RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
road hazard

Aurora 0.6b trainer problems, everything looks right but no go

Using Aurora 0.6b and having zero luck getting trainers to work.

I have a trainer for GTA 5. Placed it on my XBox 360 drive (hdd1:\Aurora\Trainers\545408A7) and inside that folder is Trainer(RETROBYTE).xex.

I verified that the media ID matches (79E465C5) and I turned off the FSD plugin from auto-loading at boot but when I go into game details and select trainers, nothing shows up. TU is # 26.

As a matter of fact, I tested about 5 other games and even though media ID, title ID and TU all line up.......the trainers for those games aren't popping up in Aurora. This leads me to believe I'm doing something stupid.

Any ideas?

• Like 2

Using Aurora 0.6b and having zero luck getting trainers to work.

I have a trainer for GTA 5. Placed it on my XBox 360 drive (hdd1:\Aurora\Trainers\545408A7) and inside that folder is Trainer(RETROBYTE).xex.

I verified that the media ID matches (79E465C5) and I turned off the FSD plugin from auto-loading at boot but when I go into game details and select trainers, nothing shows up. TU is # 26.

As a matter of fact, I tested about 5 other games and even though media ID, title ID and TU all line up.......the trainers for those games aren't popping up in Aurora. This leads me to believe I'm doing something stupid.

Any ideas?

1. The solution really is funny, and honestly kind of mean by the dev team by not putting this in the release notes, but i have posted this solution on xyz, where the official aurora trainers are..

2. All user stuff, backgrounds, trainers, ect.. have been relocated to a folder called "User".. so trainers now go, "aurora/user/trainers/"

Backgounds are:

"aurora/user/backgrounds/"

3. If you had trainers in 0.5 and used the auto update to 0.6, everything was moved for you..

4. If you have moved the trainer to the correct location, and it still doesnt show, check media id of game and trainer, as well as which TU that the trainer supports..

• Like 1

1. The solution really is funny, and honestly kind of mean by the dev team by not putting this in the release notes, but i have posted this solution on xyz, where the official aurora trainers are..

2. All user stuff, backgrounds, trainers, ect.. have been relocated to a folder called "User".. so trainers now go, "aurora/user/trainers/"

Backgounds are:

"aurora/user/backgrounds/"

3. If you had trainers in 0.5 and used the auto update to 0.6, everything was moved for you..

4. If you have moved the trainer to the correct location, and it still doesnt show, check media id of game and trainer, as well as which TU that the trainer supports..

Hahaha, that fixed it!! Thanks!

But now, a new problem popped up. When I bring up the trainer (can't see a way to configure the cheats....maybe that's done once in game?).....when I launch it, the game tries to load then my XB360 reboots. :(

Back to searching the Googles unless you have a quick/easy fix for that problem as well? :)

Hahaha, that fixed it!! Thanks!

But now, a new problem popped up. When I bring up the trainer (can't see a way to configure the cheats....maybe that's done once in game?).....when I launch it, the game tries to load then my XB360 reboots. :(

Back to searching the Googles unless you have a quick/easy fix for that problem as well? :)

If you have a problem with a certain trainer, you should try asking where it was made...

But yes, i can help you.. not all trainers have configurable options, as they need to be activated in game.. which is why all "official" aurora trainers still have the "start+back" button combo to bring up the menu..

Also, did you remove dashlaunch plugins? Disabled "freestyle plugin"?

Now while i am being nice, there is a troubleshooting thread at xyz, about aurora trainers.. so i'd advise you to read over that before you ask over there.. or anymore.. 99% of the time.. it is user error that causes the issues

• Like 1

Has Aurora 0.6b fixed the issue where you had to remove FSD plugin & unload it? First time I have used Auroa (XYZ) trainers is with Aurora 0.6b & I dont need to have the FSD plugin removed for the trainers to show up & work.. When I open the guide I can see the FSD plugin working with temps & so on + FTP works too.

Not saying you dont need to do this though, I understand people above me here know alot more about this than me, Just wondering why Im able to do this & most, If not every person Iv spoken to says to remove the FSD plugin without really going into why..

Has Aurora 0.6b fixed the issue where you had to remove FSD plugin & unload it? First time I have used Auroa (XYZ) trainers is with Aurora 0.6b & I dont need to have the FSD plugin removed for the trainers to show up & work.. When I open the guide I can see the FSD plugin working with temps & so on + FTP works too.

Not saying you dont need to do this though, I understand people above me here know alot more about this than me, Just wondering why Im able to do this & most, If not every person Iv spoken to says to remove the FSD plugin without really going into why..

There is nothing to fix about it, certain games use all available memory and force the trainer to compete with the fsd plugin, kernel etc. For the remaining reserved memory space, in some cases the trainer simply refuse to load alongside the FSD plugin to prevent cheating on LiNK for example...

The resources available on the 360 is quite limited, we do alot of amazing things without causing games to lack the resources they need to run smoothly considering how limited we are ;)

Sent from my SM-G903F

Here is a thought about this and Nova when it comes out. Could you somehow disable the kernel based hud from loading, and have Nova take its place? This way, you free up that extra space, which gives more memory for trainers, and Nova? Or would that require more custom patches to the freeboot image? I am sure that the brilliant devs in phoenix can recreate the other menus in the plugin, so you can access the NXE based settings, or maybe add that to aurora, so NXE would become not needed. Maybe do something like Fusion tried to do, which is make a special nand image, that Aurora would run around. Wouldnt need to be a Devkit kernel, but a stripped down version of freeboot, that removed things like the default HUD, and possibly NXE Dash based stuff.

I know probably never going to happen, but it would be cool to see, and it would free up some of the memory constraints.

Not how it works... sorry...

The kernel holds the data regardless of if it's used or not, it cannot be replaced completely... it'll still be there... and some of it's functions aren't particularly easy to replicate either with a smaller footprint...

I would think it would be like how rgloader does it, have whole nand built on hdd.. and if hdd files isnt present, nand uses minimal mode.. but again dunno how effective it would be

Not how it works... sorry...

The kernel holds the data regardless of if it's used or not, it cannot be replaced completely... it'll still be there... and some of it's functions aren't particularly easy to replicate either with a smaller footprint...

I kinda figured, I just remember Fusion having a custom hud and stuff similar to the freestyle plugin, long before the plugin actually came out. I figured they had hacked it into the devkit kernel, which was also hacked to turn it into a hybrid kernel. That was actually a cool project, I have no idea why TX dropped it, as it could have gone so far. :(

I would think it would be like how rgloader does it, have whole nand built on hdd.. and if hdd files isnt present, nand uses minimal mode.. but again dunno how effective it would be

That'd be HDD space, we're talking RAM right now ;)

Sent from my SM-G903F