RealModScene

KIxxx, the Killer Instinct 1 & 2 Arcade emulator for Xbox, isn't fully working on the 360. When started, it boots to a game select menu but then crashes after selecting the game. Does anyone have the skills to get it working on the 360?

KIxxx is very highly regarded, since it's specifically made for these two games, which aren't able to be emulated using any other programs. The original KI/KI2 arcade hardware is very expensive, and some people used to keep original Xboxes for the specific purpose of KI emulation.

Here is a link to KIxxx, which is setup and ready to use after extracting: https://mega.nz/#!hd...i1fAD_w2LfrmFvA

KIxxx, the Killer Instinct 1 & 2 Arcade emulator for Xbox, isn't fully working on the 360. When started, it boots to a game select menu but then crashes after selecting the game. Does anyone have the skills to get it working on the 360?

KIxxx is very highly regarded, since it's specifically made for these two games, which aren't able to be emulated using any other programs. The original KI/KI2 arcade hardware is very expensive, and some people used to keep original Xboxes for the specific purpose of KI emulation.

Here is a link to KIxxx, which is setup and ready to use after extracting: https://mega.nz/#!hd...i1fAD_w2LfrmFvA

Not to kick ya in the head.. but killer instinct on xb1 comes with both those games.. now.. as for emulating them.. you do have the snes port, and the n64 port.. which both work on 360 afaik.. but yea

• Like 1

Thanks, I would definitely love to have the XB1 version, and and XB1 for that matter. The console versions aren't really comparable to the arcade at all though.

I'm just putting the KIxxx idea out there in case it's an easy fix to get working for some experienced coder.

Thanks, I would definitely love to have the XB1 version, and and XB1 for that matter. The console versions aren't really comparable to the arcade at all though.

I'm just putting the KIxxx idea out there in case it's an easy fix to get working for some experienced coder.

Yeah, they have changed up the xb1 version more than what it was initally.. but is for the better lol..
  • Like 1

XB1 KI looks beautiful from the footage I've seen. KIxxx on the original Xbox looks and plays magnificently as well. I run it via RGB to my PVM and use it to hold me over until I find a deal on KI & KI2 arcade hardware one day.

This will most likely never support 360, Im sorry guys but I dont code PPC. I did however release a PC version and its pretty schweet. I have looked at 2 different projects trying to port my src to 360 and both are destined to fail like a cow on the conveyor at the slaughter house. There are very real issues to how I fixed the speed issues for KI2 on XBOX and running on XBOX 360. Namely the 360 does not allow you to steal reserved RAM, and the 360 runs DX9/10. They would be better served to base projects off my KIxxx1.2 RC2 PC source as I updated that for PCs so it runs DX9 and is coded for Xinput. Otherwise the entire control scheme.....GONE. Memory management.......GONE. Dynacompiler limits.....GONE. Its one thing for me to base a PC build off my XBOX build, I know it, hell I spent everyday of 2 years to make the XBOX build from the smattershot that is the XBOX source for the KI emu. And I had PC in mind from day one so as I updated the XBOX code I also did a corresponding PC code, and the devs before me did the same. Lantus and Likklebear also did a PC build. It wont compile but they tried and thats what counts. And lets not forget I released KIxxx1.2 XBOX in early 2015 it still took me until mid 2016 to get the PC version up to speed. 

The best thing the people here can do (since I will not release 360 version) is accept the fact it will take between 2 and 4 years to get a good version, use my PC src, and download and test the builds. They may suck but ask any prostitute you dont get ahead without sucking

• Like 2

On Fri Apr 07 2017 at 10:40 PM, SPPV said:

This will most likely never support 360, Im sorry guys but I dont code PPC. I did however release a PC version and its pretty schweet. I have looked at 2 different projects trying to port my src to 360 and both are destined to fail like a cow on the conveyor at the slaughter house. There are very real issues to how I fixed the speed issues for KI2 on XBOX and running on XBOX 360. Namely the 360 does not allow you to steal reserved RAM, and the 360 runs DX9/10. They would be better served to base projects off my KIxxx1.2 RC2 PC source as I updated that for PCs so it runs DX9 and is coded for Xinput. Otherwise the entire control scheme.....GONE. Memory management.......GONE. Dynacompiler limits.....GONE. Its one thing for me to base a PC build off my XBOX build, I know it, hell I spent everyday of 2 years to make the XBOX build from the smattershot that is the XBOX source for the KI emu. And I had PC in mind from day one so as I updated the XBOX code I also did a corresponding PC code, and the devs before me did the same. Lantus and Likklebear also did a PC build. It wont compile but they tried and thats what counts. And lets not forget I released KIxxx1.2 XBOX in early 2015 it still took me until mid 2016 to get the PC version up to speed. 

