RealModScene

I remember a tool, which exists. Its aweful and there is no gain. The idea is reprehensible for the 360.

There is no defrag for xtaf, possibly via that one eaton made... but, like you said, no gain...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Swizzy I thing he mean the tool that pretends to be a defrag program,  but it prepared some memory tests. We had talk about for months ago.

• Like 1

Swizzy I thing he mean the tool that pretends to be a defrag program, but it prepared some memory tests. We had talk about for months ago.

Yes, that's the one he talks about, eaton's windows tool MAY have defrag capabilities, not sure...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Swizzy I thing he mean the tool that pretends to be a defrag program,  but it prepared some memory tests. We had talk about for months ago.

Yes, that was that, i never used it tho, it was kinda a scam.

I think only an SSD is giving a little gain on internal Writes, and on SSDs you don't need and even are not allowed to Defrag.

Yes, that was that, i never used it tho, it was kinda a scam.

I think only an SSD is giving a little gain on internal Writes, and on SSDs you don't need and even are not allowed to Defrag.

It's not a scam, the author just had no idea what they were actually doing...

SSD's can be a gain or a problem, depends on the game, Borderlands for instance may crash while loading the level due to loadibg too fast...

SSD's are allowed to be defraged, it's just most system prevent you from doing the tasks as it will shorten the lifespan of the SSD

Sent from my SM-G903F

Defrag of a SSD is not important, because the access times on SSD`s memory cells are very short. In contrast of Hdd It does not matter.

I think that the idea OF SCRIPTS to know the health of HDD The best that was possible...

The Script needs to have Read and Write Functions to the HDD. You could make "Speed tests" and rate, but thats what standard PC Tools do, and your HDDs normally should be enough for the old console.

An all-in-one Garbage Cleaner (TU, DB, Cache etc.) is wished/planned. For now we have partial Scripts of that (Search for Utility Scripts FreeMyDisk or else in the Aurora Repo)

The Script needs to have Read and Write Functions to the HDD. You could make "Speed tests" and rate, but thats what standard PC Tools do, and your HDDs normally should be enough for the old console.

An all-in-one Garbage Cleaner (TU, DB, Cache etc.) is wished/planned. For now we have partial Scripts of that (Search for Utility Scripts FreeMyDisk or else in the Aurora Repo)

I know this...I'm talking about the function of the disc and status HEALTH...It was just a random idea from me impossible because the script system has multiple limitations

Eatons FatExplorer does not offer defrag capabilities (yet), but it lists fragmented files on the file system.

you can use this list to delete them and re add them manually that will help with fragmentation.

it is sort of why Microsoft games are stored in god format to help limit fragmentation.

Eaton has planned to defragment support  and read write capabilities of the original xbox's fatx format hdd (xtaf big endian?) in the future but eaton is not the fastest developer at pushing updates :-) and being a one man operation I can understand this.

• Like 2

I know this...I'm talking about the function of the disc and status HEALTH...It was just a random idea from me impossible because the script system has multiple limitations

Smarthdd would be the plan here but you need access to the Sata interface to send ATA smart drive control codes directly to the drive to receive their associated attributes back I don't believe the kernel gives you access to this.

Worst case scenario in a retail console if your drive died is you would loose your offline profile as you can re download your live profile, games you own there was not really much incentive to get too fancy here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S.M.A.R.T.

• Like 2

The speed increases from defragging an xbox hard drive would be minimal at best. If you are so worried about it, put your games on an external HDD, and defrag the crap out of the fat32 partition.

• Like 1