RealModScene
muppo

[SKIN] Blue Mountains Neo (0.6b)

Hi!

I thought my previous skin Blue Mountains can have a bit more stylish look so I reworked it from scrach taking some good ideas x1024 used on his Blur skin and there is the end result. Also I want to thank Swizzy, who kindly helped me with the translation issues I had.

Hope you ike it!

Blue Mountains Neo

Preview.jpg

splashoptions.jpg
main.jpg
quickmenu.jpg
quickview.jpg
gameoptions.jpg
customloadinganimation.jpg
generalsettings.jpg
config.jpg
filemanager.jpg

Warning:

If you want to use any other language than english, your standard translation file will not match every single text on this skin due to several changes on the files. English xml is provided for you to work on your custom translation if you like to.
Spanish language -already translated as you can see on the screenshots- available to download aswell.

- - -

[ Skin ]

BlueMountainsNeo.xzp

[ English language XML ]

EN-US.xml

[ Spanish translation ]

ES-ES-MU.xzp

[ Italian translation by Leon9O ]

DOWNLOAD

- - -

• Like 14

This looks great, good job!

Not to mention it shows that there is quite a bit more freedom with the skin then some believe just because most skins are minor modifications mostly related to the colors and default background :)

Sent from my SM-G903F

Unless he replaced the background object it should be possible to change the background directly in aurora...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Unless he replaced the background object it should be possible to change the background directly in aurora...

Sent from my SM-G903F

yes i can change the background, but not in this menu

generalsettings.jpg

generalsettings.jpg

The way it is done includes both Background.jpg and Background_blur.jpg on the skin and a customized script to manage it (All credits to x1024 who created it for his Blur skin)

So you can open the .xzp, change the backgrounds for whatever you like then repack the skin.

Other way is I can repack it without the blur thing so users can choose their own wallpaper for all the theme, it's not a big deal at all.

I'm including the italian translation on the first post, by the way :)

Thanks SNAKE_8

That's because I deactivated sounds. I like having Metro sounds but it feels weird to ear these on some screens and none at the rest so I decided to disable all of them.

There are lots of thing I have to learn about how XuiTools works yet, tho

By the way, I edited last post to encourage people learn how skins works because there are lots of ideas which can be done -as Swizzy suggested-

Funny thing is when I removed the blurred background I create a even_more_transparency_everywhere skin, will test it a bit today and if it works fine I'll upload it as a xmas gift or whatever.

• Like 2

The way it is done includes both Background.jpg and Background_blur.jpg on the skin and a customized script to manage it (All credits to x1024 who created it for his Blur skin)

So you can open the .xzp, change the backgrounds for whatever you like then repack the skin.

Other way is I can repack it without the blur thing so users can choose their own wallpaper for all the theme, it's not a big deal at all.

I'm including the italian translation on the first post, by the way :)

so for change the background need pc, not possible on aurora?

It is possible but most of the time skin shows secondary background, AKA "background_blur.jpg" so there are some changes to be done before you can change it from aurora.

@Swizzy
As skin can be uploaded without being packed, you can just overwrite those backgrounds directly from the file manager. Am I right?

It is possible but most of the time skin shows secondary background, AKA "background_blur.jpg" so there are some changes to be done before you can change it from aurora.

@Swizzy

As skin can be uploaded without being packed, you can just overwrite those backgrounds directly from the file manager. Am I right?

I believe so yes

Sent from my SM-G903F

@muppo i have problem with this skin, the time of boot is 45 seconds (any automatic scans)

other skins 5-10 seconds

Try Blur skin by x1024 and tell me if it does the same or not, so I can locate where's the problem

Try Blur skin by x1024 and tell me if it does the same or not, so I can locate where's the problem

i tried today skin and work boot on 12 seconds, i don't know why :(sorry for the inconvenience

I hope, you can implement the change background for as theme :p

i tried today skin and work boot on 12 seconds, i don't know why :( sorry for the inconvenience

I hope, you can implement the change background for as theme :p

While a skin can technically slow loading times.. it has nothing to do with inital loading times.. the loading screen takes its time by how long it has to parse the db, tu's, ect.. if no autoscanning is set, loading is hella faster, if you have a small collection, boots faster, ect..

Now while i havent taken a peek under the hood of this skin.. if they didnt change the loading screen with tons of stuff.. more than likely it will hang after all the scanning for a bit.. to initalize the 2nd part of aurora, where the coverflow is..

• Like 1

generalsettings.jpg

To change the bg of this particular section, you have to add one in mate.. the utilities.xur has a transparent bg, which is why u still see the normal bg

To change the bg of this particular section, you have to add one in mate.. the utilities.xur has a transparent bg, which is why u still see the normal bg

I'm working on this but this days is hard to find time for stuff, you now.

Have a nice 2016 outcome and 2017 income all of you !! :sorcerer:

• Like 2

I'm working on this but this days is hard to find time for stuff, you now.

Have a nice 2016 outcome and 2017 income all of you !! :sorcerer:

It is just as simple as hitting the image icon, then sizing it to 1280x720.. and setting the image path.. just make sure u move the image layer below everything, else the image will cover everything lol..

By default, when u add it, it will come at the top of the list.. so just drag it below everything.. and u will be good to go mate

• Like 2

Already tried that felida, but even if I do link to the Aurora.Background.jpg it doesn't change pic when you select another different background from options, that's what I'm working on but have no enough time this weeks :/

Already tried that felida, but even if I do link to the Aurora.Background.jpg it doesn't change pic when you select another different background from options, that's what I'm working on but have no enough time this weeks :/

Ha.. that is because aurora is only set to change the main bg mate.. nothing you can do without changing the code inside.. you could do like begalegal i think, and make a bg that transitions between 10 or so.. if u want.. but yeah.. dont be discouraged.. just somethings you cant do in the skin, without actually changing aurora coding
  • Like 2

You might suggest an option for something like this...... Probably wont happen, but who am I to say what phoenix will and wont add in future versions. They have taken alot of ideas from the community at large for all sorts of different things. Not everything turned out as expected, but maybe you will get exactly what you want.

• Like 1

On 12/30/2016 at 10:41 AM, felida said:
On 12/23/2016 at 5:00 AM, Leon9O said:

generalsettings.jpg

you can change this bg very easily, ive done it...as felida says set the image path in 'utilites_systemtools.xur' to your 2nd bg you want.

• Like 1