RealModScene
Stoyan K

RGH 1.2 on older than 14699 dashboard?

As the topic said, can I use RGH 1.2 on phat Jasper 256MB BB, which is retail updated only to dash 13..... something ( then only with hacked images to this day, console's beeing RGH 1 hacked) ?

I know I can update the retail dash to newer and then use RGH 1.2, but I still prefer to be able to RGH 1 too. So can I use RGH 1.2 on this console, which is with older than 14699 dashboard?

Thank you!

• Like 1

Yes, there are some differences in wiring and timing files too, but i need to be 100% sure, that rgh 1.2 method will not work on dashes before 14699. : )

Yes, there are some differences in wiring and timing files too, but i need to be 100% sure, that rgh 1.2 method will not work on dashes before 14699. : )

The timings are based on the Bootloader, which afaik is higher then 14699 and lower, besides... what's the point in using a hack designed for newer bootloaders when there is a easy to install one for older ones that works perfectly fine?!

For example, Falcon & Jasper consoles are very stable when using RGH 1.0/1.1

Because the post_out + the alternative post_out points, used in rgh 1 , are a bit broken in this xbox  : P  .  And using a scratched trace for a soldering point is not that good at all.  : )

Because the post_out + the alternative post_out points, used in rgh 1 , are a bit broken in this xbox  : P  .  And using a scratched trace for a soldering point is not that good at all.  : )

Then update the console to a supported version ;)

Haha, true that, but I will try RGH 1 first. The story is, that the trace going from the alternative post_out point, to the CPU is cutted ( under the heatsink ), so the post_out pad will not work too. I know this trace is not need for a normal xbox, without any modification. So.. i will try to solder directly to the trace after the cut ( which going to the CPU ), instead of soldering both ends of the trace and then soldering to the ALT post_out point. Any suggestions here? : )

And one more question - what mostly is the problem, when I hear that vents pulsing in 5 sec, a.k.a. xbox trying to glitch, but there is black screen only, and there is only the middle green light on the xbox  ( the glicher is a coolrunner clone, so no leds on it ). The xbox works perfectly with stock nand.

I would do the update, then you are sure the drive firmware gets updated too. I dont remember where the cut off was on that, it might have been 13599, but I thought it was after that. If you dont update the firmware, newer game discs wont play, even with the new kernel.

Haha, true that, but I will try RGH 1 first. The story is, that the trace going from the alternative post_out point, to the CPU is cutted ( under the heatsink ), so the post_out pad will not work too. I know this trace is not need for a normal xbox, without any modification. So.. i will try to solder directly to the trace after the cut ( which going to the CPU ), instead of soldering both ends of the trace and then soldering to the ALT post_out point. Any suggestions here? : )

And one more question - what mostly is the problem, when I hear that vents pulsing in 5 sec, a.k.a. xbox trying to glitch, but there is black screen only, and there is only the middle green light on the xbox  ( the glicher is a coolrunner clone, so no leds on it ). The xbox works perfectly with stock nand.

If the fan is constantly revving up, it means that there is a problem with cpu_rst, possibly shorted or cut somewhere between the CPU and the southbrdige

it could also be a pll_bypass issue...

If on the other hand you hear it attempting to glitch every 5s, it's simply trying but failing due to some other reason, could be a bad connection somewhere, bad timings, bad chip etc. etc.

Thank you so much, for the fast answers, my friends! This world need more people like you, who are ready to help others ! Really apreciate the support !

I will try now with a new coolrunner rev D chip, RGH 1 method. Trying to use good cables and best positioning. If not work, i will flash the needed retail nand and try RGH 1.2. By the way, I am not using the DVD drive ( it was on LT 2 hack ), so it is not important for me to be able to run DVD's with new games on it.

Also I have all the keys  ( CPU  , DVD )  and good original nand dumps from before ( only 4 bad blocks in not important positions, already remaped with j-runner, and console were working with them up to this day). And yes, the console starts with the original nand without problems.

• Like 2

RGH1.2 was designed around the 15574 bootloader, just like R-JTAG, it probably wont work, but I have never tried it. It glitches the CB, and the CB changed at 14699 and 15574.

It will work. I've done it.

...you will need to update past 15574 for rgh1.2 to work.
RGH1.2 was designed around the 15574 bootloader, just like R-JTAG, it probably wont work, but I have never tried it. It glitches the CB, and the CB changed at 14699 and 15574.

No. For a R-JTOP or a R-JTAG you will need to update the stock Nand to at least 15572/15574 but not for a RGH 1.2 because CSEQ check is disable in RGH 2.0 and RGH 1.2 = RGH 2.0 ECC + RGH 2.0 FB Image. So no worry about the fuses. Thus you can still revert to RGH 1 anytime you want.

A little more explanations :

Xecuter RGH2.0 Features introduced:

Hack now works on new CB's (14717/14719 update)
Hack now works with all Refurbished Split CB's (4577, 5772, 6752)
Zephyr CB 4578, 4575, 4577
Falcon/Opus CB 5771, 5772, 5773
Jasper CB 6750, 6752, 6753
Trinity (Slim) CB 9188, 9230

To confirm, we can now glitch Phats with any kernel and any bootloader.

