RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
vectrac20tsri

Jasper - matrix v3 - 50/50 boot

Just done a rgh 1.2 on a jasper 16mb, It boots in 1 - 2 glitches every time but the problem is 50% of the time it fails to boot, The blue led on the matrix flashes then turns off like its glitched but no spinning green lights and a black screen.

If I hit reset it may boot or it may not there seems to be no rhythm it just happens, I have rewired it 3 times trying slightly different roots, Have tried 30awg kynar (still used thicker wire on the ground/vcc) and thicker wire, with and without the dvd drive, In/out the cage still the same random non boots.

Could it be the chip?

I will get pictures up soon,Have had it apart 3 times today so sick of looking at it.

I have removed the 0 ohm resistor from the get go and using the c pad to the alt clk point

All points are 100% correct for rgh 1.2

If the connections were wrong it wouldn't boot at all, mostly it's related to how the wires were pulled exactly or the chip when it works sometimes and sometimes not

Sent from my SM-G903F

I have tried everything, different chip, re wired and re routed 4 times, created a new nand flash through j-runner/xebuild with and without cr4 smc and with and without nohdmipatch, onbaord oscilator and c pad to stby clk, It all gives the same result xell boots 99.9% with zero issues but booting freeboot is hit and miss.

the chip stops flashing like its glitched but no boot

Thanks for the replys, this one has me beat, The 2nd chip I tried was a matrix v1 out of a falcon I purchased and that console boots every time without fail only difference is that one has 2 shielded cables,cant remember the exact points they were used on.

cpu_rst is one likely candidate for a shielded wire, the other could be post_out

Is this a possibility? as it rarely does it with xell.

It's something with the exact timings