RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
millertime2325

Separate Coverflows for each filter?

Hi, would it be possible if each filter has its own coverflow?

For example, I like the way the spines look of the 360 games, so the spine view works great. There are obviously no spines for the Xbox Live Arcade games, so I don't really like the way that looks. If possible, I would like to see the spine view for 360 and original xbox games, and front covers only for arcade games and homebrew.

I don't think this is possible at the time, but just thought I'd ask. Maybe it could work in a future release.

Thanks all!

6 hours ago, millertime2325 said:

For example, I like the way the spines look of the 360 games, so the spine view works great. There are obviously no spines for the Xbox Live Arcade games, so I don't really like the way that looks. If possible, I would like to see the spine view for 360 and original xbox games, and front covers only for arcade games and homebrew.

I don't think this is possible at the time, but just thought I'd ask. Maybe it could work in a future release.

Thanks all!

I am pretty sure xbla games have a spine.. all of mine do iirc.. in 0.6 you have a cover downloader, check the other covers? I will check mine when I get back home tho.. and report back

15 hours ago, millertime2325 said:

Thanks all!

Use quickviews, they should be able to change both the coverflow layout and filters at the same time...

I didn't see any existing options, would this need to be a custom lua script?

I'm guessing "And ... Layouts.Bookshelf By Phoenix.cfljson" or something like that? Not very familiar with scripting so I'm not sure the correct syntax

9 hours ago, millertime2325 said:

Bumping this topic, still interested in getting this figured out but was never able to get it working

I'll check it out.. lol.. can't promise anything tho

1 hour ago, felida said:

I'll check it out.. lol.. can't promise anything tho

Thanks! I figured it might have been something easy to get set up, not a huge deal either way, just a preference. Before when I said "XBLA games don't have a spine" i didn't mean it was blank, I just meant that the artwork of DVD games include a spine whereas the XBLA games only have a front cover that exist.. The downloaded covers in Unity just have the spine written with black text and I'm not crazy about the way it looks.. But totally something I can live with. I appreciate you looking into it though. Cheers!

On 2/12/2017 at 2:27 AM, Swizzy said:

Use quickviews, they should be able to change both the coverflow layout and filters at the same time...

if it is possible, there definitely isn't any option showing so.. 

20 hours ago, millertime2325 said:

Thanks! I figured it might have been something easy to get set up, not a huge deal either way, just a preference. Before when I said "XBLA games don't have a spine" i didn't mean it was blank, I just meant that the artwork of DVD games include a spine whereas the XBLA games only have a front cover that exist.. The downloaded covers in Unity just have the spine written with black text and I'm not crazy about the way it looks.. But totally something I can live with. I appreciate you looking into it though. Cheers!

as i just stated, i couldn't find anything about it.. maybe if you manually edit the lua script, then it might be possible.. but yeah

• Like 1