RealModScene
gr0bda

Indie games step by step for Aurora 0.6b

Hello

I have just installed 1TB HDD and decided to do fresh install of Aurora for the first time, because I read that FSD doesn't support  covers anymore (too bad loved that Dash)

I'm having a lot of issues trying to figure out how this thing even works. Unlike FSD tutorials for Aurora seem to be limited (at least that has been my experience). I can't even figure out how to switch how covers are presented from the default view to like angled or something.

But most important I can't for the live of me figure out how to make Indie games work. I read that fakelive and autofake should be enabled, but once cancels the other. People keep on saying to enable TU or something, I'm still not sure what that is and where it's located.

When I select Indie game I get: "Gathering Information" followed by "Applying title updates" and then ...nothing. It stays in the menu. I have read many topic and they never had a complete solution. Or at least perhaps I can't fully comprehend what it's being said.

Is there any simple step by step, preferably video or with screenshot tutorial anywhere?

TIA!

EDIT: I have also moved all the content to folder: HDD1/Content/000000000000000/584E07D2/00000002/gameID

I don't know if I'm setting the depth correctly, but it finds them no matter what depth I set.

• Like 1

Hello

I have just installed 1TB HDD and decided to do fresh install of Aurora for the first time, because I read that FSD doesn't support covers anymore (too bad loved that Dash)

I'm having a lot of issues trying to figure out how this thing even works. Unlike FSD tutorials for Aurora seem to be limited (at least that has been my experience). I can't even figure out how to switch how covers are presented from the default view to like angled or something.

But most important I can't for the live of me figure out how to make Indie games work. I read that fakelive and autofake should be enabled, but once cancels the other. People keep on saying to enable TU or something, I'm still not sure what that is and where it's located.

When I select Indie game I get: "Gathering Information" followed by "Applying title updates" and then ...nothing. It stays in the menu. I have read many topic and they never had a complete solution. Or at least perhaps I can't fully comprehend what it's being said.

Is there any simple step by step, preferably video or with screenshot tutorial anywhere?

TIA!

EDIT: I have also moved all the content to folder: HDD1/Content/000000000000000/584E07D2/00000002/gameID

I don't know if I'm setting the depth correctly, but it finds them no matter what depth I set.

You need the indie title update, which is easily found on google...

And you do need fakelive on in dashlaunch for indie games to work, just like fsd..

Nothing has changed for aurora in that aspect..

And not use the freestyle plugin, as it causes problems

• Like 1

I'm sorry I forgot to mention, that I have never installed Indie games before, that is first time. I have not even been aware that such thing exists, until I read about one game for PC and I wanted to see if it's on the XBOX 360 and then I had problems locating it as XBLA until I realized there is a whole another "universe" !

So I pretty much don't know anything about Indie, rules and installation.

I swear I can't find anything recently dated. Everything is from 2011, 2012, 14 I don't know if all that information is still current, which is correct? 

I found the TU thingie and placed it in this folder. 

Content / 0000000000000000 / 584E07D2 / 000B0000 / tu32000100_00000000 

Still not working.

I see a lot of tutorials that mention USB flash drive. Can't I just FTP everything? 

I swear I can't find anything recently dated. Everything is from 2011, 2012, 14 I don't know if all that information is still current, which is correct?

I found the TU thingie and placed it in this folder.

Content / 0000000000000000 / 584E07D2 / 000B0000 / tu32000100_00000000

Still not working.

I see a lot of tutorials that mention USB flash drive. Can't I just FTP everything?

Yes, use 360 content manager to ftp everything in correct location..

And all those guides still work.. you need tu, fakelive is on in dashlaunch, and then you run the game..

Also the indie titles have to be in the correct location.. so use 360 content manager to ftp those also

• Like 1

Yes, use 360 content manager to ftp everything in correct location..

And all those guides still work.. you need tu, fakelive is on in dashlaunch, and then you run the game..

Also the indie titles have to be in the correct location.. so use 360 content manager to ftp those also

I'm sorry to maybe be a little bit too blunt, but you are "beating around the bush" here at this point. You took time to reply and I really appreciate it, yet you've added absolutely nothing of value to the conversation. I know there is that odd culture of not spoon feeding and using search, but I'm struggling here and problem with search is, that there is just TOO much info out there, at some point it's hard to say what is EXACTLY working, especially when it's not working. I don't know like you but I use forums for the spoon feeding, tailored just for me, because why not? It's just bits and bytes in cyber space, we don't exactly waste paper here. I mean if you're tired of answering the same questions, why not step aside and let someone else answer? I absolutely don't mean any kind of disrespect, but by now, you could've AT LEAST include what is the correct location for the whatever it needs to be in there (which I still don't know what that is by now)

And why do I need 360 content manager to ftp? Won't any ftp software like FileZilla do?

Thank you.

You can also use any kind of ftp client. But like felida said, 360 content manager put (upload) your stuff in the correct location. Its a little bit easier.

• Like 1

You can also use any kind of ftp client. But like felida said, 360 content manager put (upload) your stuff in the correct location. Its a little bit easier.

