RealModScene

Here is a script that that will reduce all target temperatures by 15 percent, and save current settings to an ini file. there is a variable in the ini file called ResetDefaults, that when set to 1 will allow the script to reset the default settings. That being said, you have to do that manually. Might look into creating a gui, or menu later for that, this worked for testing.

You can change the percentage value, or run the script more than once if you arent happy with the results. on my jasper, it dropped the all temps by about 10 degrees, after running it once, but the fan was much louder also.

Due to integer vs float issues with the target temps, it the script rounds down, and not up on the temp value. That issue drove me nuts for a while, but it is fixed.

Any way enjoy, this is a much better option than my fan speed script, and will be permanent, across any homebrew dash you choose. ;)  It is also easier, than using dashlaunch, or manually editing the smc, as it does the math for you. I would keep the percentage range between 15 and 25. That is stored in the script and not the ini.

Anyway enjoy.

TempThresholds.rar

• Like 6

Once this script is run the xbox cooler gets very powerful, does it cause problems during use?

Well, it does modify the settings quite drastically, on some models 20 degress below original might be a bit too much...

In general, i would go no lower then 50 for targets...

It does cause your consoles fan to wear out faster if it's spinning faster of course, but, it depends on how much faster it is, if it's slightly faster it won't make much of a difference, however if it's ALOT faster (say it running 10% normal and now go 70% or above, that will have a huge effect)

The script shouldn't in any way cause any major disasters, we've tried to limit things under the hood to prevent insane things from occuring... but... there are absolutely no guarantee's that you can't mess up a console...

You should know that nobody is going to take responsibility for your console breaking following use of any software/script published

Sent from my SM-G903F

Well, it does modify the settings quite drastically, on some models 20 degress below original might be a bit too much...

It does cause your consoles fan to wear out faster if it's spinning faster of course, but, it depends on how much faster it is, if it's slightly faster it won't make much of a difference, however if it's ALOT faster (say it running 10% normal and now go 70% or above, that will have a huge effect)

The script shouldn't in any way cause any major disasters, we've tried to limit things under the hood to prevent insane things from occuring... but... there are absolutely no guarantee's that you can't mess up a console...

You should know that nobody is going to take responsibility for your console breaking following use of any software/script published

Sent from my SM-G903F

How much do you leave your cooler working on your console 50%?

How much do you leave your cooler working on your console 50%?

I don't change fanspeed, i change target temperatures

Sent from my SM-G903F

This script changes that. Every time you run it it reduces all target temps by 15 percent, unless you change the percentage, or edit the ini file to restore console defaults. If you think the fan is running to fast, then reduce the percentage in the script, restore defaults, and run again. on my console, it reduced the target temps by about 10 degrees, so where my CPU target temp topped out at 80 degrees, after running this script it topped out at at like 70-71 degrees. you could drop the percent down, but I would not go over 25. The higher the percentage, the lower the temps, which means the faster the fan runs. The lower percentage the higher the temps, but still lower than defaults. These settings are saved in the SMC_Config, hince the hard reset of the console at the end of the script, as it has to reset that, and reload the settings from the nand, which shouldnt happen at shutdown. It is the same reset that is used by dual nand chips, when you switch nands.

That is set the first time the script has ran, so it doesnt change the defaults every time you run the script.  the percentage is set in the main.lua file. just edit the number on the line TempThresholdDecreesePercent=15; -- Set Percentage Here. So change 15 to a lower number, or higher number not larger than 25. Do not change the default temps in the INI. Do change ResetDefaults=0 to ResetDefaults=1. Then run the script to reset defaults, then change percentage, and run again. You can change both at the same time, as when it resets the defaults, it will ignore this value.

That is set the first time the script has ran, so it doesnt change the defaults every time you run the script.  the percentage is set in the main.lua file. just edit the number on the line TempThresholdDecreesePercent=15; -- Set Percentage Here. So change 15 to a lower number, or higher number not larger than 25. Do not change the default temps in the INI. Do change ResetDefaults=0 to ResetDefaults=1. Then run the script to reset defaults, then change percentage, and run again. You can change both at the same time, as when it resets the defaults, it will ignore this value.

What does this TempThresholdDecreesePercent = 15?
See my configuration

15451469_679752445532973_1471674742_n.pn

Sent from my SM-G903F

What values do you leave for each item at target temperature? The standard of the console?

Yes the values in the ini are the defaults for the console, dont change them or the hasran option. The Percent line is at the top of the main.lua file.

What I'm wondering is what the line TempThresholdDecreesePercent =15, I know where it is, But I do not know what she does on the console

Technichally, it by itself does nothing on the console, as it is a constant variable in the script. That being said, When the script is run it sets all target temps to CurrentTargettemps - TempThresholdDecreesePercent. it is really a simple script, and if you cant figure it out by reading the code(Which is also very simple), then I suggest you get off your console, and read up on basic algebra, and basic computer programming.

