RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
awgtpstaw

Transitioning to custom page

Im having an issue with 0.6b that i had working on 0.5b and im not sure if there is some way to fix it...ok so from the main screen (Aurora_Main.xur) you hit 'Start' and it launches 'Aurora_Setings.xur' but everytime i change the keypath to mine 'Custom_Settings.xur' it makes the transitions fine but it screws up the transition for 'X' button which i believe is the browser and QuickView 'RB/LB'..this may be because it seems as though they use the same transition which i think was 'TransTo1'. I would happily accept that i cant do this if it didnt work in 0.5b. This might be able to be done with the new Gizmo thingy or LUA scripting but i know nothing about either of them so im not going to pretend i do. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

might be worth explaining how you did it, so others may learn from you :)

10 hours ago, Swizzy said:

might be worth explaining how you did it, so others may learn from you :)

Well.. for starters, the transition is within the settings.xur(this handles the transition to/from settings) part is in main.xur(this handles the transition of the main view open close), but.. i have no clue what the op was trying to do lol.. i do know the transitions in the main.xur are used multiple times, which if manipulated, can affect other transitions.. but, the settings.xur is the one that should be changed, not main.xur lol..

i didnt change the transitions in the main.xur except making the bg music stop playing at the end of 'TransFrom' so when my settings.xur loaded i could have different music playing. I just deleted all the frames in my settings.xur and redid them i think the issue was the named frames and the fact it was all so sloppy when i first started cause im kind of learning as i go..also i had set named frame transitions but also selected Fade In/Out from the drop down menu when you first select the xuiscene which may have caused conflicts..if in doubt scrap your frames and start again :)

6 hours ago, awgtpstaw said:

i didnt change the transitions in the main.xur except making the bg music stop playing at the end of 'TransFrom' so when my settings.xur loaded i could have different music playing. I just deleted all the frames in my settings.xur and redid them i think the issue was the named frames and the fact it was all so sloppy when i first started cause im kind of learning as i go..also i had set named frame transitions but also selected Fade In/Out from the drop down menu when you first select the xuiscene which may have caused conflicts..if in doubt scrap your frames and start again :)

Yeah mate, there is very little documentation on it in general.. but all of us learn by trial and error..  but do know the skin is limited to whats pre-programmed in aurora.. you are restricted without being able to add code directly into aurora.. you can learn a lot by tinkering with the gizmo/scripts..