Thank you

I never used 360 content manager, so at first I thought he meant explorer360, but I have just downloaded 360 Content manager and I'm staring at it. I have to find some guides about it. Because I tried to use it and seems like it's looking for FSD and not Aurora

It doesnt currently work with aurora, as aurora doesnt have the SMBdll yet, so it cant connect via samba. for some wierd reason that app requires both samba, and FTP. Pointless, if you ask me.

Guest deegee

hi gr0bda I just the other day got indie games to work,follow this,First use any usb stick,sd card with adapter,or hard drive,Format to fat 32,

From aurora dash select file manager,then select HD1,then select content,then select 0000000000000000,once inside this folder select new directory and name the folder your going to create 58E07D2,once done select the 58E07D2 folder and go inside,then select new directory and create a folder called 00000002,also create a folder called 000B0000,then create a folder called 000E0000,,so now you should have 3 folders inside the 58E07D2 directory,inside the 000B0000 folder place the title update which should be something like this tu32000100_00000000 now inside the 00000002 folder place your indie games files,NO FOLDERS they should look something like this 009827E9DA69C917FF0DAF199EF06F8863211.. all the games will have a different number to this so don't worry,Now go back to where you have xm360v2.0D installed,mine is in the root of the hard drive,yours might be on a usb stick.select it and scroll down until you see the XM360.xex file and press A to run it,,once loaded select rescan all,then select Show DLC,then select unlock DLC,your games are now ready to play,exit to dash,everytime you add indie games you will have to load xm360 to unlock them as dlc,Now here is where there might be a difference in opinion in dashlaunch my fakelive is disabled and all works well,One last mention if your having trouble with some games start button,from the aurora dash goto Modules,select freestyle plugins then untick the screen capture combo and all should be fine,hope this helps ,any problems msg me,,Oh and one last thing may or may not be obvious,you will want to add the path to the dash,goto content manager in aurora,select add,under manage paths,select change,select hd1,select content,select 000000000000000,select 58E07D2,when inside you will see the 3 folders you created earlier,press Y,go down to depth and select 7,goto save and save ,job done,now wait time on indie games showing may be dependent on how many you put in at once

• Like 2

It doesnt currently work with aurora, as aurora doesnt have the SMBdll yet, so it cant connect via samba. for some wierd reason that app requires both samba, and FTP. Pointless, if you ask me.

Ummm no the hell it dont? The problem MOST people have and say it doesnt work, because Aurora changed the default user and password.. 360 content manager works completely damn fine for ftp'ing stuff to the correct location.. smb is not needed and is only a 2nd feature..

EDIT: you have to click the double gear icon, and under general settings, you have to hit "TOGGLE ADVANCED FEATURES" and you can set a custom user/password

Thank you

I never used 360 content manager, so at first I thought he meant explorer360, but I have just downloaded 360 Content manager and I'm staring at it. I have to find some guides about it. Because I tried to use it and seems like it's looking for FSD and not Aurora

360 Content manager isn't that hard to use mate.. when you first load the program, a popup comes up asking what you would like to do. and offers advice on how to achieve what you want.. most times you would click "UPLOAD FILES FROM MY PC TO 360" once you do that, you are greeted with this screen:

2ylky38.png

now how the hell are you gonna complain about a damn guide, when the flipping program tells you what to do EVERY TIME YOU START THE DAMN APP!!!!!

now.. the ONLY thing is yes, originally the program was geared towards FSD, as aurora wasn't even out yet.. but the FTP function works flawless... you have to hit the gears button in the main window:

23jg9zn.png

hit the toggle advanced features button:

1zbumvl.png

then it will give a warning about it is only needed for custom FTP settings, which is what you want... you change the user/password to "xboxftp" for both..

• Like 1

Thank you EVERYONE for the answers and all the help. Apologies I was a little bit cranky, I'll blame frustration for trying over and over and everything I read nothing worked. Finally found one tutorial that someone finally mentioned something, that clicked in my head.

Simple answer it was the grayed out avatars! The moment I installed the $$ytemUpdate for 17511 which updated the avatars, it started to work!

Thanks again

Thank you EVERYONE for the answers and all the help. Apologies I was a little bit cranky, I'll blame frustration for trying over and over and everything I read nothing worked. Finally found one tutorial that someone finally mentioned something, that clicked in my head.

Simple answer it was the grayed out avatars! The moment I installed the $$ytemUpdate for 17511 which updated the avatars, it started to work!

Thanks again

HA! yeah.. get's the best of us some times.. didnt even think about the avatar update lololol..

but yeah mate, 360 Content Manager is a breeze for sending TU's GoD's and XBLA to the 360 and will place them within their correct location EVERY time..

for extracted version's you must use a diff FTP program.. OF COURSE FTP'ing everything manually works too.. you just have to know exact location mate.

