RealModScene

I've just finished the SkinDownloader v1.1
Now it downloads skins, coverflows and backgrounds.

BUT

The server is down for now :( when it's online i will change the hosting and release the latest version.

Aaaaand, in a near future when everything works like charm...TrainerDownloader will be added to the family! :p

Allowing you to see the trainers available for the games that you have.

• Like 3

Hey guys,  its awesome you're making use of our utility script feature!   I can't wait to see what else comes out.

I did note the missing functionality for Http download callback and Swizzy is right, we did overlook it.  I'll be adding that in the next version of Aurora.  If you guys have any other requests for features in the utilitys script stuff, let me know.   I'll review it all and see what i can and can't do!

A feature that would be nice is to get the current profile, i saw functions to get the profile info but there's gotta be another to know which one/s have the session started.

As for my script, for example i can't know in which profile setup the background because of that so the script sets the background for all profiles(optionally)

Other functionalities that are good for scripts and the community will surely use would be to know titleid, mediaid, version, author, etc directly from a xex file(like for trainers information).

I bet that if you made a forum post dedicated to ideas for the scripting system, many of the programmers would give a lot of great ideas!

Nice work devs! I love Aurora and how it's growing :D

• Like 3

A feature that would be nice is to get the current profile, i saw functions to get the profile info but there's gotta be another to know which one/s have the session started.

As for my script, for example i can't know in which profile setup the background because of that so the script sets the background for all profiles(optionally)

Other functionalities that are good for scripts and the community will surely use would be to know titleid, mediaid, version, author, etc directly from a xex file(like for trainers information).

I bet that if you made a forum post dedicated to ideas for the scripting system, many of the programmers would give a lot of great ideas!

Nice work devs! I love Aurora and how it's growing :D

To change settings for the current profile, just use "Settings.SetUser(setting, newvalue);", in the case of background: "Settings.SetUser("BackgroundFile", newfilename);"

This of course requires that you have the Settings permission setup, otherwise it'll fail since it doesn't load the settings library

Thanks i didnt know that, so i will replace sql to setting permission.

The server is still down. It's a disgrace because the Update.ini it's in that server and if i change the hosting, people wouldn't notice and won't update the script

It's because of cpu overload i guess, they've suspended the account. I couldn't find a free hosting that doesn't have higher cpu limits for SkinDownloader work like it's supposed to be.

I've just finished the SkinDownloader v1.1

Now it downloads skins, coverflows and backgrounds.

BUT

The server is down for now :( when it's online i will change the hosting and release the latest version.

Aaaaand, in a near future when everything works like charm...TrainerDownloader will be added to the family! :p

Allowing you to see the trainers available for the games that you have.

To be honest.. as long as they arent xyz official aurora trainers.. you can make it.. I've already brought the idea up, and can be implemented.. but paracrypt is MIA lol.. xyz already has a server for it.. as the old xyzproject used to do it..

Now if he could also be reached.. maybe a skin thing can be used on their stuff too.. but no promises lol..

Thanks i didnt know that, so i will replace sql to setting permission.

The server is still down. It's a disgrace because the Update.ini it's in that server and if i change the hosting, people wouldn't notice and won't update the script

It's because of cpu overload i guess, they've suspended the account. I couldn't find a free hosting that doesn't have higher cpu limits for SkinDownloader work like it's supposed to be.

You can update the script in the repository if you like, they'll see an error and might use the repository to check for an update, it has the ability to update existing scripts (overwrite them)

But the script needs a hosting so people can upload content :/ i haven't find a solution for this. If i put online again the website or any other free hosting, it will be down on matter of time. Free hostings allow 500 visits a day (counting api for script calls) so it's nearly impossible to continue the service.

If anyone had any idea on how to make this permanent you're welcome. Until then the script won't work, sorry for the dissapointment

• Like 1

Since the trainers are in Public Domain, and released for free, you can create your own server, and re host them. You will need to stay on top of the updates your self. As it is, I am in the middle of coding a similar script, that will handle all content, and allow you to upload content from the console. Would be nice if the Zipfile library allowed you to create files, and not just extract them. The rest of the functionallity should be there. As for hosting, you are better off setting up your own server, as most web hosting has bandwidth issues, and something like this is going to pull alot of bandwidth. 

