RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
saywaking

[UtilityScripts] more Gizmo/Script Features

As i mentioned in different posts, i miss some features.

1.) Defining Size of the Gizmo Dialogue

2.) XuiHtmlElement (for my Unity-News Script)

3.) Sessions, Cookies in Lua Code

4.) Enabling more Xboxunity features/APIs, like APIKey Login, using Login Session from Aurora or else ...

5.) Video Playback? (like Screenshots, Trailer function) (is m3u possible?)

6.) "Kernel.GetFanSpeed()"

7.) (Multi-)Threads, parallel functions, functions in the background

8.) Force-Stop a Function (for loop break or httpRequests)

9.) More GizmoCommands, like Arrow-Buttons or Analog-Controller, Shoulder-Buttons

10.) SetColor, size, visual for Xui Lable/Text-Elements

11.) Localization

12.) Screenshots, Gif-Creation or Video-Records (like for Aurora, Script, Demonstration)

13.) ping and port tests.

14.) Sound Support, play Media Files

More to come.

Feel free to append your needs.

• Like 3

I brought some of this up with MaesterRowen, when I was trying to figure this out myself, and was told that I was expecting too much from the API, at least at the moment. Then again, I was trying to run multiple scenes, and lists and stuff like that. 

I think, those things wouldn't be that hard to implement. Some of them seem not even thought or there was no enough time. I cant judge that, you know the best.

We could have more features but maybe it couldnt just do it till now.

I can only say 2 of my scripts are on hold till then.

:)

• Like 1

Readme.md5
Line (171) object userdata:InvokeUI( string basePath, string title, string sceneFile, [string skinFile], [table initData] );

i want to use different Gizmo with different scene and skinFiles. To better structuring, i create a "skin" directory. Apparently it's only a string and can't be a "Path". The File is always a single file and has to be next to the script. I want a structure with different directories.

I didn't look much into it yet, maybe i couldn't figure it out.

4 hours ago, saywaking said:

Readme.md5
Line (171) object userdata:InvokeUI( string basePath, string title, string sceneFile, [string skinFile], [table initData] );

i want to use different Gizmo with different scene and skinFiles. To better structuring, i create a "skin" directory. Apparently it's only a string and can't be a "Path". The File is always a single file and has to be next to the script. I want a structure with different directories.

I didn't look much into it yet, maybe i couldn't figure it out.

You very well can define a substructure.. but every single thing has to be re-defined to be within that subdirectory.. which.. can be a huge pain.. 

Also the skin is defined within the main code of Aurora I believe.. I will check some Gizmo stuff.. but the whole scene setup is very well in it's infancy stage.. and honestly you're asking for alot to be done, which is all fine and dandy.. but I think the core should be more improved, before "after-market" stuff is supported.. if you understand my reference..

9 minutes ago, felida said:

You very well can define a substructure.. but every single thing has to be re-defined to be within that subdirectory.. which.. can be a huge pain.. 

Also the skin is defined within the main code of Aurora I believe.. I will check some Gizmo stuff.. but the whole scene setup is very well in it's infancy stage.. and honestly you're asking for alot to be done, which is all fine and dandy.. but I think the core should be more improved, before "after-market" stuff is supported.. if you understand my reference..

Example:

.\skin\skin.xur

.\skin\scene.xur

.\gizmo.lua

-> .. "\\skin\skin.xur", "\\skin\scene.xur" ...

The Script crashes, and you won't see any logs.

It only works, if gizmo.lua, scene.xur and skin.xur are in the same folder. I wanted to define a folder-structure. It's not that important tho, but if it's not having other dependencies, it should be possible in a easy way.

1 minute ago, saywaking said:

Example:

.\skin\skin.xur

.\skin\scene.xur

.\gizmo.lua

It only works, if gizmo.lua, scene.xur and skin.xur are in the same folder. I wanted to define a folder-structure. It's not that important tho, but if it's not having other dependencies, it should be possible in a easy way.

The file you want to manipulate would be in Aurora source code.. it is defined there.. not accessible by end user.. the sdk has examples of basic skins and such.. and within the source code, is where you define the skin.xur and everything.. but yeah.. to accurately answer, I'm 99% sure, the dev's only want to use 1 skin.xur instead of multiple, but yes, I DO see the advantage of the substructure setup.. just might not be doable or ideal, in a programmer logic

6 hours ago, saywaking said:

Example:

.\skin\skin.xur

.\skin\scene.xur

.\gizmo.lua

i believe the path is relative, but you are defining it as absolute, try skipping the first "\\" and see if that works for you

I think i already tried that even in the first place. It would be nice, if the console doesn't freeze in that case.

I will try again later.

Edit: Ok, it looks like it works with relative Paths. Dunno why i didn't figure that out.

"skin\\skin.xur"

i got some question

1.)

Im passing initData to a Gizmo Scene not only to show, but to manipulate its content when a User "select" options.

How can i return the table back to my main script, which does the gizmo.run.

i basically want to return my manipulated initData on Close

2.) I want to disable Commad A and not display the Button. Is this possible?

• Like 1

1)  I believe you will need to store a copy of the initData table into a global variable, manipulate the contents of the table, and then when you call this:Dismiss( data ) you should be able to return your table.

2)  You should be able to disable the Command A by calling hGizmo:SetCommandEnabled( 1, false ).  I believe you can hide a button by either setting the command text ot null or empty.   For example,   hGizmo:SetCommandText( 1, nil ) should hide the A button.

Yes, i solved that already like that. Thanks. But i saved that scriptData in the Gizmo Variable, so it's more understandable where the variable comes from. Also remembered that tables are referenced values anyway.

Apparently there is no "Kernel.GetFanSpeed()" function available. I miss that.

Edited the first post.

Edit: there is no "Script.SetRefreshListOnExit()" but "Script.RefreshListOnExit()"

Edit: "Thread.Sleep()" is the same to "wait()"

Edit: gizmo userdata ShowNotification is not working. It may also be the same of Script.ShowNotification() -> There is userdata:Notify()

Edit: gizmo userdata:ShowMessageBox is mentioned in the Readme. It's ShowMessagebox()

I said like 2 years ago that FFMPEG would be a cool addition to aurora, and got shot down, as it isnt a media center, but a game launcher. That being said, MaesterRowen has been working on porting an MP3 library, but I dont know what the status of that is, so I can say with some confidence it wont be in 0.7b. That being said, there is an older FFMPEG library for the xbox, but it is fairly buggy, and still needed alot of work at the time. That was like 5 or 6 years ago, and no one has messed with it sense. So FFMPEG has come a long way since then, so I am assuming a new port would be in order for the new features/libraries. That is a lot of work, and the general interest isnt there for the people with the know how.