• Confused 1

Hi, this was the most updated post on this topic but I'm still having difficulty and have done a lot of reading and tried all suggestions and still can't get indie games to load on aurora. I've set fakelive, autolive, autocont, and set the title id on as a an auto path. I saved my ini every time and updated the title update for indie games. I've been trying to get Avatar Golf that I had purchased on my old 360 and transferred over. I even found a copy online and tried to upload that but still no luck. I've patched and uploaded with 360 content manager to the correct hdd paths and I know the game works as it works in freestyle 3 and original xbox dash. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Indie games can be a pain in the ass. lol. With aurora 0.7b, you will be able to set dashlaunch settings on a per game basis. Might help with your problems.

Hi 1st post here am not a noob to the jtag/rgh scene but did anyone get these indie games working with aurora dash they work flawlessly on FSD and normal dash board just not on aurora 🧐

14 hours ago, saywaking said:

Yes, indie games are working. There are plenty of missing covers for those, i made a script to detect the missing covers.

can you show me how to get these working in aurora 06b my current setup is this 

hdd/content/0000000000000000/584E07D2/000B0000/tu32000100_00000000
hdd/content/0000000000000000/584E07D2/00000002/gameID

dashlaunch setup 
; when set to TRUE various functions will be spoofed to make firmware think it's connected to LIVE
; this does not compensate for the fact that it cannot contact LIVE servers
; setting this to TRUE forces liveblock to TRUE
; if not set this value will be FALSE
fakelive = false (ive also tried this on true)

i get a little loading pop up but just pings back to the aurora dash 

My Great Capture Screenshot 2018-02-12 03-15-00.png

My_Great_Capture_Screenshot_2018-02-12_03-18-03.png

My Great Capture Screenshot 2018-02-12 03-18-23.png

My dashlaunch settings are, autofake is false, fakelive true

Make sure you have the latest dashboard, dashlaunch, and system updates. Also the title update might be corrupt.

Try to delete the TU with Aurora and afterwards try to delete TU with Filemanager if you still find it in the directories and GameData.

Then install TU again and enable it in the Aurora Game Settings TU Menu.

If it still does not work, try to provide us some some log file of Aurora, after you start

Here a short summary for all those, wich want to play Indie games on a XBOX 360 RGH in 2018. I have installed Aurora v0.7b, Dashlaunch V3.18.1 and my Kernel Version is 17511.

1. Download IndyGameTitleUpdate

2. Create two folders in the following location:

hdd/content/0000000000000000/584E07D2/000B0000/tu32000100_00000000 (IndyGameTitleUpdater)

3. Go to content in left menu in Aurora and add path with the following location:

hdd/content/0000000000000000/584E07D2

and save it.

4. Go to Dashlaunch and enable liveblock under Network. Fakelive and autofake are disabled.

5. If your avatar is gray in Original XBOX 360 Dashboard, you have to update the system, without that, Indie games won't launch.

Look into settings > System > Console Settings > System Info and write down your kernel version.

Download the System update corresponding to your kernel version, in my case 17511.

Uncompress it and go into the extracted folder, in my case "$SystemUpdate 17511". You will found this folder "$SystemUpdate".

Rename it in "$$ystemUpdate" and copy the folder on your USB drive. Go into the Original XBOX 360 Dashboard and now plug in the USB drive.

XBOX 360 will automatically update the system. After that your avatar should be colored.

Finally you can play Indie games 😊.

34 minutes ago, cd1076 said:

Here a short summary for all those, wich want to play Indie games on a XBOX 360 RGH in 2018. I have installed Aurora v0.7b, Dashlaunch V3.18.1 and my Kernel Version is 17511.

1. Download IndyGameTitleUpdate

2. Create two folders in the following location:

hdd/content/0000000000000000/584E07D2/000B0000/tu32000100_00000000 (IndyGameTitleUpdater)

3. Go to content in left menu in Aurora and add path with the following location:

hdd/content/0000000000000000/584E07D2

and save it.

4. Go to Dashlaunch and enable liveblock under Network. Fakelive and autofake are disabled.

5. If your avatar is gray in Original XBOX 360 Dashboard, you have to update the system, without that, Indie games won't launch.

Look into settings > System > Console Settings > System Info and write down your kernel version.

Download the System update corresponding to your kernel version, in my case 17511.

Uncompress it and go into the extracted folder, in my case "$SystemUpdate 17511". You will found this folder "$SystemUpdate".

Rename it in "$$ystemUpdate" and copy the folder on your USB drive. Go into the Original XBOX 360 Dashboard and now plug in the USB drive.

XBOX 360 will automatically update the system. After that your avatar should be colored.

Finally you can play Indie games 😊.

1. Your avatar can be seen in auroa 0.7.

2. Most indie titles NEED fakelive, which can be set on a per-game basis now with aurora 0.7b

3. The systemupdate only needs to be "$$ysyemUpdate" IF the noupdate or w.e option is set in dashlaunch..

Just a couple of corrections..

39 minutes ago, felida said:

1. Your avatar can be seen in auroa 0.7.

2. Most indie titles NEED fakelive, which can be set on a per-game basis now with aurora 0.7b

3. The systemupdate only needs to be "$$ysyemUpdate" IF the noupdate or w.e option is set in dashlaunch..

Just a couple of corrections..

Ok, i didn't want spread wrong informations.

I only tested "Akane the Kunoichi" which does not need fakelive.