RealModScene
LuffyDragon

Xbox 360 RGH 2.0 Corona 4GB E79 Error

Guys, what is this wire called?

33ze8b4.jpg

A ribbon cable.. lol.. but.. you dont necessarily need to use that.. it will work tho..

Is like the cables used in older pc's before the thin tiny sata cords.. lol

A ribbon cable.. lol.. but.. you dont necessarily need to use that.. it will work tho..

Is like the cables used in older pc's before the thin tiny sata cords.. lol

Thanks! so, what are the other things I could use? Normal wires with color on its insulator?

Thanks! so, what are the other things I could use? Normal wires with color on its insulator?

Any wire that you feel comfortable with should work fine... it doesn't matter if you have different colors for each wire or not, it's easier... but... not required...

You really want kayar wire.. not your standard 12 or 14 awg that u use for homes and stuff.. lol.. if u had a spare set of coolrunner wires.. that would be great, as each coolrunner comes with wires for slim and phat..

If you had an old pc somewhere.. u can use the ribbon cable that connects the hdd, cd, ect..

But just about any wire should work..

• Like 2

I have used old ethernet wire before, but wouildnt recommend it, as it is really stiff. IDE cables work well, but as they are getting harder and harder to find these days, I like to keep the few I have around. lol. Never know when you will need one. ;)

• Like 2

Hey guys!

First of all, sorry to bring this thread back up.

Update on my Xbox : It fix! My brother send it to a person who addresses himself as "ikillyougaming" and he said that the cpu was broke because of overheating he did reballing the xbox for like 80$. Thank you for all your help

33 minutes ago, LuffyDragon said:

Hey guys!

First of all, sorry to bring this thread back up.

Update on my Xbox : It fix! My brother send it to a person who addresses himself as "ikillyougaming" and he said that the cpu was broke because of overheating he did reballing the xbox for like 80$. Thank you for all your help

E79 has nothing to do with the CPU/GPU, or as it is on Xbox 360 Slim (XCGPU), E79 is related to the NAND and/or the southbridge

21 hours ago, Swizzy said:

E79 has nothing to do with the CPU/GPU, or as it is on Xbox 360 Slim (XCGPU), E79 is related to the NAND and/or the southbridge

Yeah. I think that guy meant to say southbridge, but simplifies it as cpu.

1 hour ago, LuffyDragon said:

Yeah. I think that guy meant to say southbridge, but simplifies it as cpu.

That doesn't make much sense either as the southbridge doesn't overheat... it's the chip in the center of the board without any cooling, it simply doesn't run fast enough to ever really overheat, and even if it did you wouldn't have the kind of temperatures that would cause the balls underneath go bad like on the XCGPU

21 hours ago, Swizzy said:

That doesn't make much sense either as the southbridge doesn't overheat... it's the chip in the center of the board without any cooling, it simply doesn't run fast enough to ever really overheat, and even if it did you wouldn't have the kind of temperatures that would cause the balls underneath go bad like on the XCGPU

Now I'm just confuse about these things hahaha

All I know is that it fixed. However, I'm interested to know more about things that could cause the chip to be the problem in my case. I'm positive that it is the nand and not the southbridge thingy, but what I could do. My brother send it to the guy already and yeah he is clueless about the system. I bet that guy didn't do the reballing thing and just re-write the nand with a self-made reader. Is it possible to reball at home?

31 minutes ago, LuffyDragon said:

Now I'm just confuse about these things hahaha

All I know is that it fixed. However, I'm interested to know more about things that could cause the chip to be the problem in my case. I'm positive that it is the nand and not the southbridge thingy, but what I could do. My brother send it to the guy already and yeah he is clueless about the system. I bet that guy didn't do the reballing thing and just re-write the nand with a self-made reader. Is it possible to reball at home?

It's possible yes, you just need specalized equipment and ALOT of experience...