RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
freebumblebee

Chinese Simplified & Traditional Translation

Because Zesty the former translator for Chinese localization hasn’t released the updated ZH-CHS.xml for 0.6b yet,

I’ve decided to contribute a little for the community. 

I will try to compile and test it on my Xbox later. 

Meanwhile, suggestions or feedback are welcome.

Thank Team Phoenix for coding the marvelous Aurora.

And thank you Swizzy for the translation tool which really makes the localization much easier.

During translation, I have following suggestions,

1. The original text “Right Location†in the string â€Aurora_FileManager.FileManager.FileManagerTabScene.Tab1.CloneTab2Button.Text†may be wrong, because the function of the Y Button is to return to root directory.
  2. Same issue in “Light Locationâ€.
  3. As for the translation tool, it will be more convenient if I can directly edit and save translated lines instead of clicking “Save Current Line†each time. There are 955 entries to be translated, so you can imagine the left clicks I have done.
  4. If it can import the previous translation of Aurora 0.5b, the new localization work will be much faster.
————————

æ„Ÿè°¢Phoenix团队带æ¥Aurora

æ„Ÿè°¢Swizzyæ供翻译工具

æ„Ÿè°¢Zesty对此å‰ç‰ˆæœ¬çš„翻译

简中的翻译请è§é™„件,欢迎å馈或建议。

————————

After testing on my own Xbox, I have updated the Chinese Simplified Translation and also added the Traditional one.

For Chinese Simplified, please check zh-CN.xmlzh-CN.xml

And for Traditional, please check zh-Hant.xmlzh-Hant.xml

I have also compiled it and now you can put the .xzp files to the folder \Aurora 0.6b \Media\Locales to use the language file.

Enjoy and suggestions.

With the help of Swizzy, Felida and Muppo the skin maker of Blue Mountains, I provide you with two skins embedded the Font FZLT as follows,

And previews,

post-30246-0-87581700-1481636191_thumb.jpgpost-30246-0-66585600-1481636196_thumb.jpgpost-30246-0-84635300-1481636200_thumb.jpg

————————

实机测试åŽï¼Œæˆ‘更新了简中翻译,并增加了ç¹ä¸­ç¿»è¯‘

简中下载zh-CN文件

ç¹ä¸­ä¸‹è½½zh-Hant文件

增加了嵌入兰亭黑字体的皮肤,中文显示效果更好

玩的开心,欢迎å馈

————————

Update 13/12/2016

• Revise some translations (synopsis etc.)
  • Add Skins with Chinese Font Improvement
  • Add preview pics

• Like 3

You can load 0.6b as source, then 0.5b as translation, save... Now the saved file will contain previously translated item and the new items with the original english where there was no chinese translation in the old one... :)

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk

Hi Swizzy,

Thanks for reply.

While applying your method of importing, I’m worried about the “matching problemâ€

If I load the original English 0.6b one, the total strings are 2293.
Then if I load the previous Chinese 0.5b by Zesty, the total strings are 2517.

Is this means that action of importing the old one will change the original structure?
In other words, the importing action will add useless strings to the original file? 
post-30246-0-32041000-1481118826_thumb.pngpost-30246-0-92491100-1481118826_thumb.png

One more suggestion,

Can the font for Chinese Simplified be changed?

The current one is too hideous :ninja: to be accepted (Some characters big, some too small).

Can the font be replaced to deng.ttf which is the default UI font for windows 10 for Chinese Simplified. :thumbup:

Thanks.

Hi Swizzy,

Thanks for reply.

While applying your method of importing, I’m worried about the “matching problem”

If I load the original English 0.6b one, the total strings are 2293.

Then if I load the previous Chinese 0.5b by Zesty, the total strings are 2517.

Is this means that action of importing the old one will change the original structure?

In other words, the importing action will add useless strings to the original file? 

attachicon.gif1.PNGattachicon.gif2.PNG

The increase is likely because some translations moved to a new location, they will need to be redone, but besides that, everything that is the same in the same place should stay, the others should be in english :)

And no, we're likely NOT going to change that font, we're using the font currently included with the 360 dashboard

And no, we're likely NOT going to change that font, we're using the font currently included with the 360 dashboard

Would it be easy to just swap it out on the user's end? Like how i can with regular skins, by defining a different .ttf?

Would it be easy to just swap it out on the user's end? Like how i can with regular skins, by defining a different .ttf?

Possibly, i'm not entirely sure exactly how it was implemented to switch between the skin font and the built-in ones, but one could try to simply change the one used in the skin and see if it works

** Edit: **

I've attached a version of the default skin which uses this "deng" font, i took it from my windows 10 machine (non-chinese) i can't really tell if it's making a difference tho, can you verify?

I've also added the language packs to the language pack downloader, if you make changes, let me know so i can update the script's data...

Default2.xzp

Thanks, Swizzy and Felida.

After test the Default2.xzp embedded with deng.tff, the result is interesting as following,

post-30246-0-52770300-1481176411_thumb.jpg

As you can see in the preview pic I attached, the texts marked with red circles are still the same and nothing changed. Others obviously changed to deng.ttf and look much better than the original.

