RealModScene
malonso

Do you know something about if you will get chip rgh for xbox One ??

From all accounts I have heard, someone has already done it, but since there is no point at this point in time(No homebrew to run), they are not releasing the details, so microsoft doesnt patch the hack. Cant say for certain though, as this is internet rumor. Though Xecuter said there was some promising work on their end on this. Dont know the details though.

There are people working on things always, but... most do it for the fun, not for anyone else... some keep their findings to themselves once they figure it out, others release it...

But as gavin said above, there isn't much point atm to release it, if microsoft patches the hack before it's released, it'll likely be released just because of that, otherwise it'll be kept private until whoever created it decides it's useful for the community...

Considering the fact that you can already create and run homebrew on the Xbox One without hacking it (although you have to pay them to dev enable your console) chances are slim-to-none that it'll be released any time soon ;)

Tbh.. modding the xb1 would be a cool feat.. but really is pointless.. look how many ruined the live community with hacks/cheats? If there would be a mod for xb1.. it should be for linux port or something.. not for games and such.. lol

Tbh.. modding the xb1 would be a cool feat.. but really is pointless.. look how many ruined the live community with hacks/cheats? If there would be a mod for xb1.. it should be for linux port or something.. not for games and such.. lol

There are only 2 reasons to hack the xb1 for anything practical;

Gaining full access to the system/hardware

Play pirated/modded games

Sent from my SM-G903F

I wouldn't be surprised if we see in this generation no hack, or DVD Firmware.It looks like, Microsoft have learned his lessons.

There are only 2 reasons to hack the xb1 for anything practical;

Gaining full access to the system/hardware

Play pirated/modded games

Sent from my SM-G903F

Dont get me wrong.. would be nice to have emulators and homebrew on the console.. but even tho m$ has denied em.. there are web based emu's.. plus they give u 4 free titles per month.. and most new games are online only anyhow.. probably why the urge is minimal.. or kept a secret.. as modding it for free games is the less possible out come on this gen

Dont get me wrong.. would be nice to have emulators and homebrew on the console.. but even tho m$ has denied em.. there are web based emu's.. plus they give u 4 free titles per month.. and most new games are online only anyhow.. probably why the urge is minimal.. or kept a secret.. as modding it for free games is the less possible out come on this gen

There is dosbox in the store iirc...

Sent from my SM-G903F

There is dosbox in the store iirc...

Sent from my SM-G903F

I mean the notorious Nesbox type ones.. lol.. they got approved then pulled.. they countered with making a version that works with edge browser.. but.. would be nice to see ppsspp or similar on the console.. lol.. or even pcsx2.. DC.. ect.. haha.. as the console really is powerful enough to do this easily.. and xb1 already is a windows version variant.. so.. yeah lol..

I wouldn't be surprised if we see in this generation no hack, or DVD Firmware.It looks like, Microsoft have learned his lessons.

There is always something to exploit in my experience, It might not be anytime soon. could be like the sega saturn, which only recently got hacked, but eventually someone will figure it out. Might not be religious, but I have faith in that. ;)

• Like 1

Of course the old generation were all hacked. Its a question of time (mostly). This does not mean that it always goes on like this. Probably we have reached a point, where the technical effort is very High, with very high costs, to get full Hardware access. It's not worth the effort.

• Like 2

Of course the old generation were all hacked. Its a question of time (mostly). This does not mean that it always goes on like this. Probably we have reached a point, where the technical effort is very High, with very high costs, to get full Hardware access. It's not worth the effort.

The sega saturn hack came out like 1.5 years ago, after the system was over 10 years out of date. Mainly because someone with the know how wanted to see if it could be done. Now that is much older tech, but at the same time, as a guy who has extensively followed computer security and networking over the years, there is always an exploit, because computer code is written by people, and people arent perfect, even all of the programmers out there. That is why all official software companies go through extensive alpha and beta testing before releasing the software, and even then people find bugs in it. Example, the softmod gamesave exploits on the original xbox and the wii, both came out after hardware modifications. ;) It just takes a ton of time to find. I am assuming that there is even a possibility to launch a Jtag patched kernel from a gamesave exploit, someone just has to find a game that can be exploited, the exploit it. Who knows, I havnt tried, but isnt that basically what the KK hack was.

Many trusted scene Members get in touch with Xbox One, all have resigned. Of course it cannot be ruled out, that someone make it happend, but I wouldn't count on it. Maybe we have reached a point where your knowledge are alone is not sufficient. You need additional Hardware, depending on the type of attack. In theory many attacks are possible, but in practice much is not possible without (expensive) additional hardware.

• Like 2

The sega saturn hack came out like 1.5 years ago, after the system was over 10 years out of date. Mainly because someone with the know how wanted to see if it could be done. Now that is much older tech, but at the same time, as a guy who has extensively followed computer security and networking over the years, there is always an exploit, because computer code is written by people, and people arent perfect, even all of the programmers out there. That is why all official software companies go through extensive alpha and beta testing before releasing the software, and even then people find bugs in it. Example, the softmod gamesave exploits on the original xbox and the wii, both came out after hardware modifications. ;) It just takes a ton of time to find. I am assuming that there is even a possibility to launch a Jtag patched kernel from a gamesave exploit, someone just has to find a game that can be exploited, the exploit it. Who knows, I havnt tried, but isnt that basically what the KK hack was.