The best thing the people here can do (since I will not release 360 version) is accept the fact it will take between 2 and 4 years to get a good version, use my PC src, and download and test the builds. They may suck but ask any prostitute you dont get ahead without sucking

Hahaha i love your enthusiasm.. granted.. this is a work of enthusiasm.. due to anyone being able to buy the new KI and get both classic arcade versions.. also.. it is a play anywhere title.. so pc/xb1 version work either way.. just requires you to sync up the saved stuff

• Like 1

Well enthusiasm is a good thing lol. But to explain a little better when you run an emu on a hacked 360 that was written for XBOX its locked into M$ XBOX limits. When I, or X or HCF code an emu for XBOX we dont have this worry. Were running Babylon or Rocky5 or Ndure etc so have total control over resources. We can exceed the kernel allocation. But when you try to tweak that emu so it will run in the 360 XBOX emulator it throws a real wrench in the scheme. Official XBOX games are locked to 8MB RAM If your emu uses more than that well you have a problem running on 360

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SPPV said:

Well enthusiasm is a good thing lol. But to explain a little better when you run an emu on a hacked 360 that was written for XBOX its locked into M$ XBOX limits. When I, or X or HCF code an emu for XBOX we dont have this worry. Were running Babylon or Rocky5 or Ndure etc so have total control over resources. We can exceed the kernel allocation. But when you try to tweak that emu so it will run in the 360 XBOX emulator it throws a real wrench in the scheme. Official XBOX games are locked to 8MB RAM If your emu uses more than that well you have a problem running on 360

I am fairly certain that xbox 360 allows games to use more than 8mb of ram, considering the the models for a single character take up probably at least that. 3D mapped structures, and objects, especially player/monster objects are running all sorts of variables in the background, and that doesnt include the visuals. Now, I would understand 8mb for the HUD, but for a game. Hell, duke nukem 3d required a minimum of 8mb of ram, but recommended 16, and that game runs flawlessly on the 360, and doesnt even compare to most 360 games, as far as resource usage. I dont know where you are getting this information, but I would bet it is wrong.

22 hours ago, SPPV said:

you might want to re-think this statement.. as RetroArch cores use ~300MB per core.. even has an overlay feature to show you how much of the 512MB of ram you use.. 

17 hours ago, gavin_darkglider said:

I am fairly certain that xbox 360 allows games to use more than 8mb of ram, considering the the models for a single character take up probably at least that. 3D mapped structures, and objects, especially player/monster objects are running all sorts of variables in the background, and that doesnt include the visuals. Now, I would understand 8mb for the HUD, but for a game. Hell, duke nukem 3d required a minimum of 8mb of ram, but recommended 16, and that game runs flawlessly on the 360, and doesnt even compare to most 360 games, as far as resource usage. I dont know where you are getting this information, but I would bet it is wrong.

i answered with a VERY simple proof.. lol

• Like 1

SORRY FOR DOUBLE POST:

Has anybody tested this OTHER version of the KI emu on Xbox 360? I dont have how at the moment. 

http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/xbox/emulators/ki-emu-x-beta-2-play-killer-instinct-1-and-2-from-dvd/

EDIT: Source code for the original emu, just in case anyone wants to try

http://caesar.logiqx.com/php/emulator.php?id=u64emu

• Like 1

I managed to make it work on mame 360, if you want I pass it on mega, too bad because it runs a bit slow, if you want my mail is bunettoenzo@hotmail.it MAME360 2018, the chd file goes in the hdfiles folder

On 10/11/2019 at 5:11 PM, Enzo84 said:

I managed to make it work on mame 360, if you want I pass it on mega, too bad because it runs a bit slow, if you want my mail is bunettoenzo@hotmail.it MAME360 2018, the chd file goes in the hdfiles folder

Please give me a PM with it!