania LoS [MD]
Dead Space 2 [MD]
Dead Space 3 [MD]
Infinite Undiscovery [MD]
Mass Effect 3 [MD]
Max Payne 3 [MD]
MagnaCarta II [MD]
Rage [MD]
The Witcher 2 [MD]

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Idle Moment said:

increasing the scan depth won't work. It is designed to stop when it finds the first default.xex

In your setup it is <folder>\default.xex (disc1) and <folder>\<subfolder>\default.xex (disc2)

It will never pick up the 2nd disc UNLESS you would add it as a separate scan path altogether.

<folder>\<disc1folder>\default.xex and <folder>\<disc2folder>\default.xex is what you need to do (no need to use god or dashlaunch, it works fine with aurora like this)

Thank you Turranius & Mattie.

You are correct.

I changed the structure of the games to :

USB0/Games/Castlevania/Disk1

USB/Games/Castlevania/Disk2

Both games show up on the game-list screen (I've hidden disk 2 now), and the disk swap works correctly.

Thanks for the assistance!

:D