RealModScene
Bromine

Launch emulator roms directly from Aurora, Cover flow

3 hours ago, Bromine said:

Figured as much.  I was really hoping there'd be a way to do this for Mame though, since that's where most of the games I'm interested are at.

If anyone knows if this is somehow possible on Mame360, lemme know!

i've said this already, Swizzy's github has the source code to the retroarch cores, which support the rom browser and stuff.. mame2003-libretro is the specific one you want.

now, how to accomplish what you want.. diff story lol... but the source code is easily available to manipulate.

From what I know, this wasnt a high priority when I mentioned it years ago, due to rom recognition, and then finding covers for each game. On top of that, then you need to redesign coverflow, because currently, all covers are the same resolution, which is probably not the case with covers for older games.

Thanks for the reply.  I was thinking similar to OP, there’s only a 10-20 MAME racing games I would want to add.  I wouldn’t mind resizing some images for coverflow for so few games and having individual folders with multiple copies of mame.  Was just curious if anyone was actually successful with this approach.

You can do this, I guess, but it wont autolaunch the game, unless there is an option in the settings of the emulator to auto launch a game. I havnt tried it, as I would rather save space not putting 20+ copies of the same thing on the hdd.