RealModScene
Tatio

Shaders for FBA Next xbox 360?

Hi all, I have recently installed fba next on my xbox 360 rgh. But unfortunately whenever I play any of the arcade roms on it, the graphics are very blocky and unpleasant. I have been through all of the different filters/shaders and I just can't get them to look anything like the original arcade games, I mean smooth and colourful.

I personally found the CRT filters a little better but they have scanlines through the screen and I found it a little off putting to play, or if there is such a thing as the CRT filter without the scanlines or reduced scanlines.

I was wondering if anybody could point me in the right direction as to where I can get new .fx shaders for fba next, as I want to play the arcade roms in all their fabulous glory.

Hi gavin I have watched a few video's on YouTube about fba next on the xbox 360 and noticed that the graphics where considerably better than mine? Is there anything I can do?

1 hour ago, Tatio said:

Hi gavin I have watched a few video's on YouTube about fba next on the xbox 360 and noticed that the graphics where considerably better than mine? Is there anything I can do?

Make sure you are using the same emulator as they did in that video, possibly check your roms aswell...

2 hours ago, Tatio said:

You should try the retroarch core.. i have the shaders working in my cfg.. search for em

Thanks for the feedback fellas. ? I had a look at the video again and there was no mention of what type of version they were using. I have the latest version of fba next. I will look into retro arch core and see what it is like. All I want is smooth graphics instead of the blocky ones I have. ?

4 minutes ago, Tatio said:

Thanks for the feedback fellas. ? I had a look at the video again and there was no mention of what type of version they were using. I have the latest version of fba next. I will look into retro arch core and see what it is like. All I want is smooth graphics instead of the blocky ones I have. ?

Using my cfg i made, it will look nice and smooth, not pixelated.. lol

Edit: it is on this site too ;-)

I think you're using the emu made by lantus, and if i remember right, there's no shader support on his emulators, only software filters, not the same stuff as shaders. Retroarch 0.9.8 already have the fba core and it was the last 360 version( please someone correct me if in wrong) that came with shader support. Its a old version, but still worth to take a look to play some games.

6 hours ago, cmkn_1983 said:

I think you're using the emu made by lantus, and if i remember right, there's no shader support on his emulators, only software filters, not the same stuff as shaders. Retroarch 0.9.8 already have the fba core and it was the last 360 version( please someone correct me if in wrong) that came with shader support. Its a old version, but still worth to take a look to play some games.

The retroarch thats on here is 1.0.0.3 lol.. im pretty sure.. but yeah

12 hours ago, felida said:

Using my cfg i made, it will look nice and smooth, not pixelated.. lol

Edit: it is on this site too ;-)

Thanks for your all your help lads. Which version of retroarch should I get,or which one has the best shaders for my arcade roms? ?