• Like 2

Since the trainers are in Public Domain, and released for free, you can create your own server, and re host them. You will need to stay on top of the updates your self. As it is, I am in the middle of coding a similar script, that will handle all content, and allow you to upload content from the console. Would be nice if the Zipfile library allowed you to create files, and not just extract them. The rest of the functionallity should be there. As for hosting, you are better off setting up your own server, as most web hosting has bandwidth issues, and something like this is going to pull alot of bandwidth. 

Where i am it's nearly impossible to make my own server, it would be slow as hell. The maximum of internet speed here is 3Mbps :( so i'm gonna release the SkinDownloader v1.1 so people can watch the code but it won't work until someone puts its own server

• Like 1

if that is the case, I will look into it. I can get decent speeds in my country..... It does mean I would have to start paying for the internet(lol), but that is the price you pay for these things. I would need the server side code though, and I would probably change it to meet the needs of my All purpose Download/Upload script. It would give me a decent base for the server side stuff though, which I havnt even had time to get started on. Then when I finish all of that, I would set up the server, and as the skin part probably wouldnt change much, it should still work with your script, if not, mine will include that and so much more. Might wait to see what kind of options are available in the next version of aurora, before I finish it.

• Like 1

I could probably setup a repository on GXArena, i'm just trying to have it transferred to my account (the hosting) so i can manage it completely on my own, it has ALOT of free space right now and unlimited usage... (it's got around 130 GB of free space, much more then you need...)

I'll get back to you about that one... and yes, it does have PHP support... so you could if you wanted to add uploading to the mix aswell... i can also add SQL if needed...

Keep in mind that allowing users to upload content themselves can easily spiral out of control with people uploading all kinds of stuff, we have to consider the fact that we've got alot of kids using the consoles aswell, so we might want to restrict the uploaded content a little bit... that would be something i would personally require if you'd be using my hosting...

I figured I would allow certain content hard coded in my script, mainly homebrew, skins, trainers, localizations, aurora plugins, emulators, scripts, and OG xbox content, then add an option so other repositories could be added, where people could host other more nefarious content(Roms, Games, DLC, etc) if they chose to do so. The script was going to be more of a front end for a framework, for content uploading/downloading. I havnt really had much time to work on it, as I am still working out the kinks to LUA, and then my web programming is way rusty(Like 10 years rusty) lol. So it is definatly a project. And on top of that there is no way to stop people from changing the script, so the content wouldnt be uploadable to the server, unless aurora will allow compiled lua to run, which might be hard to do, considering some of those libraries arent available on a pc,  or the server did hash checks on the script to make sure it wasnt modified in any way(Which would be way easy to spoof if the code isnt compiled and or obfuscated.) 

• Like 1

I could probably setup a repository on GXArena, i'm just trying to have it transferred to my account (the hosting) so i can manage it completely on my own, it has ALOT of free space right now and unlimited usage... (it's got around 130 GB of free space, much more then you need...)

I'll get back to you about that one... and yes, it does have PHP support... so you could if you wanted to add uploading to the mix aswell... i can also add SQL if needed...

Keep in mind that allowing users to upload content themselves can easily spiral out of control with people uploading all kinds of stuff, we have to consider the fact that we've got alot of kids using the consoles aswell, so we might want to restrict the uploaded content a little bit... that would be something i would personally require if you'd be using my hosting...

Thanks Swizzy! But just today FeArCxDxGx donated to me some space in his hosting account, so we have been configuring it all day and for tomorrow it would be up and online and i will finally release the 1.1 version :D

The website has a moderating feature, the skins need to be approbed so they can be in the list so no childhood ruined :p

• Like 5

Hosting the Skins on unity or an official hosting of phoenix or a reliable hosting would be better.

