RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
vicicarus

Killed DVD drive while flashing

Thank you in advance for any and all help provided,

So I was trying to flash my phat xbox36o dvd drive and now it has stopped working. I'm guessing its dead. Xbox still boots but can't boot to xell without the eject. Having only the dvd key, is it possible to get a replacement or would the .bin files be needed? I'm confused with this.  I don't have a backup of the FW/CFW from when the drive was originally flashed. The drive was/is DG-16D2S Philips lite on.

Sorry didn't mention, I get an E64 error when the drive is plugged in. But when it isn't plugged in, it boots Aurora.

• Like 2

Thank you in advance for any and all help provided,

So I was trying to flash my phat xbox36o dvd drive and now it has stopped working. I'm guessing its dead. Xbox still boots but can't boot to xell without the eject. Having only the dvd key, is it possible to get a replacement or would the .bin files be needed? I'm confused with this.  I don't have a backup of the FW/CFW from when the drive was originally flashed. The drive was/is DG-16D2S Philips lite on.

Sorry didn't mention, I get an E64 error when the drive is plugged in. But when it isn't plugged in, it boots Aurora.

as long as you have the DVD key.. you should be able to flash it again.. have you tried to erase and reflash it?? but yes.. you can get a spare liteon, and spoof the DVD key.. there are guides..

Thank you for the reply,

No I haven't tried to reflash, I don't think I can. The PC doesn't detect the drive anymore. The drive doesn't seem to power on (no noise or eject). When I refresh jungle flasher the drive does not appear, that's why I am thinking it died.

Thank you for the reply,

No I haven't tried to reflash, I don't think I can. The PC doesn't detect the drive anymore. The drive doesn't seem to power on (no noise or eject). When I refresh jungle flasher the drive does not appear, that's why I am thinking it died.

how are you connecting the device? did you follow the pdf that comes with jungleflasher?

I tried making my own probe and used a toggle switch to power on and off the drive(followed a video tut). The drive was showing up in jungle flasher but would not come back after the first power off cycle. I tried a few times got the same result then the drive didn't power on anymore.

I tried making my own probe and used a toggle switch to power on and off the drive(followed a video tut). The drive was showing up in jungle flasher but would not come back after the first power off cycle. I tried a few times got the same result then the drive didn't power on anymore.

so you are not using a x360usb pro and ck3??

you might have fried the pcb..

BUT.. good news is.. you can find a liteon pretty cheap..

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=liteon%20replacement%20drive%20xbox%20360

next time.. make sure you are doing stuff with the right equipment lol

edit: you dont need the probe if you ALREADY have the DVD key mate.. you can skip that step

:ermm: thought it would be fun to try, saw video had some time and had xbox under bed. I RGH a few systems successfully, what could go wrong with a little DVD action? :ermm:

:ermm: thought it would be fun to try, saw video had some time and had xbox under bed. I RGH a few systems successfully, what could go wrong with a little DVD action? :ermm:

yeah, RGH is a lil diff.. but i'd only recommend using the ck3 to power on the drive.. as you CAN fry the PCB with power shortage

• Like 2