Wow I am an ass today. I only say this, because anyone who passed 6th grade math should be able to figure that out, and I said in the first post what the script does.

Technichally, it by itself does nothing on the console, as it is a constant variable in the script. That being said, When the script is run it sets all target temps to CurrentTargettemps - TempThresholdDecreesePercent. it is really a simple script, and if you cant figure it out by reading the code(Which is also very simple), then I suggest you get off your console, and read up on basic algebra, and basic computer programming.

Wow I am an ass today. I only say this, because anyone who passed 6th grade math should be able to figure that out, and I said in the first post what the script does.

Once translate a text of a language that my country does not speak is difficult to understand perfectly what is said in such a post, it requires a good time to interpret and even understand what was written, so I saw this line at the beginning of the script is The percentage that the console looks for to diminish, but the point where I wanted to know is where is the percentage of the speed of the cooler in the script or if it does not have.

The Xbox tries to keep the temperatures at or lower than the numbers in the ini file by speeding up the fan when it gets close to them. if it goes over, it has an over heat error, and should shut off. The script lowers the numbers, telling the xbox that the console shouldnt run at temperatures above what the script has changed the values to.

That being said, it does some basic math, generates a percentage, converts it to an unsigned int, so rounds off decimal points, and subtracts it from the currently set values. It was an easy way of dropping all of the max temperatures, which forces the console to run at a lower temperature. Honestly, I would be less worried about changing a fan, and more worried about having to reball a console.

The reason this is better than setting a constant fan speed is because if you set it too low, the console will run way to hot, and if you set it too high it will also burn your fan. If you set target temps lower, the console will regulate the fan speed.

• Like 1

It doesn't specify a static fanspeed at all, that's something you should really avoid as when you take control of the fan, YOU are responsible for increasing it when the temperatures go higher... (which they might)

It doesn't specify a static fanspeed at all, that's something you should really avoid as when you take control of the fan, YOU are responsible for increasing it when the temperatures go higher... (which they might)

Okay, everything is clear, thanks ^^

You put the folder in the rar into aurora\user\scripts(i think, it has been a while), or with the rest of the scripts. Then run it. the console should reboot. It will then decrease the target temps by 15% to 20% every time you run the script. You can change how much the script decreases the temps by modifying the percentage. I tried to make the script as simple as possible, but it is kind of dangerous also, if you dont understand what it is doing.

9 hours ago, gavin_darkglider said:

You put the folder in the rar into aurora\user\scripts(i think, it has been a while), or with the rest of the scripts. Then run it. the console should reboot. It will then decrease the target temps by 15% to 20% every time you run the script. You can change how much the script decreases the temps by modifying the percentage. I tried to make the script as simple as possible, but it is kind of dangerous also, if you dont understand what it is doing.

Hey thanks for the quick reply, so you say it's in user folder, i tried in media then scripts it did not show on the aurora scripts.

When you say run it i'm assuming you mean it would show up on the list i mentioned, cause i tried to open it from the file browser and nothing happened.

Anyway i'll try putting it where you said and try again.

Thanks again for replying!

4 hours ago, scepterus said:

Hey thanks for the quick reply, so you say it's in user folder, i tried in media then scripts it did not show on the aurora scripts.

When you say run it i'm assuming you mean it would show up on the list i mentioned, cause i tried to open it from the file browser and nothing happened.

Anyway i'll try putting it where you said and try again.

Thanks again for replying!

Hey, i tried what you suggested, and managed to run it, only instead of reboot it shutdown my console.

The only thing i changed was the resetdefaults value in the ini, like you said to a previous poster, and that's it.

Any idea why that happens?

it modifies the smc_config in the nand. The temps stored in the ini are for returning it to default. The only way to verify that it worked as it should would be to dump the nand, and see if the values change in the smc_config.

16 hours ago, gavin_darkglider said:

it modifies the smc_config in the nand. The temps stored in the ini are for returning it to default. The only way to verify that it worked as it should would be to dump the nand, and see if the values change in the smc_config.

So, i'm sorry if i got this wrong, but i thought in order for the script to be able to change the defaults i had to change it to 1 from 0.

because i do not see any changes to my temps, at all, is that not an indicator that the script did not run? aside from the fact that the console shut down instead of rebooting?

If you edit the ini, it will set the values back to the stock values that are stored in the INI file. The hasRun option is set on first run so it doesnt overwrite the stock values everytime you run the script. If it shutsdown, it got to the end of the script, as that is the last line. It was a simple script, I wrote as a proof of concept, but I honestly havnt thought about it since I wrote it, which was about a year ago. Honestly, I dont think I have it on my computer anymore, as that is how much I cared about it. All it does is log the values that are currently set if hasRun != 1, and then it will take the current value and decrease it by a percentage, which can be changed in the script, and writes the values to the smc_config, then shutsdown. If I remember correctly, the changes werent implemented with out a hard reboot, hence the shutdown. Hope that helps, but if you dont understand, then I would suggest not using the script, and changing the values manually to the temps you prefer.