RealModScene
DannyBoy

Can a Fake Date option be added to DashLaunch?

​

​

I have a older console with no wifi in a room with no physicial cable for internet access for it to update and sync the time from a server. When off it is turned off from a power bar to conserve electricity along with all other electronics connected to it. I don't care about getting accurate time, the problem is for games that order save files by date. Every time the console comes on the date becomes 11/22/2005 and a new save would be ordered last from the date.

​

​Can an option be added to dashlaunch so that on startup it reads a txt file from the hard drive with the date and sets the time as that date + adds a day to the file so that on next startup it boots one day ahead?

Boot 1 will be 11/22/2005 then adds 1 day and the file contents are 11/23/2005 for next boot.

Boot 2 will be 11/23/2005 then adds 1 day and the file contents are 11/24/2005 for next boot and so forth.

​

This would fix games with saves that get ordered by date.

​

​

I have a older console with no wifi in a room with no physicial cable for internet access for it to update and sync the time from a server. When off it is turned off from a power bar to conserve electricity along with all other electronics connected to it. I don't care about getting accurate time, the problem is for games that order save files by date. Every time the console comes on the date becomes 11/22/2005 and a new save would be ordered last from the date.

​

​Can an option be added to dashlaunch so that on startup it reads a txt file from the hard drive with the date and sets the time as that date + adds a day to the file so that on next startup it boots one day ahead?

Boot 1 will be 11/22/2005 then adds 1 day and the file contents are 11/23/2005 for next boot.

Boot 2 will be 11/23/2005 then adds 1 day and the file contents are 11/24/2005 for next boot and so forth.

​

This would fix games with saves that get ordered by date.

you can always set the date manually.. and dont unplug it.. the date resets EVERY TIME you unplug the console.. there is no CMOS battery to keep the time saved.. 

BUT.. what you PROBABLY should ask.. is for someone to write a LUA script, that can be ran from within aurora.. IF that can be done.. but asking for dashlaunch to do this.. might be a bit much.. seeing as i did bring this up a while ago.. for people who COULDNT set the date manually because they were lazy.. hmmm .. lol.. 

and it never came to happen.. so.. options are.. SET MANUALLY, GET WIFI or Cat-5 CORD, or SET DATE/TIME and DONT UNPLUG!!!, or SET MANUALLY EVERYTIME!!!!!!

probably not going to happen, but you might be able to do it with aurora and utility scripts, in a future version, if you request that a setdate(), and settime() functions are added. I would not expect it to happen anytime soon though.

• Like 1

Well it is a waist of electricity to have the console plugged in all the time with all the other devices draining power 24/7. I have my console booting to FSD 3 on boot, so to change the time I have to always go back to 360 dashboard and change the time and then reload the FSD which is a waste because accurate time isn't really essential, not that I am lazy to do it. I didn't like Aurora last time I used it, for FSD I got a custom skin that just lists the games and it looks good because it doesn't require any covers taking up space on a small HDD. For Aurora you get the error message that shows the covers not loaded and found.

If the feature I requested was implemented in DashLaunch the same way FakeLive is implemented or even as DashLaunch plugin users could use any dash they wanted because DashLaunch is loaded before the dash board.

Well it is a waist of electricity to have the console plugged in all the time with all the other devices draining power 24/7. I have my console booting to FSD 3 on boot, so to change the time I have to always go back to 360 dashboard and change the time and then reload the FSD which is a waste because accurate time isn't really essential, not that I am lazy to do it. I didn't like Aurora last time I used it, for FSD I got a custom skin that just lists the games and it looks good because it doesn't require any covers taking up space on a small HDD. For Aurora you get the error message that shows the covers not loaded and found.

If the feature I requested was implemented in DashLaunch the same way FakeLive is implemented or even as DashLaunch plugin users could use any dash they wanted because DashLaunch is loaded before the dash board.

that's not really a skin mate.. it's FSD's settings.. you DON'T have to use coverflow in FSD.. but yeah.. i get what you are saying.. BUT.. the amount of electricity when not in use really is trivial mate.. and as i said.. i have mentioned this early last year.. the idea was passed along(afaik).. and wasn't implemented.. just don't get your hopes up ;-)

EDIT: here is a lil bit of math for ya.. generally the power brick is at 120V x 5A = 600Watts.. in the USA, you pay per KiloWatt hour.. which is cents or can be upwards to $1.25/hour.. so for every hour the brick sits on, it uses 600watts.. or .6 KW.. so.. depending on how much you pay per KW/H, you really aint spending THAT much keeping it on.. versus your average stove/microwave/blow dryer/AC-Heater, ect..

