RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Thors

Browser redirecting.Help!

Hey guys. I am having a bit of a problem with Google Chrome ,i've seach for answers on the web but none of it seems to work,so i though you poeple might have an idea.I hope it's not out of topic as it's not xbox related.

The thing is that I keep getting spammed search results from a website called banggood.com(seems like an online store,never heard of it before) and i'm also getting redirected to plusnetwork.com.Nothing seems to work.

Things i have already try on my own and on advice i received:

1.I scanned for virus with avast ,also launched a boot scan.It found nothing.

2.Used a tool called adwcleaner,it found some stuff but it was not related.

3.I reset chrome to default.

4.Uninstall and reinstall chrome .

5.Someone suggested looking into a file called "hosts" for weird ip,although i don't understand what it is,i found nothing weird.

6.Checked for extensions,none was added and even with all disabled ,the problem was still there.

Now am out of thing to try and this stuff is getting annoying by constantly redirecting me or spamming my search result.Anyone have an idea about what may be causing this and/or how to solve it?

Any help is appreciated.Thanks for your time.

I recommend running a scan with MalwareBytes and HitmanPro aswell

Hosts can be found in %windir%\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts and should be empty

Another thing to check is that your system's proxy settings are set to not use any

1 quick way to bring up proxy settings.. hit the 3 dots below the X..

hit settings..

then hit the option to show advanced settings..

scroll down til you see network, click change proxy settings

in the internet properties window that comes up, hit LAN settings.. if it is anything else besides automatic.. delete/untick the other options.. and make sure automatic is ticked

I recommend running a scan with MalwareBytes and HitmanPro aswell

Hosts can be found in %windir%\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts and should be empty

Another thing to check is that your system's proxy settings are set to not use any

1 quick way to bring up proxy settings.. hit the 3 dots below the X..

hit settings..

then hit the option to show advanced settings..

scroll down til you see network, click change proxy settings

in the internet properties window that comes up, hit LAN settings.. if it is anything else besides automatic.. delete/untick the other options.. and make sure automatic is ticked

Thank you very much.It was indeed the proxy.I don't know how this stuff got there.Thanks to you guys,it now solved. :thumbup:

It was modified by some shit you installed that brought with it some adware/spyware/malware... they do that all the time...