The possible reason I think could be:

The deng.ttf does not have BOLD type. Because the Deng Font Family includes three types/weights as deng.ttf, dengb.ttf (which is the bold one) and dengl.ttf, the red circles remarked ones maybe use the BOLD type.

The possible solutions for this,

A. Use one font already containing the BOLD type.

I provide FZYouH.ttf. Could you try this one to create the skin?

FZYouH.rar

B. Define the standard font/bold font in the skin. I provide the complete Deng Font Family for you to test.

dengfontfamily.rar

More testing results,

in this picture, the bold one seems using deng.ttf. And red marked ones still using default font.

post-30246-0-60851500-1481177801_thumb.jpg

Maybe you didn't apply deng font to all the elements of the skin. :turned:

And you can find the ugly appearance of the default font and understand why I want to replace it.

Testing Results on Highlight Test,

If the texts are highlighted(selected), the font will be changed back to default one.

If the texts are un-selected, the font will be deng.ttf.

Pics about the above issue.

post-30246-0-12876100-1481181287_thumb.jpgpost-30246-0-21242900-1481181291_thumb.jpgpost-30246-0-52357600-1481181293_thumb.jpg

The increase is likely because some translations moved to a new location, they will need to be redone, but besides that, everything that is the same in the same place should stay, the others should be in english :)

I think the font you're using is NOT the Chinese Font in the official 360 dashboard, please check the pictures attached to see the difference.

Especially the characters "设置" means “Settingsâ€.

If Aurora can use the exact fonts in official 360 dashboard, I think the Aurora UI will be much improved for non-english players.

post-30246-0-45818300-1481181760_thumb.jpgpost-30246-0-91873600-1481181764_thumb.jpgpost-30246-0-24207200-1481181771_thumb.jpg

You can also see the beauty/cleanness/well-organized in official 360 dashboard.

I'll look into it when i come home and have a pc to test with, it's fairly easy to do this tho, download "XZP Tool 2.0" found in these forums, extract skin.xml, update it (add your bold fonts etc.) Then put it back and add the fonts (need to make a folder and add that)

Sent from my SM-G903F

Thanks, Swizzy and Felida.

After test the Default2.xzp embedded with deng.tff, the result is interesting as following,

attachicon.gifdengfontpreview.JPG

As you can see in the preview pic I attached, the texts marked with red circles are still the same and nothing changed. Others obviously changed to deng.ttf and look much better than the original.

The possible reason I think could be:

The deng.ttf does not have BOLD type. Because the Deng Font Family includes three types/weights as deng.ttf, dengb.ttf (which is the bold one) and dengl.ttf, the red circles remarked ones maybe use the BOLD type.

The possible solutions for this,

A. Use one font already containing the BOLD type.

I provide FZYouH.ttf. Could you try this one to create the skin?

attachicon.gifFZYouH.rar

B. Define the standard font/bold font in the skin. I provide the complete Deng Font Family for you to test.

attachicon.gifdengfontfamily.rar

ok, i have inserted the font you have supplied, which you can test, but the problems with the font.. there is 4 specific types of font used:

<fonts>

<font name="Segoe UI Regular" file="Fonts/Deng.ttf" default="true" absolute="false" fallback="ConsoleFont" />

<font name="Segoe UI Bold" file="Fonts/Dengb.ttf" default="false" absolute="false" fallback="ConsoleFont" />

<font name="Segoe UI Black" file="Fonts/seguibl_r.ttf" default="false" absolute="false" fallback="ConsoleFont" />

<font name="Segoe UI Semibold" file="Fonts/seguisb_r.ttf" default="false" absolute="false" fallback="ConsoleFont" />

</fonts>

you have uploaded Deng, Deng Bold, and Deng light..

what would be needed is "Black" and "Semibold" for aurora.. hence why the different stuff might be happening.. now.. a "simple fix" would just be define "Deng.ttf" for all 4, and see if anymore errors occur..

but yeah here is the skin with regular and bold in Deng that you supplied,

Default_Deng_Font.xzp

Edit: you know what? I just realized, that if the font is missing, it will fall back to console font.. hahah.. which is what you were asking.. lemme just remove the font files altogether and you can try and see if the system font works that way too

Default_System_Font.xzp

Edit 2: ^^^ if that works for you, it will work for every other language that is naturally supported by the 360 as well

• Like 2

Thank you for your help, Felida.

The testing result,

1.  Defaut_Deng works. Every texts are in Deng Font now. :thumbup:

post-30246-0-26517400-1481267867_thumb.jpg

It will be better if Bold and Black are changed to Deng Bold (dengb) and Regular/Semibold to Deng I think.

As you can see in Default_Deng_Font_Preview_2.JPG attached, the font deng in Home Page looks a little thin.

It will be improved if it's in Bold.

post-30246-0-58346900-1481267871_thumb.jpg

2. As for Default_System, it will not fallback and every texts turn to blank. :sweat:  

Thanks again for your help. Your way of changing font through skin works successfully.