All I can say is if you think that FSD is better than aurora, you are sadly mistaken. The load times alone make Aurora better. On top of that the moment Link V2 launches, you wont be able to play on link no more, as FSD wont support it(Not that you are playing on link anyway, with your console being offline). I dont know what the last version of aurora you were running, but 0.6b has a ton of features, like utility scripts, that you cant get in FSD, it loads large libraries faster, etc. FSD is a thing of the past, and honestly it had its time, but FSD is finished, and has been for years now. The only thing that FSD has that aurora doesnt at the moment, is the WebUI(Which I have under good authority will be done soonish), and Samba Server(Smbdll, which is currently being worked on, and should be released when it is ready. Aurora has actually supported the DLL for at least 2 versions now, so it is a matter of the release of the DLL). Those are the only features that havnt made their way from FSD yet, and with the release of Nova(Not saying that will be soon), you will get the webui.

• Like 2

I just noticed in the aurora API for Kernel library there are options for setTime() and setDate(), so you could write a script that will set date on boot, if you are running aurora. ;) I would write it to save the date, and then every time it is loaded, add a day. the time shouldnt matter. It wont be accurate in any way, but it will solve your problem. Another thing you cant do with FSD. lol.

• Like 1

I just noticed in the aurora API for Kernel library there are options for setTime() and setDate(), so you could write a script that will set date on boot, if you are running aurora. ;) I would write it to save the date, and then every time it is loaded, add a day. the time shouldnt matter. It wont be accurate in any way, but it will solve your problem. Another thing you cant do with FSD. lol.

dont forget.. it would have to be added to main.lua.. lol.. but yea.. no reason why it shouldn't.. as it contacts server, then sets time.. just the script would have to be done..

that's not really a skin mate.. it's FSD's settings.. you DON'T have to use coverflow in FSD.. but yeah.. i get what you are saying.. BUT.. the amount of electricity when not in use really is trivial mate.. and as i said.. i have mentioned this early last year.. the idea was passed along(afaik).. and wasn't implemented.. just don't get your hopes up ;-)

EDIT: here is a lil bit of math for ya.. generally the power brick is at 120V x 5A = 600Watts.. in the USA, you pay per KiloWatt hour.. which is cents or can be upwards to $1.25/hour.. so for every hour the brick sits on, it uses 600watts.. or .6 KW.. so.. depending on how much you pay per KW/H, you really aint spending THAT much keeping it on.. versus your average stove/microwave/blow dryer/AC-Heater, ect..

No the default FSD list skin still shows the covers in the panels to the side of the list, it also would show a description. My  skin that I found just shows the first panel with the list and no covers and icons and description. I couldn't find anything like that for Aurora for offline users. If Aurora did implement a fake time on boot then I guess I would have to put in a request for list only mode for Aurora for offline users that don't want the covers to show.

Edit: Damn, I didn't know the brick uses that much, so at $0.15 per kw that is $64 a month. I am happy I have it on a power bar to turn it off ;)

Edit2: Actually no the power brick is just 200w, so $22 per month of power usage, still a good savings in a year if you are poor.

First off, everything in aurora is offline(other than cover downloads), pretty much. if you want to hide the covers, there is a coverflow for that, that takes all of the coverflow off of the screen. and if you hit X, it will pull up a list of games, with an image next to the name of the game, but I think that is the NXE art, included on the disc. ;) You can switch to different quickviews with LB/RB(like tabs, but better as you can create custom filters). Buttons might be changeable in the next version in skins, but that is besides the point. ;)

No the default FSD list skin still shows the covers in the panels to the side of the list, it also would show a description. My  skin that I found just shows the first panel with the list and no covers and icons and description. I couldn't find anything like that for Aurora for offline users. If Aurora did implement a fake time on boot then I guess I would have to put in a request for list only mode for Aurora for offline users that don't want the covers to show.

Edit: Damn, I didn't know the brick uses that much, so at $0.15 per kw that is $64 a month. I am happy I have it on a power bar to turn it off ;)

Edit2: Actually no the power brick is just 200w, so $22 per month of power usage, still a good savings in a year if you are poor.

the OUTPUT is 200w D/C man.. it takes IN 120V  with 5 amps on fat brick.. 120 x 5 = 600 amps A/C.. seriously READ the damn brick.. lmfao..

here is the pic of a phat brick:

33zfxx4.jpg

EDIT: and your math is off.. because there are peek hours, and non-peek hours.. meaning that the rate fluctuates.. its not always a flat $.15 every hour..

edit 2: here is a pic of a slim trinity brick

vgmw6s.jpg

if you are worried about money.. get a job.. and quit being cheap.. lmfao.. or since you are deadset on using FSD, which has MANY errors/crashes/fails.. SET THE DATE MANUALLY and stop being lazy!! takes 2 mins if that to set the date.. and only a handful of games, if THAT, require a date past 2005.. GTA5 being the main one..