And that :

In the slim boot chain the 2nd bootloader (CB) is split into two pieces. The first part simply starts encryption and loads the second part, which does fuse checks and all the things that the old single CB did. By glitching the first part (CBA), we take control of the system before the fuse checks occur and can patch them out. The slim bootchain has always used this layout and some groups have even tried bringing the slim CBA to phat and using the old single phat (RGH1) CB as CBB. Glitching this way will work if you set it up right, but there are actually phat xboxes that already have their own split CB boot chain which were mostly ones that had been refurbished (CB 5772, 6752, 4577).

What we have done is simultaneously find glitch timings for these refurbs, dump their cpu_key, decrypt the boot chain, and port it to run on every other phat! This means that on phats we can now glitch before the fuse check and thus have an unpatchable hack just like trinity!

• Like 1

Thank you so much for the information ! Now i need help again. Everything is set up for RGH 1, the coolrunner chip is programmed for jasper. But when i connect it to the board - there is the only bright red light on the coolrunner. But when i start the console, nothing happens. No green light on the console. Console works fine without the coorunner  and with stock nand. Also it starts ( green light on the console ) with 3v3 line out of the coolrunner ( ofcourse it loads nothing ). The hacked .Ecc is ofcourse flashed with nandpro and +w64 command. What the problem could be?

I will try RGH 1.2 next,  to see if this will change something ( with Glich 2 .ecc ).

Thank you so much for the information ! Now i need help again. Everything is set up for RGH 1, the coolrunner chip is programmed for jasper. But when i connect it to the board - there is the only bright red light on the coolrunner. But when i start the console, nothing happens. No green light on the console. Console works fine without the coorunner and with stock nand. Also it starts ( green light on the console ) with 3v3 line out of the coolrunner ( ofcourse it loads nothing ). The hacked .Ecc is ofcourse flashed with nandpro and +w64 command. What the problem could be?

I will try RGH 1.2 next, to see if this will change something ( with Glich 2 .ecc ).

That means the CR is no good, possibly a short to vcc, or the chip never got programmed properly...

In general, it's bad to disconnect power as the chip may try to power itself with the other ports which results in possible damage to the motherboard

Sent from my SM-G903F

Thank you, I will check the CR very closely now. It can be a bad flash to CR, you said? ( I hope the second one, because i can try much more things with the flasing ). Interesting thing is that if i start the consle with CR installed - no boot ( no green light on xbox ), but if I disconect the power supply in this moment and then connect it again, console shows green light. Nothing loads and CR not trying to glitch ( green light on CR  off , but red on ).

Bad flash to the cr, or a hardware fault on the cr yes

Sent from my SM-G903F

I found that it is the point B on the CR, when I solder this point on the CR, the green light on the console don't turn on. With the others it boots. My connection to the motherboard is good on point B. Hmm... what could be... May be to inspect the CR traces from this point?

EDIT: Oh my...it glich to Xell first time without Point B connected??? Haha, what I need point B for? : D

EDIT2: http://team-xecuter.com/forums/threads/98645-RGH1-Jasper-BB-512-Booting-without-STBY_CLK-Connected , same thing with me, same chip, is it somehow prepared for CORONA and not need of STBY_CLK ? If it is, i am so happy and thank you again !!

Edited by Stoyan K

I found that it is the point B on the CR, when I solder this point on the CR, the green light on the console don't turn on. With the others it boots. My connection to the motherboard is good on point B. Hmm... what could be... May be to inspect the CR traces from this point?

EDIT: Oh my...it glich to Xell first time without Point B connected??? Haha, what I need point B for? : D

EDIT2: http://team-xecuter.com/forums/threads/98645-RGH1-Jasper-BB-512-Booting-without-STBY_CLK-Connected , same thing with me, same chip, is it somehow prepared for CORONA and not need of STBY_CLK ? If it is, i am so happy and thank you again !!

Depends on which chip you actually have, don't think you ever really said?

Sent from my SM-G903F

I have this on the picture - coolrunner REV D, with the label CORONA on it, flashed with jasper timing files. But If it starts xell every single time, from the first glich signal, I don't think point B is needed for my setup.. ?

I have this on the picture - coolrunner REV D, with the label CORONA on it, flashed with jasper timing files. But If it starts xell every single time, from the first glich signal, I don't think point B is needed for my setup.. ?

Yeah.. the unofficial rev d, and everthing else after that.. has a crystal on the coolrunner itself.. which is for corona.. it does its own timing cycle..

Basically if u wanna use point b, u have to disable the crystal.. if not, dont use the point.. and you get what u got.. a glitching console..

But my advice? Just dont use point b lol.. as i believe it isnt used by corona anyhow.. but it is on the rev d's as it is made for multiple consoles.. if u were gonna use it in a phat.. you would have to disable the crysal

• Like 1

Yeah.. the unofficial rev d, and everthing else after that.. has a crystal on the coolrunner itself.. which is for corona.. it does its own timing cycle..

Basically if u wanna use point b, u have to disable the crystal.. if not, dont use the point.. and you get what u got.. a glitching console..

But my advice? Just dont use point b lol.. as i believe it isnt used by corona anyhow.. but it is on the rev d's as it is made for multiple consoles.. if u were gonna use it in a phat.. you would have to disable the crysal

I would use the onboard crystal if it works...

Sent from my SM-G903F