I think I haven't made myself clear about this issue, pls check the pic attached about it.

post-30246-0-21428000-1481269370_thumb.png

The  string ‘’z“ as in 0.5b will be merged to 0.6b. this might cause problem and surely add useless coding to the newer version.

If there will be aurora 0.7b :sorcerer: , could update the translation tool to lock the strings of newer version so that no unused strings in previous translation will be merged to.

I think I haven't made myself clear about this issue, pls check the pic attached about it.

attachicon.gifimportissue.PNG

The string ‘’z“ as in 0.5b will be merged to 0.6b. this might cause problem and surely add useless coding to the newer version.

If there will be aurora 0.7b :sorcerer: , could update the translation tool to lock the strings of newer version so that no unused strings in previous translation will be merged to.

The latest version of the tool (found on github) should skip missing translations not found in the original when merging 2 inputs, update 5 is NOT latest version

Sent from my SM-G903F

ok, i have inserted the font you have supplied, which you can test, but the problems with the font.. there is 4 specific types of font used:

<fonts>

<font name="Segoe UI Regular" file="Fonts/Deng.ttf" default="true" absolute="false" fallback="ConsoleFont" />

<font name="Segoe UI Bold" file="Fonts/Dengb.ttf" default="false" absolute="false" fallback="ConsoleFont" />

<font name="Segoe UI Black" file="Fonts/seguibl_r.ttf" default="false" absolute="false" fallback="ConsoleFont" />

<font name="Segoe UI Semibold" file="Fonts/seguisb_r.ttf" default="false" absolute="false" fallback="ConsoleFont" />

</fonts>

you have uploaded Deng, Deng Bold, and Deng light..

what would be needed is "Black" and "Semibold" for aurora.. hence why the different stuff might be happening.. now.. a "simple fix" would just be define "Deng.ttf" for all 4, and see if anymore errors occur..

but yeah here is the skin with regular and bold in Deng that you supplied,

attachicon.gifDefault_Deng_Font.xzp

Edit: you know what? I just realized, that if the font is missing, it will fall back to console font.. hahah.. which is what you were asking.. lemme just remove the font files altogether and you can try and see if the system font works that way too

attachicon.gifDefault_System_Font.xzp

Edit 2: ^^^ if that works for you, it will work for every other language that is naturally supported by the 360 as well

Hi, Felida.

Although the Default_System_Font.xzp not working this time, but I think your creative thinking have great possibility.

To support your thoughts, check the following pictures about the violet circles.

post-30246-0-54724200-1481291907_thumb.jpgpost-30246-0-10885100-1481291753_thumb.jpg

These two pictures might show how the fallback function works and why the texts are different.

In default skin, most of texts are using font segoeui, the texts in violet circles are fall back to console fonts.

That's why in the default skin, Chinese texts are so ugly. (Some big Some small even not the same font height)

Because the fallback function cause two fonts in one page/phrase/sentence.

Just Like this sample:

"That's why in the default skin, Chinese texts are so ugly. (Some big Some small even not the same font height)"

Thank you for your help, Felida.

The testing result,

1. Defaut_Deng works. Every texts are in Deng Font now. :thumbup:

Default_Deng_Font_Preview_1.JPG

It will be better if Bold and Black are changed to Deng Bold (dengb) and Regular/Semibold to Deng I think.

As you can see in Default_Deng_Font_Preview_2.JPG attached, the font deng in Home Page looks a little thin.

It will be improved if it's in Bold.

Default_Deng_Font_Preview_2.JPG

2. As for Default_System, it will not fallback and every texts turn to blank. :sweat:

Thanks again for your help. Your way of changing font through skin works successfully.

You can use the same font for every one if you would like.. there just wouldnt be a bold or semibold, it will all be the same type of font.. but glad i could help mate.. sorry about the skin not reverting back to system font tho..

You can use the same font for every one if you would like.. there just wouldnt be a bold or semibold, it will all be the same type of font.. but glad i could help mate.. sorry about the skin not reverting back to system font tho..

That wouldn't be your fault, that's the TTF that defines them as empty glyphs...

That wouldn't be your fault, that's the TTF that defines them as empty glyphs...

The system_font one had no ttf lol.. should have used system font all together.. but did not..

As for defining 1 font for all 4, wont hurt the skin, as there isnt actually font blended together as part bold, and regular.. each area that has text is defined, as well as pretty separate anyhow..

ex. such as the game title may be "semi-bold" or w.e.. but the game count "1 of 100" is smaller size.. so yeah having 4 defined versions of font, really is overkill imo.. lol..

The system_font one had no ttf lol.. should have used system font all together.. but did not..

As for defining 1 font for all 4, wont hurt the skin, as there isnt actually font blended together as part bold, and regular.. each area that has text is defined, as well as pretty separate anyhow..

ex. such as the game title may be "semi-bold" or w.e.. but the game count "1 of 100" is smaller size.. so yeah having 4 defined versions of font, really is overkill imo.. lol..

Edit: before someone says about double post, i got the "database error".. and using my phone.. not intended to double post lol

• Like 1