AND.. the brick uses EVEN LESS power in standby mode.. lmfao.. having your console ON 24/7 uses the full power supply of 600Watts.. here's a chart for you ;-)

28h1vfd.gif

source: http://www.hardcoreware.net/reviews/review-356-4.htm

you turning it off.. really is a bit over haul mate.. 

The power brick only puts out the 200W when the system is on, and that is assuming you are using a 200W brick, different Xbox motherboard revisions used different power ratings. On standby power, or when the console is off, it is more likely that it is only pulling about 5A total. I havnt actually tested this, so I couldnt say for sure, but 95% of that is from the 12V tap, and the switched 5V tap. lol. The standby power runs at a much lower wattage. lol. Your standard 500+W Power Supply only puts out 5A on the standby power line, which means that if the system is off, it is only pulling 5A. I would assume the Xbox 360 would be using that or less. 

edit: after looking at the picture in the above post, it only pulls 1A on standby power.

• Like 1

The power brick only puts out the 200W when the system is on, and that is assuming you are using a 200W brick, different Xbox motherboard revisions used different power ratings. On standby power, or when the console is off, it is more likely that it is only pulling about 5A total. I havnt actually tested this, so I couldnt say for sure, but 95% of that is from the 12V tap, and the switched 5V tap. lol. The standby power runs at a much lower wattage. lol. Your standard 500+W Power Supply only puts out 5A on the standby power line, which means that if the system is off, it is only pulling 5A. I would assume the Xbox 360 would be using that or less. 

edit: after looking at the picture in the above post, it only pulls 1A on standby power.

some people wanna complain just to complain.. im done feeding into this troll.. haha

First off, everything in aurora is offline(other than cover downloads), pretty much. if you want to hide the covers, there is a coverflow for that, that takes all of the coverflow off of the screen. and if you hit X, it will pull up a list of games, with an image next to the name of the game, but I think that is the NXE art, included on the disc. ;) You can switch to different quickviews with LB/RB(like tabs, but better as you can create custom filters). Buttons might be changeable in the next version in skins, but that is besides the point. ;)

I will have to try it out the new versions sometime, is the coverflow that takes the coverflow off the screen included in the standard install or is it a different coverflow that I have to download?

EDIT: and your math is off.. because there are peek hours, and non-peek hours.. meaning that the rate fluctuates.. its not always a flat $.15 every hour..

if you are worried about money.. get a job.. and quit being cheap.. lmfao.. or since you are deadset on using FSD, which has MANY errors/crashes/fails.. SET THE DATE MANUALLY and stop being lazy!! takes 2 mins if that to set the date.. and only a handful of games, if THAT, require a date past 2005.. GTA5 being the main one..

AND.. the brick uses EVEN LESS power in standby mode.. lmfao.. having your console ON 24/7 uses the full power supply of 600Watts.. here's a chart for you ;-)

28h1vfd.gif

source: http://www.hardcoreware.net/reviews/review-356-4.htm

you turning it off.. really is a bit over haul mate.. 

Peak is $0.20 per hour, mid-day is $0.15, and at night $0.10, so  $0.15 is the correct average with the chart above the cost would be $17 per month on idle.

I have a job and it doesn't pay that well, have you thought that people may have a condition that prevents people from getting a higher paying job, it is kind of offensive to make such comments. I also never had no problems, freezes crashes with FSD in years but also have no problems switching to Aurora if it improves.

I will have to try it out the new versions sometime, is the coverflow that takes the coverflow off the screen included in the standard install or is it a different coverflow that I have to download?

Peak is $0.20 per hour, mid-day is $0.15, and at night $0.10, so  $0.15 is the correct average with the chart above the cost would be $17 per month on idle.

I have a job and it doesn't pay that well, have you thought that people may have a condition that prevents people from getting a higher paying job, it is kind of offensive to make such comments. I also never had no problems, freezes crashes with FSD in years but also have no problems switching to Aurora if it improves.

offensive? no.. but plain and simple.. you afforded the materials to get a RGH done.. or you paid someone to get it done.. you pay for internet to post here, or a phone bill.. either way cost WAY more than the $17/mo to let the xbox idle.. 

aside from that.. like gavin said.. maybe someone will write a script up for the option.. but you dont want to change dashboards to accommodate the possibility.. so your argument really is moot..

play on a legit console, and dont worry about your time never being off?? or SET the time/date manually mate.. those are your options.. cOz, who makes dashlaunch obviously didnt think it was worth the effort to inlcude the option along time ago.. please dont feel entitled to think you deserve something when you dont want to change..

