RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
BlueSn00w

Werad Xenon Xbox360?

So... I picked up a Xbox360 For $20.50 on ebay planing to attempt a jtag/RGH

I get it its on a older NXE dash so im like welp ima pop it open and dust it out then i see weariness? 

http://imgur.com/a/odkie

http://imgur.com/CPVLp7t

http://imgur.com/A8Insa6

http://imgur.com/UDtHbyN

Let me know what Motherboard this is.... And how i would RGH it with a ace v3 or coolrunner :D

Thanks in the future

• Like 1

So... I picked up a Xbox360 For $20.50 on ebay planing to attempt a jtag/RGH

I get it its on a older NXE dash so im like welp ima pop it open and dust it out then i see weariness? 

http://imgur.com/a/odkie

http://imgur.com/CPVLp7t

http://imgur.com/A8Insa6

http://imgur.com/UDtHbyN

Let me know what Motherboard this is.... And how i would RGH it with a ace v3 or coolrunner :D

Thanks in the future

Also found a MadCatz logo on the back of faceplate... Did they RROD fix it or upgrade heatsinks so it wort RROD but also the waranty sticker was still there...

Not really a wierd xenon, it has just been serviced by microsoft, and the mad cats label is probably from a replacement faceplate. as for hacks for it, you could try rgh1.2, but S-RGH isnt going to work, as it has no Hana chip to slow the CPU down. That being said, only CPU's manufactured in canada will glitch, and even then it isnt reliable. I also dont know if J-Runner has patches for Xenon for RGH2 image, but I am sure that 15432 could answer your questions about this better than I can.

• Like 1

Not really a wierd xenon, it has just been serviced by microsoft, and the mad cats label is probably from a replacement faceplate. as for hacks for it, you could try rgh1.2, but S-RGH isnt going to work, as it has no Hana chip to slow the CPU down. That being said, only CPU's manufactured in canada will glitch, and even then it isnt reliable. I also dont know if J-Runner has patches for Xenon for RGH2 image, but I am sure that 15432 could answer your questions about this better than I can.

Actually, you don't use the HANA chip to slowdown the CPU, you use it's CLK to determine how fast to count... the southbridge is what slows down the CPU...

The proper information we need is; What kernel version is it on? If it's 2.0.7371.0 or older you'd use JTAG to hack it (which always work)

Sent from my SM-G903F

I thought the I2C signal to the Hana chip slowed down the CPU, Not the southbridge, like CPU_PLL_BYPASS does on RGH1/RGH1.2. Could be wrong, as I have never looked that deep into it. Now I know the clock is used to keep track of timing, with chips without crystals, but that isnt needed with most chips anymore.

Actually, you don't use the HANA chip to slowdown the CPU, you use it's CLK to determine how fast to count... the southbridge is what slows down the CPU...

The proper information we need is; What kernel version is it on? If it's 2.0.7371.0 or older you'd use JTAG to hack it (which always work)

Sent from my SM-G903F

0ef7fcfcca6f6e8286bec0c933038ed6.jpg

Also all xenons are rghable there is a tut somewhere

Sent from my LGLS992

0ef7fcfcca6f6e8286bec0c933038ed6.jpg

Also all xenons are rghable there is a tut somewhere

Sent from my LGLS992

You can install RGH on all models, but it's really NOT worth the time and effort, as most of them will work very poorly (it's mostly only useable to get the dvdkey to repair it if that key has been lost)

Sent from my SM-G903F

You can install RGH on all models, but it's really NOT worth the time and effort, as most of them will work very poorly (it's mostly only useable to get the dvdkey to repair it if that key has been lost)

Sent from my SM-G903F

So what do i do?

Sent from my LGLS992

So what do i do?

Sent from my LGLS992

Well, you could sell it to someone else, you could use it as-is, you could flash the DVD drive, you could get and install an xk3y instead etc. etc. there are many possibilities, but... i wouldn't install RGH in a Xenon...

And as you can easily tell in your picture you posted, your kernel is too high for JTAG:

2.0.13599.0 is higher then

Well, you could sell it to someone else, you could use it as-is, you could flash the DVD drive, you could get and install an xk3y instead etc. etc. there are many possibilities, but... i wouldn't install RGH in a Xenon...

And as you can easily tell in your picture you posted, your kernel is too high for JTAG:

2.0.13599.0 is higher then

How can i flash the drive for free or cheep? Also will it rrod with the updated heatsink.

Sent from my LGLS992

I had never seen someone, that could be boot with RGH into Dash with a Xenon Board. Its only useful to improve your soldering skills (exercise), or if you want recover your Key from your DVD Drive, or use it as spare parts depot, but that's it.

• Like 1

How can i flash the drive for free or cheep? Also will it rrod with the updated heatsink.

Sent from my LGLS992

You can't do it for free, and you would need to get a X360USB PRO v2 or a CK3 + a compatible SATA chipset for your drive (or a X360USB Pro v1 + the CK3)

You can't do it for free, and you would need to get a X360USB PRO v2 or a CK3 + a compatible SATA chipset for your drive (or a X360USB Pro v1 + the CK3)

Well im prob going to try to rgh it dvd drive flash is 2 pricey

Sent from my LGLS992

I beg to differ. I have flashed many drives without any of that. Placed the xbox close to my pc and hooked it up to the dvd drive and flashed away. Didnt spend a penny. 

I beg to differ. I have flashed many drives without any of that. Placed the xbox close to my pc and hooked it up to the dvd drive and flashed away. Didnt spend a penny.

Chances are high that you cause bad damage doing so, considering this guys age, i highly recommend NOT doing this...

Also, it depends ALOT on the dvd model, certain ones do require this special kit (hitachi & liteon for example)

Sent from my SM-G903F

I doubt there will be a liteon drive in a xenon, and old hitatchi drives are like benq drives in alot of ways, and should be flashable with minimal kit needs. Phat litons require a switch and ground wire, but I dont think that TX wants you to know that when they are selling their probe for it. lol. The only ones that requires a "Kit" as I would call it would be the latest hitachi and liteon drives. being a phat console and a xenon, this wont make much difference.

I doubt there will be a liteon drive in a xenon, and old hitatchi drives are like benq drives in alot of ways, and should be flashable with minimal kit needs. Phat litons require a switch and ground wire, but I dont think that TX wants you to know that when they are selling their probe for it. lol. The only ones that requires a "Kit" as I would call it would be the latest hitachi and liteon drives. being a phat console and a xenon, this wont make much difference.

Liteon is possible in refurbished consoles (ms repairs), hitachi drives need to be put into "ModeB" which you use a kit for, if it's a Hitachi 79 you also need to have a unlock CD...

Also, that trick with the MRA hack isn't needed if you have the probe, the probe is to simplify things... in the beginning the first liteon drives needed the probe as the MRA hack didn't come until a new breed of liteon started showing up... there are 4 different versions of liteon drives, first 2 can be done without soldering, last can't... unless you use the newer probe v2 method...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Liteon is possible in refurbished consoles (ms repairs), hitachi drives need to be put into "ModeB" which you use a kit for, if it's a Hitachi 79 you also need to have a unlock CD...

Also, that trick with the MRA hack isn't needed if you have the probe, the probe is to simplify things... in the beginning the first liteon drives needed the probe as the MRA hack didn't come until a new breed of liteon started showing up... there are 4 different versions of liteon drives, first 2 can be done without soldering, last can't... unless you use the newer probe v2 method...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Or the better probe 3, that is inline with the ck3 cord