There are examples of this.. iso mods.. lol.. i remember when dead island came out, everyone on xbl had it iso modded to have the dev menu.. lol.. yeah it just takes the will to do so..
  • Like 2

There are examples of this.. iso mods.. lol.. i remember when dead island came out, everyone on xbl had it iso modded to have the dev menu.. lol.. yeah it just takes the will to do so..

On XB1 this isn't quite as "easy", it is once you find the encryption keys if the xvd isn't signed (which i believe it is?)

What i know for sure is that the XVD is encrypted on the disc, beyond that there is also security sectors on the disc which cannot be read with an ordinary BD drive (the game contents can be read with a standard BD drive) obviously a standard BD drive can read the sectors if given a firmware that knows how to do so... but... who has that? ;)

Sent from my SM-G903F

On XB1 this isn't quite as "easy", it is once you find the encryption keys if the xvd isn't signed (which i believe it is?)

What i know for sure is that the XVD is encrypted on the disc, beyond that there is also security sectors on the disc which cannot be read with an ordinary BD drive (the game contents can be read with a standard BD drive) obviously a standard BD drive can read the sectors if given a firmware that knows how to do so... but... who has that? ;)

Sent from my SM-G903F

C4eva? Hahahah

I heard he was extracted game content XB1 BY PIONEER BD-RW BDR-208D Is that correct ?

Yes and no, you can read the xvd and a few other files with it... but... it's encrypted... so no actual gamedata can be extracted...

That BD is the one i used btw in case you didn't know i was the first (after c4eva) to dump a XB1 game, i was the first to make it public how it was done tho... however, these dumps are pretty useless as we don't have the encryption key nor the security sectors... you can in theory install the gamedata manually to a XB1 using the XVD that can be pulled from disc using this method, but it won't run without a license/disc

Sent from my SM-G903F

Yes and no, you can read the xvd and a few other files with it... but... it's encrypted... so no actual gamedata can be extracted...

That BD is the one i used btw in case you didn't know i was the first (after c4eva) to dump a XB1 game, i was the first to make it public how it was done tho... however, these dumps are pretty useless as we don't have the encryption key nor the security sectors... you can in theory install the gamedata manually to a XB1 using the XVD that can be pulled from disc using this method, but it won't run without a license/disc

Sent from my SM-G903F

Yes it is true I read in an article about you first did this  ;) ....But over time, I think it will be reached license 

Every XVD Container is crypted with a 256 Bit Key. The Key is stored in the PSP (Platform Security Processor). You can found these PSP in your Xbox One SoC( CPU) (if you want to grap the Key). If someone found a way to grap these Key (by a Hardware Attack), we can encrypted the Game Containers. But you can not do anything with it. You need also the security Sectors, licence Data, and Probably other things to run the stuff.

If the Xbox One get hacked, It wouldn't surprise me, if Microsoft get back to there always online concept, to play games.

• Like 4

Every XVD Container is crypted with a 256 Bit Key. The Key is stored in the PSP (Platform Security Processor). You can found these PSP in your Xbox One SoC( CPU) (if you want to grap the Key). If someone found a way to grap these Key (by a Hardware), we can encrypted the Game Containers. But you can not do anything with it. You need also the security Sectors, licence Data, and Probably other things to run the stuff.

If the Xbox One get hacked, It wouldn't surprise me, if Microsoft get back to there always online concept, to play games.

And what is the difference for most of the games out now? Lol..
  • Like 1

Every XVD Container is crypted with a 256 Bit Key. The Key is stored in the PSP (Platform Security Processor). You can found these PSP in your Xbox One SoC( CPU) (if you want to grap the Key). If someone found a way to grap these Key (by a Hardware), we can encrypted the Game Containers. But you can not do anything with it. You need also the security Sectors, licence Data, and Probably other things to run the stuff.

Microsoft has taken lessons from past mistakes and it became almost impossible now

I am fairly certain that xecuter already pulled the keys from the chip, by method of a microscope, and acid bath. He was hinting a while back that they had a breakthrough on the xbox one. Now, I know they have a nand dump, but I dont know if they could decrypt it, or much else. He was very vague about it, other than they had a breakthrough. He was also posting xrays of the SOC like right after it came out. If you have the right tools, you can reverse engineer the chip, and possibly find a way. That being said, 15432 released his research on the winchester model 360, and deemed it unglitchable, as the cpu_rst line has a protection circuit and the post out is hard to get to. basically if you send a 150nm pulse on the reset line, the system throws an error. So it looks like microsoft is learning, and the next gen might not see much for quite a while. That being said, from the hints dropped, I wouldnt loose hope. It is like the PS4 hack, which has now been patched, but someone managed to get it to play copied games, so who knows. 

• Like 2

Microsoft has taken lessons from past mistakes and it became almost impossible now

I wouldn't count on it. In the past, Microsoft changed her view more than one time.

I am fairly certain that xecuter already pulled the keys from the chip, by method of a microscope, and acid bath. He was hinting a while back that they had a breakthrough on the xbox one. Now, I know they have a nand dump, but I dont know if they could decrypt it, or much else. He was very vague about it, other than they had a breakthrough. He was also posting xrays of the SOC like right after it came out. If you have the right tools, you can reverse engineer the chip, and possibly find a way.

A lot is possible, if you had the technical background knowledge & needful money. Like I said it will be expensive associated with a high effort. I have read the Team Xecuter postings also, but I am almost inclined to think it a lot of PR, but I will let myself be surprised.

• Like 2