SkinDownloader is a good name. FreeMyDisk from what? I would rename it to DeadTURemover or create an all in one cc like cleaner for DB, Cache, Dead Files, Old Files, unused DLC/TU, double Files or something, just as an idea.

Thanks for this

• Like 1

Hosting the Skins on unity or an official hosting of phoenix or a reliable hosting would be better.

SkinDownloader is a good name. FreeMyDisk from what? I would rename it to DeadTURemover or create an all in one cc like cleaner for DB, Cache, Dead Files, Old Files, unused DLC/TU, double Files or something, just as an idea.

Thanks for this

Not necessarily be hosted on unity servers

Phoenix guarantees uptime of their services. I see skins, filters, languages, scripts as a community development in one platform, and it would be a platform by the development Team. I didnt like when FSD Skins were on too many different platforms. I still look forward to a Store Like stuff, but as an official Phoenix Module or Script from one source, where the community updloads to and where Mods maybe have kind of control like verification, and the community has rating possibility.

Its not necessary you are right, i just want to prevent having multiple partially outdated skin downloaders, from different authors and different sources

And the URL is already not working btw.

http://aurorascripts.tuars.com

So wouldnt do the script one day.

Phoenix guarantees uptime of their services. I see skins, filters, languages, scripts as a community development in one platform, and it would be a platform by the development Team. I didnt like when FSD Skins were on too many different platforms. I still look forward to a Store Like stuff, but as an official Phoenix Module or Script from one source, where the community updloads to and where Mods maybe have kind of control like verification, and the community has rating possibility.

Its not necessary you are right, i just want to prevent having multiple partially outdated skin downloaders, from different authors and different sources

The website has been moved to another hosting where now everything should work, soon the author of this will all make the statement about the case ...

Enviado de meu ASUS_T00J usando Tapatalk

• Like 1

If you read above you will see that now it's gonna be online 24/7 and it will be fast so it's a premium service. And the idea is that it's mantained so it's now gonna be outdated

Thanks for this

I would change the name for that one, it developed it in like an hour and i've focused on the SkinDownloader.

The reason i didn't do a all in one cleaner is because i didn't wanted to mess too much with deleting files and stuff so maybe the db would break, idk maybe sometime later i will make that

• Like 3

The hosting is paid and has 2 years for the payment to expire

Dude.. dont listen to anyone saying it should be hosted here..

1. Less workload on actual rms/link/unity servers

2. It is your own personal work.. and you are offering a place for others to host their skins.. which is nice.. you could try to charge people and stuff.. and you aren't.. so yeah run your own server mate, and cheers for the hard work..

Note: i was checking up on several free places.. infinityfree.net claims to be a free host with unlimited bandwidth.. but i haven't actually tried to mess with it.. lol

• Like 2

friend.
I'm really not charging anyone for anything, it's just to have a better connection or a premium connection, at no cost to anyone.
It's just to have a better experience or to provide a better experience

Dude.. dont listen to anyone saying it should be hosted here..

1. Less workload on actual rms/link/unity servers

2. It is your own personal work.. and you are offering a place for others to host their skins.. which is nice.. you could try to charge people and stuff.. and you aren't.. so yeah run your own server mate, and cheers for the hard work..

Note: i was checking up on several free places.. infinityfree.net claims to be a free host with unlimited bandwidth.. but i haven't actually tried to mess with it.. lol

• Like 1

It is doing the change of hosting, please patience

NOTE: Nothing will be charged to anyone

The website has been moved to another hosting where now everything should work, soon the author of this will all make the statement about the case ...

Enviado de meu ASUS_T00J usando Tapatalk

Before you release the next script, you should add an aurora version check, to both the server side code, and the script. This will make sure people arent downloading skins that are incompatible with the next version of aurora when that comes out.

• Like 4

Swizzy a long time ago I talked to you in pm about the limit of mb/s that xbox unity supported and you said that the problem with sending TU to the server could not exceed 200 mb/s and that it would be arranged in a future Next, has the problem been solved yet?