EDIT: and to top it off.. EVERY FSD dev that is active in AURORA already said support for FSD has stopped.. you will have more of a chance asking Microsoft to still support windows XP before the team supports FSD again!

edit 2: and honestly.. the reason you want this ability.. is for saves.. to be better ordered.. i dont see the benefits of this.. as people have created a server, to set time automatically for you.. which they pay for out of their OWN pockets.. but you chose NOT to use it.. then complain.. 

offensive? no.. but plain and simple.. you afforded the materials to get a RGH done.. or you paid someone to get it done.. you pay for internet to post here, or a phone bill.. either way cost WAY more than the $17/mo to let the xbox idle.. 

aside from that.. like gavin said.. maybe someone will write a script up for the option.. but you dont want to change dashboards to accommodate the possibility.. so your argument really is moot..

play on a legit console, and dont worry about your time never being off?? or SET the time/date manually mate.. those are your options.. cOz, who makes dashlaunch obviously didnt think it was worth the effort to inlcude the option along time ago.. please dont feel entitled to think you deserve something when you dont want to change..

It is weird that this topic got off topic, I was making a suggestion to developers to make DashLaunch better since it has a fakelive feature already but then people started talking about other dashboards.

I never said I wouldn't change my dashboard but there is no point in me changing to Aurora that is inferior for my use right now, in fact I said "I have no problems switching to Aurora if it improves". I never said that I wouldn't change. Lastly I am concious of waste, we live in wasteful society we can have a discussion about that but then we will get more off topic.

It is weird that this topic got off topic, I was making a suggestion to developers to make DashLaunch better since it has a fakelive feature already but then people started talking about other dashboards.

I never said I wouldn't change my dashboard but there is no point in me changing to Aurora that is inferior for my use right now, in fact I said "I have no problems switching to Aurora if it improves". I never said that I wouldn't change. Lastly I am concious of waste, we live in wasteful society we can have a discussion about that but then we will get more off topic.

no i agree.. lol.. but like i said.. I HAVE BROUGHT THIS UP, IT WAS PASSED ALONG.. AND IT HASNT BEEN IMPLEMENTED probably because there are SEVERAL ways to achieve the proper date mate.. one of which, is setting it manually.. every time.. doesn't take long.. heck.. it took you longer to argue with me about it, than to set the date.. lolol.. 

now as for your argument about the coverflow taking up too much space.. i have 206 titles right now.. that's 594.35MB of space for covers/synopsis and everything(not TU's).. you say you have a small HDD..  1GB of stuff for the covers and such isnt much space.. which is less than TU's these days for 360 games.. 

but i dont think they will change the coverflow mechanic.. atleast for a long while.. IF it happens.. lemme ask you this.. what version of aurora have you used in the past, and not like it? what reasons didnt you like it?

no i agree.. lol.. but like i said.. I HAVE BROUGHT THIS UP, IT WAS PASSED ALONG.. AND IT HASNT BEEN IMPLEMENTED probably because there are SEVERAL ways to achieve the proper date mate.. one of which, is setting it manually.. every time.. doesn't take long.. heck.. it took you longer to argue with me about it, than to set the date.. lolol.. 

now as for your argument about the coverflow taking up too much space.. i have 206 titles right now.. that's 594.35MB of space for covers/synopsis and everything(not TU's).. you say you have a small HDD..  1GB of stuff for the covers and such isnt much space.. which is less than TU's these days for 360 games.. 

but i dont think they will change the coverflow mechanic.. atleast for a long while.. IF it happens.. lemme ask you this.. what version of aurora have you used in the past, and not like it? what reasons didnt you like it?

Agreed but it happens every time and it would solve a problem that users other then my self have for example in Final Fantasy 13 the saves are sorted by most current date and if other users don't change the date they would have the same problem. About 2 years ago I last used Aurora, would that make it like version 0.3 or 0.4? I didn't like that I couldn't find a skin that disabled the covers and I wanted it to boot to a menu to select games by a list. Also I was so used to everything being nice and seperated in FSD, if I remember correctly Aurora had Emulators, Games, XboxOriginal, XBLA all lumped together.

Agreed but it happens every time and it would solve a problem that users other then my self have for example in Final Fantasy 13 the saves are sorted by most current date and if other users don't change the date they would have the same problem. About 2 years ago I last used Aurora, would that make it like version 0.3 or 0.4? I didn't like that I couldn't find a skin that disabled the covers and I wanted it to boot to a menu to select games by a list. Also I was so used to everything being nice and seperated in FSD, if I remember correctly Aurora had Emulators, Games, XboxOriginal, XBLA all lumped together.

ok, i CAN remove the covers.. BUT.. then it would cripple the aesthetics.. you CAN boot to a game list per-say.. that's what the X button does(this ALSO is sorted by the current QV filter).. BUT you can't apply TU's ,Trainers, and such.. there IS a thing call the QuickView option, you press a shoulder button, then the sort menu comes up.. you can edit it, or use one of the pre-configured ones.. or create one to your liking.. and only show which games you want.. give me a few and i will make a video for you to show you what is possible..  but i dont think an FSD type thing will ever be done mate.. 

edit:

edit 2: and like Gavin said.. the latest version is 0.6.. it has A LOT of stuff added in.. what wasnt in before.. 0.5 brought the filter options in

• Like 1

ok, i CAN remove the covers.. BUT.. then it would cripple the aesthetics.. you CAN boot to a game list per-say.. that's what the X button does(this ALSO is sorted by the current QV filter).. BUT you can't apply TU's ,Trainers, and such.. there IS a thing call the QuickView option, you press a shoulder button, then the sort menu comes up.. you can edit it, or use one of the pre-configured ones.. or create one to your liking.. and only show which games you want.. give me a few and i will make a video for you to show you what is possible..  but i dont think an FSD type thing will ever be done mate.. 

edit:

edit 2: and like Gavin said.. the latest version is 0.6.. it has A LOT of stuff added in.. what wasnt in before.. 0.5 brought the filter options in

Thank You for your time in doing this I really appreciate it but don't you find it weird that this topic got to this. I mean even if you remove the covers it wasn't why I made this topic. LOL. Also like you said it won't be possible to have a fake date update because you already asked the devs and they didn't implement that date feature.

Thank You for your time in doing this I really appreciate it but don't you find it weird that this topic got to this. I mean even if you remove the covers it wasn't why I made this topic. LOL. Also like you said it won't be possible to have a fake date update because you already asked the devs and they didn't implement that date feature.

no, it is possible with aurora scripts.. it just has to be done.. DASHLAUNCH wont happen afaik mate.... you asked for one feature.. said if aurora improved, which it has..

i showed you.. the only thing missing is the script to set the date mate.. that's it!

AND.. the scripts are already in effect in 0.6 mate.. so.. like i said.. script just needs to be wrote..

Ok, I must be confused because from the previous posts the time update wouldn't be possible in aurora because the settime() code isn't implemented in the main code yet. So there is no way for anyone to write a script until that will be done. The next Aurora update may not come soon and is probably months away. I gotta go sleep now, will see tommorow.

Ok, I must be confused because from the previous posts the time update wouldn't be possible in aurora because the settime() code isn't implemented in the main code yet. So there is no way for anyone to write a script until that will be done. The next Aurora update may not come soon and is probably months away. I gotta go sleep now, will see tommorow.

no, gavin looked, the option is there.. the way to autorun the script is to add it to main.lua, as that is what is ran on boot.. the only thing that isnt done, is the script to set it.. which someone can write and publish..

DASHLAUNCH is what i asked before the script function was ever announced.. 

Yeah, for some wierd reason the setDate and settime are in the kernel library, but the getdate and gettime are in the aurora library, so I didnt see it at first glance. 

You just have to write a script that would save the date and time to an ini file, then reload that date and time on run, and add like an hour to it. Since the clock is set in a military time setting, if time goes past 23:59:59 then the day would need to be updated by 1 day. you would also have to do the math on the days of the month. if you dont have the script handle these things, it might try to write invalid dates or times, and that would cause the script to error. so basically

if hour > 23 && minute > 59 && second > 59 then day = day + 1 

That line is wrong, but I think it sort of gets the point across.

you will also need to write a clause that handles the date, as if the day goes past 28 in february, and it isnt a leap year it might cause issues, and if there are only 30 days in a month, and you try to set it to 31, it could also cause issues. so you will have to handle that all in script. you can find example scripts here and the API here: https://github.com/XboxUnity/AuroraScripts  you will also want to save the current time and date to an ini file, so you can increase the date/time with every boot, or it will always set it to the same value, which wont help either.

once you get the script written, add a require("Scriptpath") to the main.lua in the data/scripts/content folder of aurora. it will run the script everytime aurora loads.

I will not write this script for you. I could, but I think it is a waste of my time, as I can see no use for it in a mainstream sense.